Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus 3.0-2872 "Interim Release"
"Interim Releases" are Mixbus packages that allow users to view the current state of Mixbus development between official releases. Interim releases are best-suited to technical users who are comfortable installing and managing multiple versions of software on their machines.

You can determine which version of Mixbus you are using by visiting the "About" page. If the version says 3.0-2872 then you are already using this release.

You should only download an "interim release" if it fixes an important bug for you. Interim releases allow us to fix specific issues for our users, or beta-test new features. They are not as thoroughly tested as official releases, so you may find that an interim release is not as stable as the official releases. They might even cause damage to your session files (although we test to avoid this), so please make a backup of any important sessions before opening them in an interim release.

Currently, we are providing these packages to our registered forum members. Mixbus v3 is still a very new product and we want to provide fast and free access to updates without the delays associated with an official release schedule. In the future, we expect Interim Releases to become an exclusive benefit of our "Plugged-In Membership" NOTE: official updates such as v3.1 will remain free to all users.

Please do not post these links outside our forum, because the links are not permanent, and they do not represent a finished state.

If you have questions or comments, please reach us at: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

Mac 64bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...x86_64.dmg

Mac 32bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...2-i386.dmg

Windows 64bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...-Setup.exe
NOTE 1: If the installer shows an error when installing a font file, just click "Ignore".

Windows 32bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/mb3/beta/mixbus-3.0.2871-w32-Setup.exe
NOTE 1: If the installer shows an error when installing a font file, just click "Ignore".

Linux 64 bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...0.2872.tar
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...2-gcc5.tar (for gcc5 distros)

Linux 32 bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...0.2872.tar
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...2-gcc5.tar (for gcc5 distros)

Interim build 2872 includes over 2,000 changes since the initial 3.0 release. A selection of notable changes since the last interim 2257 is listed below:

New features:
Enable remote-control surfaces:
  • Generic Midi Control: MIDI Learn ( assign MIDI controllers directly to on-screen knobs )
  • Generic Midi Control: MIDI Profiles ( pre-configured settings for popular MIDI controllers )
  • Mackie protocols ( for motorized fader-controllers using the Mackie Control protocol )
  • Presonus Faderport ( dedicated support for this popular device )
  • OSC ( remote control over ethernet, see TouchOSC - http://hexler.net/software/touchosc )
"Duplicate" track - creates a copy of an existing track:
The copy includes all channelstrip settings, plugins, I/O connections, etc
Optionally copy the playlist of the source track, or even share the same playlist as the source.
New filters on the plugin manager help you see only the types of plugins you want to see.

General improvements:
When a new plugin is added, immediately show the plugin's GUI ( you can disable this in Preferences->Plugins )
Allow renaming of the top-level session folder:
  • In the past, the top-level session folder name had special significance; it defined the name of the primary snapshot and the enclosed “interchange” folder with audio and MIDI files. This is no longer the case.
  • Double-clicking a recent session will now open the last-used snapshot
  • This solves a problem where renaming the toplevel folder would report that audio and midi files are missing.
Allow hiding/showing the mixer-list.
Improved responsiveness of some Harrison plugin GUIs.
Allow user to overwrite existing template sessions. ( prompt before overwriting )
Various speedups and improvements to waveform drawing.
Dramatically speed-up session shutdown when the session has lots of regions.
Provide user-control over preroll amount. ( see Preferences->Transport )
Double-clicking the channelstrip compressor threshold should now default to 0, not +1dB.
Updated French, Russian & German translations.
Save & recall "insert" latency setting.
Mixbus assign buttons are slightly brighter. ( more improvements coming here in the future )
Improved the layout of some Preferences panels, including MIDI, Control Surfaces, and Plugins panels.
Fixed seamless looping of audio and MIDI.
...plus hundreds of small bug-fixes and user-suggested improvements

OSX:
AU factory presets were not appearing in the preset menu; this has been fixed.
Prevent some AudioUnit UIs (Addictive Drums) from monopolizing the CPU
Fix some plugins ( like newest Waves ) on latest Mac versions.
Allow users to directly open sessions by double-clicking in the Finder.

