Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus 3.2.22 "Official Release"
Mixbus v3.2 has been released with many new features and improvements!

Mixbus v3 customers should receive an email to update to version 3.2 today or tomorrow. If you don't receive an email by tomorrow evening, please check your bulk/spam folder, and then write us at mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com ... we will send you a link ASAP!

New Features:
New: XT-DC Drum Character plugin added to the Character Bundle. Users may purchase the XT-DC as part of the Character Bundle, or upgrade their Character Bundle to include the new plugin at a reduced price.
New: “Export Analysis” dialog may be displayed after an export. The export analysis window provides you an extra level of confidence that your track sounds great and meets common deliverable requirements for distribution and broadcast. Features include:
  • LUFS loudness measurement
  • LU (Loudness Unit) histogram
  • LU Range
  • Waveform display, with peak indicators
  • Peak Sample value + True Peak value
  • Spectrogram view
  • Auditioning of exported audio with seeking
  • Shortcut to open export folder in Finder/Explorer
New: x42 Equalizer plugin: This plugin from developer x42 is a third-party addon that is installed with Mixbus. To use the plugin, users may purchase a license from the Harrison web-store: http://harrisonconsoles.com/site/store-mixbus.html The x42 EQ plugin implements the newly-developed LV2 licensing standard which allows plugins to report their licensing state inside Mixbus. This makes it much easier for users to see which plugins are used in a session, which ones are licensed, and where to purchase a license.

Improvements and fixes:
New: Window->License manager: shows the status of Mixbus and LV2 plugins that use the new specification ( such as x42 ).
Show the License Manager if session contains unlicensed Harrison (or x42) LV2 plugins
Improved the tap-tempo button accuracy … tap several times to get a more accurate bpm
Inline channelstrip plugin parameter sliders now implement “touch” so you can write touch automation from those controls
Fixed the problem where MIDI bindings to a knob would stop working after you moved the GUI knob.
Fix waveform flickering during recording.
Allow user to remove the timespan name from the export-filename.
“Collect Groups" feature was not doing anything. This is fixed.
Using "Esc" key closes several dialogs that it wasn’t working on before.
Configurable export preroll : pre-process silence before export to flush reverb tails etc. ( fixes reverb tails from getting into the start of the export, if the associated plugin does not respond to flush)

Windows fixes:
Fixed some problems with Harrison LV2 plugin "license" text
PortAudio now combines both modes of PortAudio into a single selection. If your system worked best with PortAudio (no callback), you will need to check the “Buffered I/O" button in the Audio setup window.
Windows: fix hang at exit, after exporting, when using PortAudio nonblocking audio system
Fix OSC remote-control
Improve support for export command-arg ( still needs explicit paths I think )
Fill some more VST transport flags. ( fixes some VST instruments/sequencer plugins that can be synced to the Mixbus transport )
Prevent crash if VST does not implement effEditGetRect
Implement MIDI device enumeration and latency offset/calibration in portaudio backend

Mac OSX fixes:
OSX: When closing a dialog, return focus to the main window; ( fixes problems where
Spacebar doesn't work after closing the Export dialog, for example )
OS X: fix the handling of modifier keys (Cmd,Control) according to Apple guidelines

..and approximately 100 other minor improvements and bug-fixes.
Check out the new XT-DC Drum Character plugin:

[video=youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpEL-ZjJsPI[/video]

The Drum Character plugin allows you to separate live drum sounds into the "attack" and "tail" portion of the drum hit. Then you can apply tone-shaping to either the attack or tail, and improve the way the drum track fits in your mix.

The XT-DC is now included in the "Character Bundle" plugin package. The Character Bundle includes the XT-BC Bass Character, XT-VC Voice Character, and XT-DC Drum Character. Each of these plugins has a similar operation, and they are all intended to help resolve troublesome problems with "live" recordings. The Character plugins are unique to Harrison Mixbus, and provide features that no other plugin can match.

Customers who already own the "Character Bundle" will be able to add the XT-DC at a reduced price. Our "plugged-in" members will be able to take an additional discount for the new plugin.

Check out the video, and let me know what you think!
-Ben
Woow! great update with regards to the loudness metering. This really sets MB on the road to being a one stop mastering tool.I also love the drum character plugin. It has real potential Keep up the great work guys!

jouvert
Mixbus/Windows- VST Plugins
Thanks Jouvert!

I forgot one other improvement:

The XT-EG Expander/Gate has been improved with a much more accurate display which scrolls faster so it can display faster gate opening/closing.

-Ben
The new Drum Character plugin is fantastic. I bought a license already 15 minutes after starting 3.2 the first time! :-)
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
Thank you for this update, guys! BFD3 loads fine now. Great job figuring that out so quickly! You guys and the guys at fxpansion REALLY did a wonderful job handling that issue!
I found one little hickup: Playback (groove auditioning) is linked to session playback for some reason (it is impossible to audition a groove within BFD3 without having the session playing in the background), but apart from that it seems to be very stable!

Also, I am still unable to get proper latency compensation. Same issue as before: It measures fine but when clicking "use results" nothing is effected.
Looks like a good update! I have asked on general forum too, but need answers....
How do I access the monitoring fx inserts I read about on the last update?
Windows 10 64bit
i7 4790
16GB RAM
EZKeys still crashes (according to clintmartin) Sad

(03-10-2016, 07:11 PM)richinmusic Wrote: Looks like a good update! I have asked on general forum too, but need answers....
Not at the DAW but I'm pretty sure it's a "Process" button on the Monitor section.
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

“It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
(03-10-2016, 07:11 PM)richinmusic Wrote: Looks like a good update! I have asked on general forum too, but need answers....

Menu > Session > Properties > Monitoring .. User Monitor Section ..

Very nice update. I wish someone at Harrison could get through to Toontrack and get EZ Keys fixed, but I've tried myself and I can't get them to respond to me either.
I love the new export analysis tool...that's cool!