Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus 3.2.22 "Official Release"
Shocked 
(03-11-2016, 04:56 AM)x42 Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 04:36 AM)Ivanoff Wrote: Just intall the new 3.2 release, but after a while I have a noise from time to time, like a bad licence. I try to re past my licence, but nothing changes.....

Can you check Menu > Window > License Manager ?

A (relatively) quick test is to just create a new session, don't add any tracks and let mixbus sit there for 5 minutes. In the Mixer window check the numeric meter-peak (bottom right).

Unlicensed version will show -30dBFS (give or take) after the no-license noise appeared. Licensed versions will stay below -100dBFS.

In any case, emailing Harrison support is the best way of action in this case.
ok, thanks for the quick reply and for your work.Smile
Windows 8.1 32bit, SawStudioLite/Mixbus4, Echo Layla 3G.
License Manager so it will be open with each project? He did the most essential element of a work. I think that is something that once set and forget.
(03-11-2016, 05:19 AM)Yriisem Wrote: License Manager so it will be open with each project? He did the most essential element of a work.

Smile

It only opens automatically if an unlicensed plugin is present in the session.

(03-11-2016, 05:19 AM)Yriisem Wrote: I think that is something that once set and forget.

It was mainly meant to be informative (if you get a 3rd party session that contains plugins).
Nobody flagged it up as annoying so far, I suppose we could add a preference checkbox to disable the automatic popup.

There's also some future work planned to make it even easier to copy files into the $HOME dir. There is an surprisingly large number of users who have issues with that.
(03-11-2016, 03:31 AM)MSB Wrote:
(03-10-2016, 06:02 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: I forgot one other improvement:

The XT-EG Expander/Gate has been improved with a much more accurate display which scrolls faster so it can display faster gate opening/closing.

Strange, but in THIS version my screen does not show anything Sad In previous version all ok.

Аnd another oddity: Text in window's titlebar of Harrison plugins. In non latin encoding it display incorrect. In other plugins all ok

Max

mmh. this has not yet come up.
Could you please contact Harrison support by email and send system specifics along (which OS, architecture, version, language,..). To be on the same page, it would also be helpful to test with a new session, just add one new Track, default name "Audio" and XT-EG. If that also produces the issue, zip it up and attach it to the email.
(03-10-2016, 08:48 PM)blakkshepe Wrote: OK, Feature request.....

Could the export analysis tool be available to analyse other audio files, perhaps as a separate tool ?

While the analysis part is generic, the presentation and integration is currently very specific to post-export.

Analyzing audio regions and ranges is likely next, adding analysis as option to the import dialog will yet need some different view of relevant information.

There are currently no plans to make this a standalone separate tool. There are plenty already out there: http://www.sonicvisualiser.org/ http://gillesdegottex.github.io/dfasma/ to mention two freely available ones.
(03-11-2016, 05:58 AM)x42 Wrote: Smile

It only opens automatically if an unlicensed plugin is present in the session.

Thanks for the answer. indeed it happens with enclosed other which is involved de-esser Smile
Quote:Mac OSX fixes:
OSX: When closing a dialog, return focus to the main window; ( fixes problems where
Spacebar doesn't work after closing the Export dialog, for example )
On my computer 1 (+OSX.8.5), it doesn't change anything, I still need to clic inside the edit or mix window to get the spacebar back.

On my computer 2 (+OSX.9.5), it sometimes works depending which window I close (ok with Preferences or Key Bindings windows but not with the Project window).

Sometimes it simply stop working (I don't know if the behavior is different when closing the window with the mouse / with a shortcut / with the Cancel button when available).

Quote:OS X: fix the handling of modifier keys (Cmd,Control) according to Apple guidelines
I don't know exactly what this mod is supposed to change => change the old shortcuts from "ctrl+key" to "cmd+key" or something else ?

While my user defined shortcuts are still Ok after the update, I have issues when creating some new ones.

Creating new key bindings using a CMD key modifier now shows as 'Mod2' after assign a shortcut (instead of the CMD sign) + the shortcut doesn't work anymore :

Other modifier key are working : ALT/OPTION, SHIFT and CONTROL (the correct sign is displayed, NOT 'mod1' or 'mod3'), only the CMD key is "broken".

It is quite annoying, as I hate using CTRL+key, I prefer CMD+key, so I get back to v3.1 (at least until I finish to edit my own shortcut). I also need to edit some shortcuts because I am using a French Azerty keyboard (some of the original shortcuts do not work with azerty).
Computer 1 : Mac OSX.8.5 & Mac OSX.11.2
MacMini Core i7 @2,3GHz RAM 16GB System SSD / Audio HDD
Computer 2 : Mac OSX.9.5 & Mac OSX.11.3
MBP C2D @2,4GHz RAM 4GB System SSD / Audio HDD
Softwares : Mixbus v3.1, Pro Tools 10.3.10 & 12.4, VEP5.3.1
(03-10-2016, 08:23 PM)clintmartin Wrote: Very nice update. I wish someone at Harrison could get through to Toontrack and get EZ Keys fixed, but I've tried myself and I can't get them to respond to me either.
I love the new export analysis tool...that's cool!
Last night I installed the 32bit version of EZKeys as well as the 32bit version of Mixbus 3.2.

Wah-Lah. That 32bit version of EZKeys did not crash the 32bit version of Mixbus.

This is on Windows 10 64 bit OS.

Sadly, 64bit EZKeys still crashed 64bit Mixbus.
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

“It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
Great update! But still has issue with Nebula and Acqua plugins.Hearing only left channel.I have to add another plugin before Nebula to get it work.
Mixbus Support -

Is there a full listing of mods and fixes that went into this release that we
can review? I'm curious (as I think others might be) to see which of the
problems that have been reported in the threads here have been
addressed in 3.2.

Thanks so much!

Patrick