Windows:
Improved performance of ASIO audio I/O ( use a callback instead of blocking I/O )
Provide ASIO buffer size selection when the interface supports it
Fix automatic latency compensation for ASIO I/O, if the device reports it.
Fix issues when importing many files.
Updated multi-core support for 64bit Windows. A few users had to select “one processor” to avoid glitches, even though they had multiple cores available. This might allow some users to utilize multi-core DSP processing.
Fix occasional crash at shutdown.

Linux:
New option to configure period size (improve performance of USB devices)
Allow latency-calibration without restarting the backend (ALSA) … this helps with USB devices whose latency changes with each start/stop.
Thank you so much Harrison. Sound Toys is not fixed yet other than that lovely update
THX for the MCU !

Ray!Heart
Cool
Looking froward to installing this one.
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

“It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
I think there is something wrong with the Windows 64bit installer on Windows 10. I click on it and I just get the spinning circle "hourglass". I've tried 3 separate times, rebooting fresh each time. I've installed all other interim's without issue so I don't think it's me.

(12-11-2015, 06:51 PM)superjkt Wrote: I think there is something wrong with the Windows 64bit installer on Windows 10. I click on it and I just get the spinning circle "hourglass". I've tried 3 separate times, rebooting fresh each time. I've installed all other interim's without issue so I don't think it's me.

Update : I had to disable my Avast Virus protection on this update and it works. Strange I did not have to do this on the others.
The Tischmeyer TT-DR-Meter 1.42a (final) loads fine, but crashes Mixbus 3 to desktop in this and the previous interim release, 32bit version, Windows 8.1 (64bit) the moment when the plugins GUI is opened by the user. This is reproducable.
Details from Windows, sorry, german version, but you should get the information:
Problemsignatur:
Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
Anwendungsname: mixbus.exe
Anwendungsversion: 0.0.0.0
Anwendungszeitstempel: 566ae511
Fehlermodulname: ardour-3.dll
Fehlermodulversion: 0.0.0.0
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 566ae504
Ausnahmecode: c0000005
Ausnahmeoffset: 00418da4
Betriebsystemversion: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: 5861
Zusatzinformation 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
Zusatzinformation 3: 84a0
Zusatzinformation 4: 84a09ea102a12ee665c500221db8c9d6

best regards,
Martin

Installing this interim release fails opening the file Mixbus3\share\ardour3\ArdourMono.ttf for writing on both Windows versions. The file is marked as used by the OS, so can not be overwritten.
This results in no functional problem when ignored/skipped, because the file has to be installed by a previous version of mixbus 3 and is not likely to ever change.
This is caused due to Windows always marking all font files to be in use by the system. (standard behaviour)
Therefore the font can't be deinstalled by the uninstall process nor overwritten in the update.
Just as a remark for the install program in future versions....

Best regards and thanks for the efforts,
Martin
(12-12-2015, 03:42 AM)smallbutfine Wrote: Installing this interim release fails opening the file Mixbus3\share\ardour3\ArdourMono.ttf for writing on both Windows versions. The file is marked as used by the OS, so can not be overwritten.

See the installation note for windows: Either ignore this, or reboot windows before installing.

The cause: If Mixbus crashes, the file is not released from the windows font-cache (only clean exit does this). There's nothing we can do, except trying harder to prevent Mixbus from crashing..
(12-12-2015, 04:47 AM)x42 Wrote:
(12-12-2015, 03:42 AM)smallbutfine Wrote: Installing this interim release fails opening the file Mixbus3\share\ardour3\ArdourMono.ttf for writing on both Windows versions. The file is marked as used by the OS, so can not be overwritten.

See the installation note for windows: Either ignore this, or reboot windows before installing.

The cause: If Mixbus crashes, the file is not released from the windows font-cache (only clean exit does this). There's nothing we can do, except trying harder to prevent Mixbus from crashing..

Thanks for the fast reply!
I was aware of this phenomenon from other software...
The (cosmetical) problem can be circumvented by the installer by skipping only this file automatically by an error handler or by testing it's existance prior to the opening for writing.
Just sayin'...might reduce support requests for future.

You are doing great work! Thanks for releasing control surface support!
Best regards,
Martin
Thanks for update!Duplice is great feature for DAWs! But can't see Waves plugins.
What does this mean?

"Save & recall "insert" latency setting."