Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus 3.1-66 "Official Release"
Mixbus customers should receive an email to update to version 3.1 today.

v3.1 incorporates hundreds of features and fixes, and was intensively tested. Many of the changes were provided in "interim" release packages which allowed our customers to follow our progress and make comments. But 3.1 also incorporates some new improvements of its own.

One of the important new additions in Mixbus v3.1 is support for three types of external hardware control surfaces.
• Generic MIDI devices can use “MIDI Learn” to assign MIDI controls directly to on-screen knobs or use MIDI profiles to select many pre-configured device layouts from a pull-down menu, with more to come.
• Mackie control protocol is provided for motorized fader controllers, and the Mackie protocols have been extended to ergonomically control the Mixbus channelstrip EQ, compressor, and 8 mixbus sends. Dedicated
support is provided for popular devices like the Presonus Faderport, Mackie MCU, and Behringer X-Touch controllers.
• OSC (Open Source Control) protocol supports ethernet-based wireless tablet controllers such as TouchOSC and Lemur for iOS and Android to remote-control Mixbus.

Mixbus v3.1 now allows more user control over the interface look&feel, with the ability to scale the channelstrips to match your monitor size, from the smallest laptop screen to the largest desktop monitors. Many new visual options
have also been added, allowing the user to adjust the Mixbus screen to their own preference.

A new “Favorite Plugins” sidebar feature provides a list of your favorite plugin settings in a convenient list that can be dragged into your tracks. You can also choose multiple tracks and apply a plugin to the entire selection. Plugins can
be added pre-fader or post-fader on every track. When you find your favorite settings for a plugin, just drag the plugin into the favorites list with all the presets maintained. Plugin management has never been easier!

Mixbus v3.1 contains an expanded monitor section that allows you to add plugins for room correction and/or metering in the listening path (i.e. room eq/correction), without affecting the master bus output. The monitor section can also be
shown or hidden directly from the master bus.

We look forward to your comments!
I am super glad to hear about the monitoring fx! I am excited to load this new version, Mixbus has come a long way since I bought v2!
Windows 10 64bit
i7 4790
16GB RAM
Woohoo, can't wait to check it out!
(02-08-2016, 05:18 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Mixbus customers should receive an email to update to version 3.1 today.

v3.1 incorporates hundreds of features and fixes, and was intensively tested. Many of the changes were provided in "interim" release packages which allowed our customers to follow our progress and make comments. But 3.1 also incorporates some new improvements of its own.

One of the important new additions in Mixbus v3.1 is support for three types of external hardware control surfaces.
• Generic MIDI devices can use “MIDI Learn” to assign MIDI controls directly to on-screen knobs or use MIDI profiles to select many pre-configured device layouts from a pull-down menu, with more to come.
• Mackie control protocol is provided for motorized fader controllers, and the Mackie protocols have been extended to ergonomically control the Mixbus channelstrip EQ, compressor, and 8 mixbus sends. Dedicated
support is provided for popular devices like the Presonus Faderport, Mackie MCU, and Behringer X-Touch controllers.
• OSC (Open Source Control) protocol supports ethernet-based wireless tablet controllers such as TouchOSC and Lemur for iOS and Android to remote-control Mixbus.

Mixbus v3.1 now allows more user control over the interface look&feel, with the ability to scale the channelstrips to match your monitor size, from the smallest laptop screen to the largest desktop monitors. Many new visual options
have also been added, allowing the user to adjust the Mixbus screen to their own preference.

A new “Favorite Plugins” sidebar feature provides a list of your favorite plugin settings in a convenient list that can be dragged into your tracks. You can also choose multiple tracks and apply a plugin to the entire selection. Plugins can
be added pre-fader or post-fader on every track. When you find your favorite settings for a plugin, just drag the plugin into the favorites list with all the presets maintained. Plugin management has never been easier!

Mixbus v3.1 contains an expanded monitor section that allows you to add plugins for room correction and/or metering in the listening path (i.e. room eq/correction), without affecting the master bus output. The monitor section can also be
shown or hidden directly from the master bus.

We look forward to your comments!

Just got my download email. Bless you Harrison. Great work.
Let me be the first to say, "I love the new GUI. Good job, guys."
Just loading it up makes me want to start mixing something.

It's been worth the wait.
Boyd
------------------------------------------
Windows 10 64; - Core i5 16GB; - RME Babyface; - MixBus 32C & XT plugins; Sonarworks Reference 4; Ozone 8; Neutron 2; Steven Slate Drums 5;
Superior Drummer 3; Ample Sound Bass & Guitar VSTi's; Behringer X-Touch

Whoa. Do you think that these colors make any sense ? See attached. It is very confusing. There is no coherence. System is Linux 64-bits. Makes me want to go back to the previous interim release. This is so obtrusive that it would slow down any musical creative effort. I really am not motivated to work with this. Is there a quick option to get a 'legacy', sober, UI ?

Apart from that, if that release is otherwise like the previous interim, then it's great. But the colors...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-08-2016, 08:02 PM)jonetsu Wrote: Whoa. Do you think that these colors make any sense ? See attached. It is very confusing. There is no coherence. System is Linux 64-bits. Makes me want to go back to the previous interim release. This is so obtrusive that it would slow down any musical creative effort. I really am not motivated to work with this. Is there a quick option to get a 'legacy', sober, UI ?

Apart from that, if that release is otherwise like the previous interim, then it's great. But the colors...

Wow. I eems like something must be messed up!

Looks more like Candy Crush then Mixbus!!
(02-08-2016, 08:02 PM)jonetsu Wrote: Whoa. Do you think that these colors make any sense ? See attached. It is very confusing. There is no coherence. System is Linux 64-bits. Makes me want to go back to the previous interim release. This is so obtrusive that it would slow down any musical creative effort. I really am not motivated to work with this. Is there a quick option to get a 'legacy', sober, UI ?

Heres the answer:

(02-08-2016, 05:41 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote:
(02-08-2016, 05:30 PM)macmac Wrote: What happened to the GUI skin that was on the Mixbus 3.1 preview video? Can that be downloaded or is that a setting I have overlooked? I opened the new 3.1 and there are all sorts of button colors everywhere and I'm wondering if this is an error?

I think this indicates that you have changed your theme colors, and the new buttons were not included in your old theme. Please visit "Preferences->Theme" and click "Restore Defaults"
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Mixbus 32C 7.1.92

It comes if you have changed the my-dark folder before (eye doctor). You must delete it, uninstall 3.1 and install 3.1 again

The new default looks most like we wanted, so nice for me, even the led sizes I love nowSmile
Tassy
HI! I want to connect my Midi Controller but I am not sure what mode of DAW shall I use. Normally I have it in Logic mode, is it the same?