Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus 3.1-66 "Official Release"
Quote:Colours look just as acid as jonetsu is describing. They also change quite a bit all the time

It was reported already a few times on the forum, the solution is :
Preferences -> Theme -> Restore Defaults
For what it's worth, in the time I've been using 3.1 to produce my 30 minute weekly radio segment, things seem solid. I'm on CentOS 7.2.1511 Linux 64-bit and things Just Work. I'm not experiencing any crashes as yet, nor have I seen the psychedelic colors..... System is Dell Precision M6500 laptop, Core i7-740QM, 20GB RAM.
"Bughlt: Sckmud
Shut her down Scotty, she's sucking mud again! "
-- Xenix System III 3.2, Tandy 6000, ca. 1987

Dell Precision 7740 Core i7-9750H 16GB RAM 256GB SSD 3x1TB SSD 1920x1080 plus 2x1920x1200 triple-screen
Mixbus 9.2.171, and 32C 9.2.171, Debian 11 x86_64 Linux
(02-25-2016, 05:24 PM)youki Wrote:
Quote:Colours look just as acid as jonetsu is describing. They also change quite a bit all the time

It was reported already a few times on the forum, the solution is :
Preferences -> Theme -> Restore Defaults
Thank you, worked!

Gesendet von meinem SM-A300FU mit Tapatalk
(02-24-2016, 11:11 PM)clintmartin Wrote: Is there a way I can login and get the 3.1 install again without bothering Harrison? I can't seem to remember to back that up.

I'll send you the installer whenever you need it.

$79 (free shipping) per recall.Big Grin
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

β€œIt did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
I just found a new and enticing way to make Mixbus 3.1 nonfunctional. 64 bit version on Windows 10.
I was installing a vst plugin and while I had the browser window open to add a new directory into the vst search path, I needed to go into Windows file manager to move the directory it was extracted into.
Going back into Mixbus, it's impossible to get the directory browser for choosing the new path into focus. Instead, I get a stack of Mixbus main window, preferences window and the small menu for adding and deleting vst search paths. These are nonfunctional as long as they are waiting for the window further down in the structure, the directory browser, to finish. And that selfsame directory browser is impossible to get to.
So I had to press ctrl-alt-del to stop and start Mixbus, an effort that sent Windows 10 to a screeching halt, resulting in a reboot.
(I'll be *so* happy to finally get rid of windows one day.)
(02-28-2016, 02:22 PM)haraldthi Wrote: I just found a new and enticing way to make Mixbus 3.1 nonfunctional.

lol

(02-28-2016, 02:22 PM)haraldthi Wrote: [...]
I get a stack of Mixbus main window, preferences window and the small menu for adding and deleting vst search paths. These are nonfunctional as long as they are waiting for the window further down in the structure, the directory browser, to finish. And that selfsame directory browser is impossible to get to.

That modal dialog is hiding behind some other windows. Moving some windows around should help to uncover it again, ...but yes, Dialog window stacking is indeed broken in this case Sad
(02-29-2016, 09:08 AM)x42 Wrote: That modal dialog is hiding behind some other windows. Moving some windows around should help to uncover it again, ...but yes, Dialog window stacking is indeed broken in this case Sad

Thanks for looking into it.
I tried to move windows around, but they wouldn't move.
But of course, the windows system wasn't entirely up to the task either, so it may be the reason.