Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus 3.0-2257 "Interim Release"
Sad 
Hi

Plugin latency calculation is not working.
Test: Two tracks, each with a metronome (click).
First track without plugins.
Second track with various plugins: Altiverb 7 Slate Digital VTM ...
Now use your ears. Huh
Hello!
Thank you for the Interim releases! I have skipped few. Now, do I have to make the workaround with VST's on Windows as you mentioned few versions earlier (if I skipped the interim which required this)?

(Opening new project, clear VST cache, re-scan plugins...)

Thanx
Nice work! Better and better! Using on Ubuntu 14.10 and 15.04 and without problems!
Smile
Many Thanks!
Mixbus 2.5+3.x+4.x / Mixbus32c 3.x+4.x / Ubuntu 17.10 Linux & Windows 7 & macOS 10.13 High Sierra / i7@4Ghz 16G RAM / RME Digi 9652 & RME HDSPe RayDAT / Icon QCon Pro + QCon Ex / Mackie 32*8
(10-16-2015, 04:08 AM)stepaan Wrote: Hello!
Thank you for the Interim releases! I have skipped few. Now, do I have to make the workaround with VST's on Windows as you mentioned few versions earlier (if I skipped the interim which required this)?

(Opening new project, clear VST cache, re-scan plugins...)

Thanx

No, this not required anymore. You'll still have to re-scan in that case, though.

<details>
If a plugin cannot be be found, since version 3.0.1970 Mixbus replaces it with a stub but keeps all parameters and automations (until the plugin shows up again).
The problem was: Earlier versions lost settings of plugins that were not found and the VST plugin-index (cache) format changed (v1508 IIRC) so initially there were no plugins (until re/scan).
</details>

Still, one cannot say it often enough: make backups (Murphy's corollary: if you have backups you don't need them)
The 'new insert' turns to gray in 1970,and still in 2257.Am I the only one ?
(10-16-2015, 09:52 AM)explosicum Wrote: The 'new insert' turns to gray in 1970,and still in 2257.Am I the only one ?

If you have problem its nice to know what PC you have windows what.....64bit / 32bit those things help others to understand what to do or ..........
(10-16-2015, 09:52 AM)explosicum Wrote: The 'new insert' turns to gray in 1970,and still in 2257.Am I the only one ?

Did you stop and re-start the audio-system?

ie. it's fine the first time, but the menu entries become insensitive when stopping the audio-system and after that never become active again.
If so, that a know issue and was already fixed but shortly after 2257.
(10-16-2015, 11:17 AM)novaburst Wrote:

If you have problem its nice to know what PC you have windows what.....64bit / 32bit those things help others to understand what to do or ..........

Win 7 ,64bit, thanks !

===========

And thanks for x42's reply too.The first time I opened 2257, it was gray.

Looking forward the next release.
Still getting the occasional odd crash. Mostly on Save/Exit but only about 1 out of 20 times.
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

β€œIt did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
Hi,
I just bought Mixbus v3 and installed 2257 on my W7-x64 production DAW (i7-16GB-SSDs). RME AiO inside, owner/user of full Cubase 7,5, no problems on this machine at all, very low CPU usage under Cubase.
My current issues with 2257:
- import 64 wav tracks (batch export from Cubase project 44,1/32bit) to try mix: when selected all tracks (Ctrl+A) -> Import -> copy to session -> MB3 crashes after 3-4 tracks. I tried it several times. Single track import: no problem, I was able to import all 64 tracks one by one...
- DSP indicator in Ardour: High peaks >90% without any external plugins or without any audio running. Playback is stopped, DSP flies from 15% to 95% peak. I only imported wav tracks to new session, no other addons/plugins. Much lower when I switched to "all available processors", but high peaks are still there. (no problems found by dpclat or other tools, it's a working production DAW, buffer changes cannot fix it in standard values for RME cards)

I don't want to switch to other OS at this moment due to all my VST plugins (UAD, Waves...) and current projects. I read some notes about DSP and xruns issues here in the forum. Is this DSP only Win x64 problem?

Update: UAD plugins are displayed without m or s note (as I can see in Cubase), the same name is for both mono and stereo versions. When I select mono plugin in Cubase on stereo channel, it works - in one channel. When I selected mono UAD plugin in MB3 on stereo track (1st is mono, 2nd stereo, I know it now) the result is MB3 crash. Tested several times.