Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus 3.1-66 "Official Release"
@harmonica, the plugin favorites list is part of the "mixer list". First make sure the mixer list is showing, by clicking View->mixer list.

Secondly, the 3 sections "favorites", "track visibility" and "groups" are resizable. There's a grey bar that separates each of the sections. You might have to grab that bar and resize the sections to fit your needs.

-Ben
hi Ben

I can't grab any of the 3 sections/grey lines.
I've included a screenshot.

regards,
Ben

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Found it!!!!...
Hi, just a little thing, I notice that Mixbus 3.1 freeze when closing session when I make an export (audio file). If I just work on a session, Mixbus closes normally.
Windows 8.1 32bit, SawStudioLite/Mixbus4, Echo Layla 3G.
This release 3.1 version is a BAD beta. I am experiencing all kinds of problems. Just up front, two very annoying and serious ones:
1. In Windows 7, Mixbus 3.1 insists in scanning my plug-ins EVERY TIME i launch it. This is annoying and wastes time. You should have rid of the problems with third party plug-ins by now.
2. In Mac OS X, the GUi is so sluggish it makes it unuseable.

For a release so heralded, you definitely should have done a much better job. I hope to see a new release very soon, with these problems corrected.
Quote:1. In Windows 7, Mixbus 3.1 insists in scanning my plug-ins EVERY TIME i launch it. This is annoying and wastes time. You should have rid of the problems with third party plug-ins by now.

Have you uncheck the " Scan for "new" VST Plugins on Application start"
in Edit-> preference -> Plugins
Windows 8.1 32bit, SawStudioLite/Mixbus4, Echo Layla 3G.
(02-20-2016, 08:57 AM)Ivanoff Wrote:
Quote:1. In Windows 7, Mixbus 3.1 insists in scanning my plug-ins EVERY TIME i launch it. This is annoying and wastes time. You should have rid of the problems with third party plug-ins by now.

Have you uncheck the " Scan for "new" VST Plugins on Application start"
in Edit-> preference -> Plugins
Hi. No, i didn't uncheck anything, but I will check that - thanks. Anyway, I think any NEW plug-in should be checked, the problem is that Mixbus is checking the same plug-ins over and over. This is not an expected behaviour.

Besides, I am getting crashes all over the place. It seems we are back to the first days of v3.
@fmr: the way VST works, all of the information about the plugin (including version number, etc) isn't viewable until you "load" the DLL into your application. So "scan for new plugins on application start" currently scans all the VST DLL's it can find.

I'd suggest either (a) disable this feature or (b) install only a few good plugins so the scan goes really fast Smile

Best,
-Ben
(02-20-2016, 02:22 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @fmr: the way VST works, all of the information about the plugin (including version number, etc) isn't viewable until you "load" the DLL into your application. So "scan for new plugins on application start" currently scans all the VST DLL's it can find.

I'd suggest either (a) disable this feature or (b) install only a few good plugins so the scan goes really fast Smile

Best,
-Ben
VstPlugIns is a system folder. It doesn't work just for Mixbus, it works for all hosts - advising to delete the plug-ins is nonsense. Besides, all the hosts that scan the folder, build a database, so they have to scan it just once. The way you are doing things is simply the wrong way - noone else does it that way. So, it seems that I should simply point Mixbus to another VstPlugIns folder, like I do with some other bad behaving hosts. What's the point of supporting VstPlugIns if you don't support them well? And this feature is one of the most important ones in any DAW, IMO.
(02-19-2016, 12:44 PM)Ivanoff Wrote: Hi, just a little thing, I notice that Mixbus 3.1 freeze when closing session when I make an export (audio file). If I just work on a session, Mixbus closes normally.

This happens for me too, WIN 10 64bit MB3.1 64bit.
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

β€œIt did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest