Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus 3.1-66 "Official Release"
if you don't shy away from using a Terminal, an easy way to disable translations (here on OSX) is

Code:
echo 0 > $HOME/Library/Preferences/Mixbus3/.translate

In other words: Write zero into the file ".translate" in the Mixbus preferences folder. FWIW, this works on Window and GNU/Linux as well (but the preferences are in different locations on those platforms)
@danam: email us at mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com
Mixbus freezes quite often when closing. It saves the project just fine prior to freezing.
I also still have problems with some plugin presets not being recalled properly (VMS-1, Millennia from plugin alliance). u-he's Diva 64bit is still not working for me, and this plugin has been reported as working. Strange!

Apart from this (and the crashing with BFD3 that I've reported), I have to say this is quite a fantastic release. I have no real problems now, and if I stay away from the problematic plugins that have been identified MB3.1 never crashes or messes up. Rock solid, really!
Thanks for the great work Harrison!
Thanks for the nice comments Overmann,

Within a few hours of reporting the issue, the BFD developers were nice enough to immediately test BFD in Mixbus, recognize the problem, and tell us what is wrong. They are fixing the issue in their plugin (so if other workstations have this problem, they won't crash) AND we are fixing it in Mixbus (so if other plugins have this problem, they won't crash )

I wish every plugin manufacturer had that level of responsiveness. Kudos to FXPansion for their fast support.

-Ben
Just a long-winded comment:
I love MB 3.1.
MB in general has taught me to mix better and faster. It just makes it easy, especially if you're trying to do something somewhat minimalist, rather than throwing every VST under the sun at it. I have thought there ought to be some sort of educational version.

I was a lead developer/manager for a Windows software product with several thousand customers for 18 years.
One of the most frustrating periods was right after shipping. You've done months of public betas, you've wrung out a ton of defects, tweaked some features, and have it stable.
Things look good.
Then, you do the official release.
And, you hear about a bunch of new issues no one in the beta ever brought up.
And you go home every night muttering, "Where were these users during beta?"

Taking the long view (something it would appear Harrison is doing with MB), this is fine.
The issues will get fixed, and the product will continue to improve.
But that doesn't make it less frustrating in the moment.

I don't know Ben or Mike or any of the other MB team members, but they have done a remarkable job both on the software and in keeping whatever similar feelings they may have from permeating these forums.

Thanks.
(02-13-2016, 08:59 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Thanks for the nice comments Overmann,

Within a few hours of reporting the issue, the BFD developers were nice enough to immediately test BFD in Mixbus, recognize the problem, and tell us what is wrong. They are fixing the issue in their plugin (so if other workstations have this problem, they won't crash) AND we are fixing it in Mixbus (so if other plugins have this problem, they won't crash )

I wish every plugin manufacturer had that level of responsiveness. Kudos to FXPansion for their fast support.

-Ben

Damn, I'm really happy to hear that! I'm glad I dropped ProTools for Mixbus. The responsiveness of Harrisons support and the close relationship to the userbase is really impressive. The fact that FXpansion seem to have the same mentality is very reassuring.
with 3.1, Mixbus is my most used DAW now. It's indeed a great release.
Mixbus32c, Mackie Onyx 1640, Neumann km1, WA 47 jr..MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, UA, etc., iPad2/4/Pro
My choice :
1 - Mixbus 3.1 + Waves Tracks Live 1.2 (I start with TL and export stems to Mixbus)
2- Protools 12.4 (PT to Mixbus)
3- Logic ProX(only for loops and instruments)

I have several computers, Mac and PC.

Greetings Harrison you improved Mixbus 3 a lot
nice daw
(02-13-2016, 06:25 PM)edrummer Wrote: My choice :
1 - Mixbus 3.1 + Waves Tracks Live 1.2 (I start with TL and export stems to Mixbus)
2- Protools 12.4 (PT to Mixbus)
3- Logic ProX(only for loops and instruments)

I have several computers, Mac and PC.

Greetings Harrison you improved Mixbus 3 a lot
nice daw

curious. Since both Waves Tracks Live and Mixbus use the ".ardour" session file format It should be possible to load a Waves/Tracks session directly into Mixbus.

Did you try that? It may fail (since the Mixbus settings are missing or the routing differs).. but may be worth a shot.
I don't get to see the Favorites plug-ins sidebar. Where I can find/open this sidebar?
The first few times, when I opened Mixbus, it was there but now it's gone ;-))

Ben Bouman