Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus 3.0-2257 "Interim Release"
"Interim Releases" are Mixbus packages that allow users to view the current state of Mixbus development between official releases. Interim releases are best-suited to technical users who are comfortable installing and managing multiple versions of software on their machines.

You can determine which version of Mixbus you are using by visiting the "About" page. If the version says 3.0-2257 then you are already using this release.

You should only download an "interim release" if it fixes an important bug for you. Interim releases allow us to fix specific issues for our users, or beta-test new features. They are not as thoroughly tested as official releases, so you may find that an interim release is not as stable as the official releases. They might even cause damage to your session files (although we test to avoid this), so please make a backup of any important sessions before opening them in an interim release.

Currently, we are providing these packages to our registered forum members. Mixbus v3 is still a very new product and we want to provide fast and free access to updates without the delays associated with an official release schedule.

In the future, we expect Interim Releases to become an exclusive benefit of our "Plugged-In Membership"
NOTE: official updates such as v3.1 will remain free to all users.

Please do not post these links outside our forum, because the links are not permanent, and they do not represent a finished state.

If you have questions or comments, please reach us at: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

Mac 64bit: ( updated to 2279 )
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...x86_64.dmg

Mac 32bit: ( updated to 2279 )
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...9-i386.dmg

Windows 64bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...-Setup.exe
NOTE 1: If the installer shows an error when installing a font file, just click "Ignore".

Windows 32bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...-Setup.exe
NOTE 1: If the installer shows an error when installing a font file, just click "Ignore".

Linux 64 bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...0.2257.tar

Linux 32 bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...0.2257.tar

Interim build 2257 includes over 1,400 changes since the initial 3.0 release. A selection of notable changes is listed below:

Windows-specific fixes:
Fixed session loading for VST plugins that store lots of settings data (such as Bliss sampler)
When scanning VST plugins, make a note in the log if the DLL is 32bit or 64bit (this helps with troubleshooting)

General fixes:
Fix audible "glitches" when automating the channelstrip pan knob
Fix plugin latency calculation so it works when locating or looping; not just with an explicit stop/play
Fix "playhead-to-next-transient" ( i.e. Tab-to-Transient ) feature. This feature wasn't working.
Fix "select all {before,after} edit point". This feature wasn't working.
Various "solo" fixes ( grouped solos, mixbus solos, stuck solos, "Clear Solos", etc )
Various locale (non-English language) fixes
Fix looped audio recording (make sure to capture all of the region from the last-completed loop)
Enlarge the channelstrip indicator lights with small mixer-strip scale (makes indicators more visible on small monitors)
Backup sessions are saved with the ".ardour" extension so they are recognized as snapshots without being renamed
Various improvements to the Audio Engine dialog, and more meaningful error reports when the audio engine fails to start
Louder 'click' (metronome) sound
Disable "Strip Silence" and "Rhythm Ferret" for midi regions.
Fix problem when importing tracks called "Click" or "Monitor" which conflicted with the internal Click & Monitor channels.
On a new session, only show mixbuses 1-4. (problem introduced in #1970)
Fix a crash when reordering tracks using the Ctrl+arrow method. (problem introduced in #1970)
Sort ports in the XML file. This allows version-tracking software to manage versions more cleanly (e.g. session file in git).
Hiding and showing tracks could result in the wrong group "tab" displays. This has been fixed.
Track creation could fail if you previously made a new track and then immediately deleted it. This has been fixed.

… and 300 minor issues
This release is crashing sessions created on 16010. Same sessions open fine on 1970.
I sent my crash report to you guys via e-mail.
Working fine after closing and reopening one time. The initial screen after the install lacked all the top menus (track, window, edit, etc). But after I closed and reopened, the normal Mixbus menu bar at the top re-appeared. They are back to normal now every time I open or start a new or returning project.

Izotope mix plugins are showing up (Alloy2 Trash Nectar) but Ozone 4&5 is still a no-show in the plugins.. FYI I am using Win8.1.

[EDIT: Ozone 6 Advance is showing up now. I just got it; so I do not know if it is just now showing in this 2257 Interim release or if it has been showing up for other releases. But I am now a happy camper; Mixbus 3 is working great right now. Hurray!
Big giant indicator lights.
Thank you for all the good work.
Thanks for your consistent huge job you do on V3
Tassy
Really appreciate the indicator lights, especially on the channel strip bus sends. Never noticed before that their colour matched the colour of the corresponding busses as well.
It's really cool to see the progress during the interim releases, but I'm longing for using my control surface. Is it still at the ToDo list for 3.1? :-)
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
Jostein,

The control-surface code is nearing completion. We are holding 3.1 until it is working, yes. Not long now, I hope.
(10-14-2015, 07:33 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: ...
The control-surface code is nearing completion. We are holding 3.1 until it is working, yes. Not long now, I hope.

Thank you very much! :-)
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox