Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus 3.0-2872 "Interim Release"
very good update, thanks so much for the control surface support.

The MCU behaves different in the latest Interim Release than in Mixbus 2.5. What exactly did you change in the MCU protocol in Mixbus 3?
Mixbus32c, Mackie Onyx 1640, Neumann km1, WA 47 jr..MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, UA, etc., iPad2/4/Pro
(12-12-2015, 12:01 PM)x42 Wrote:
(12-12-2015, 11:46 AM)Mixmaker Wrote: And yet, it would be very cool tracks move relative to each other directly in the playlist window Edit simply pull the track up or down …

Like with Ctrl + up/down arrow? (OSX: probably Cmd + up/down).

Thank you, friend ... working ... Smile
Thanks for the update. Things are improving all the time. Regarding the FaderPort support, the motorized fader does not appear to work properly. It appears to sync with the first track I select but when I select another track it doesn't react anymore. If I move the fader on the track the fader on the faderport does not change and vice versa.

Win7 x64

Thanks.
d.
"Come down off the cross, we can use the wood." - Tom Waits
@dayvg, uh oh, it worked for me last time I tried it. I'll put it on our list to check this week.

Best,
-Ben
My Windows 32 (and 64, if I remember correctly) doesn't show the manual under, "Help." It has "About" and under it has "Mixbus 3.0.2845 (built from revision 3.0-2845-gf49ed92) Intel 32-bit." Below that is some info about "License". Then, "http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/" (that's where I'm at), then my name, and then four tabs: Credits, License, Config, and Close.

Was the manual left-out forever, or was the manual put elsewhere? I searched the Properties and the Preferences, but no luck.

By the way, thanks to all the names under, "Credits." Mixbus 3 is obviously a major effort.
Just a shout for the update,

dont notice much but I do like the way it keeps my session intact with not even a knob or a slider change and all plugins on there tracks .......super
@novaburst: Oops, that was a mistake. We'll upload a fix for "manual links in the Help menu" tomorrow.

Thanks for pointing that out!

-Ben
And probably a noob question. But what do I need to do to get my fader port working? I selected it in the control surfaces panel in the preference pane. Even tried some different midi connections in the midi preferences. It doesn't ever seem to do anything. It works just fine in pro tools.

Wait. Is there a separate mode I need to change the fader port to? Seems like I had to set it up for pro tools mode. Do I need to change it back? Or maybe set it up as a HUI controller? Just now thought of that.

Fwiw this was with both OS X 10.10.5 and Windows 10.
On Win 64 MB3 64 if I close a project that contains Izotope 7 plugins. It never closes properly.
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

“It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
OK, issue with new release.
Windows 10 64 bit but running 32bit MB3.
Works OK except the plugin area is operating strangely.
First off, many of the plugin path and scan windows have "Linux" in their name. Upon first run the plugin path was a long string of file locations all containing the word "Linux"
Have changed the plugin path to point to my VST folder but the plugin scan only finds plugins from Harrison and, of all things, waves, which are located somewhere else entirely. It does not find any of the other plugins at all, which worked fine in previous version. And, no, the waves plugins still crash MB3 if you try to load them, but at least they appear in the list, which is something I guess.
Nothing I put in the plugin scan path seems to make any difference - removing all entries from the path makes no difference either, so I assume it is being ignored.
In addition, the log lists failures regarding the loading of some files, some with "Linux" in their name.
Otherwise, there is a sense of solidity about this release which is the first I have felt since MB3 appeared, so keep up the good work peoples - I am almost ready to move over from MB2.5.