Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus 3.2.22 "Official Release"
OK, Feature request.....

Could the export analysis tool be available to analyse other audio files, perhaps as a separate tool ?
(03-10-2016, 05:33 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Mixbus v3.2 has been released with many new features and improvements!

Mixbus v3 customers should receive an email to update to version 3.2 today or tomorrow. If you don't receive an email by tomorrow evening, please check your bulk/spam folder, and then write us at mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com ... we will send you a link ASAP!

New Features:
New: XT-DC Drum Character plugin added to the Character Bundle. Users may purchase the XT-DC as part of the Character Bundle, or upgrade their Character Bundle to include the new plugin at a reduced price.
New: “Export Analysis” dialog may be displayed after an export. The export analysis window provides you an extra level of confidence that your track sounds great and meets common deliverable requirements for distribution and broadcast. Features include:
  • LUFS loudness measurement
  • LU (Loudness Unit) histogram
  • LU Range
  • Waveform display, with peak indicators
  • Peak Sample value + True Peak value
  • Spectrogram view
  • Auditioning of exported audio with seeking
  • Shortcut to open export folder in Finder/Explorer
New: x42 Equalizer plugin: This plugin from developer x42 is a third-party addon that is installed with Mixbus. To use the plugin, users may purchase a license from the Harrison web-store: http://harrisonconsoles.com/site/store-mixbus.html The x42 EQ plugin implements the newly-developed LV2 licensing standard which allows plugins to report their licensing state inside Mixbus. This makes it much easier for users to see which plugins are used in a session, which ones are licensed, and where to purchase a license.

Improvements and fixes:
New: Window->License manager: shows the status of Mixbus and LV2 plugins that use the new specification ( such as x42 ).
Show the License Manager if session contains unlicensed Harrison (or x42) LV2 plugins
Improved the tap-tempo button accuracy … tap several times to get a more accurate bpm
Inline channelstrip plugin parameter sliders now implement “touch” so you can write touch automation from those controls
Fixed the problem where MIDI bindings to a knob would stop working after you moved the GUI knob.
Fix waveform flickering during recording.
Allow user to remove the timespan name from the export-filename.
“Collect Groups" feature was not doing anything. This is fixed.
Using "Esc" key closes several dialogs that it wasn’t working on before.
Configurable export preroll : pre-process silence before export to flush reverb tails etc. ( fixes reverb tails from getting into the start of the export, if the associated plugin does not respond to flush)

Windows fixes:
Fixed some problems with Harrison LV2 plugin "license" text
PortAudio now combines both modes of PortAudio into a single selection. If your system worked best with PortAudio (no callback), you will need to check the “Buffered I/O" button in the Audio setup window.
Windows: fix hang at exit, after exporting, when using PortAudio nonblocking audio system
Fix OSC remote-control
Improve support for export command-arg ( still needs explicit paths I think )
Fill some more VST transport flags. ( fixes some VST instruments/sequencer plugins that can be synced to the Mixbus transport )
Prevent crash if VST does not implement effEditGetRect
Implement MIDI device enumeration and latency offset/calibration in portaudio backend

Mac OSX fixes:
OSX: When closing a dialog, return focus to the main window; ( fixes problems where
Spacebar doesn't work after closing the Export dialog, for example )
OS X: fix the handling of modifier keys (Cmd,Control) according to Apple guidelines

..and approximately 100 other minor improvements and bug-fixes.
Monitor section is broken on most of my projects. The GUI for the monitor section is missing buttons and I can't insert ARC in the processors section( it gives the mismatch error...this plugin has 2 audio inputs and they are not present bit). What I don't understand is that it isn't on every project. I can switch to another project and it's fine. It's about half of my 12 songs I am currently trying to finish up. Any thoughts? On the plus side, OSC works in windows now and MB doesn't crash every time I close it! Windows 8.1 Pro, AMD A10, 16gb RAM
(03-10-2016, 05:42 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Customers who already own the "Character Bundle" will be able to add the XT-DC at a reduced price. Our "plugged-in" members will be able to take an additional discount for the new plugin.

How much is the discount for Plugged-in members ?
(03-10-2016, 08:11 PM)x42 Wrote:
(03-10-2016, 07:11 PM)richinmusic Wrote: Looks like a good update! I have asked on general forum too, but need answers....
How do I access the monitoring fx inserts I read about on the last update?

Menu > Session > Properties > Monitoring .. User Monitor Section ..

Bingo! Thanks much!
Windows 10 64bit
i7 4790
16GB RAM
Fascinating to see where this project ends up. Fully understand the need to generate cash flow to keep the programming and marketing going but totally don't agree with the strategy. I think instead of trying to get the early adopters to come up with more and more money to buy plugins to keep the ball rolling they should be including these plugins to entice the growth of the user base and eventually a $79.00 program becomes $99.00 and then $129.00 etc,etc...Vamos a ver.
hi! how and where to download update?
thank you!
(03-11-2016, 12:33 AM)slava.datskevich Wrote: hi! how and where to download update?
thank you!

If you already own MixBus, you should have gotten an email with the links.
Windows 10 64bit
i7 4790
16GB RAM
(03-10-2016, 06:02 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: I forgot one other improvement:

The XT-EG Expander/Gate has been improved with a much more accurate display which scrolls faster so it can display faster gate opening/closing.

Strange, but in THIS version my screen does not show anything Sad In previous version all ok.

Аnd another oddity: Text in window's titlebar of Harrison plugins. In non latin encoding it display incorrect. In other plugins all ok

Max
Just intall the new 3.2 release, but after a while I have a noise from time to time, like a bad licence. I try to re past my licence, but nothing changes.....
Windows 8.1 32bit, SawStudioLite/Mixbus4, Echo Layla 3G.
(03-11-2016, 04:36 AM)Ivanoff Wrote: Just intall the new 3.2 release, but after a while I have a noise from time to time, like a bad licence. I try to re past my licence, but nothing changes.....

Can you check Menu > Window > License Manager ?

A (relatively) quick test is to just create a new session, don't add any tracks and let mixbus sit there for 5 minutes. In the Mixer window check the numeric meter-peak (bottom right).

Unlicensed version will show -30dBFS (give or take) after the no-license noise appeared. Licensed versions will stay below -100dBFS.

In any case, emailing Harrison support is the best way of action in this case.