Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixbus 3.0-2257 "Interim Release"
This release crashing all the way, i´ve not been able to open it at all Huh

I´ve downgraded now and the previous version/1970 work fine again.
@Greatlife: please write our support email at: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

We need to know what OS you are using (including the version number) and whether you are using 32bit or 64bit.

Best,
-Ben
Hi,

Until now I'm using the 1970 interim release, and I experienced that MB is messing with the pips in the insert region upon inserting certain plugins.
I thought I got rid of this trouble after a saw it dissapearing in this interim release when I was using plugins that had this problem. Now I found new ones that cause MB to get loose on routing still.
What happens is that MB splits a mono signal into dual mono, and one of 2 channels is unaudible. I can see by the way the pips are shown above the plugin, that it must do exactly that. If I place Stillwell CMX before it, it still converts to dual mono (I bypass CMX), but both L and R channels are audible as they're supposed to. If i use the problematic plugin on a stereotrack, there's no trouble. I suppose MB has got trouble finding out wheter a certain plugin is mono or stereo?

Does this problem still exist in version 2257?
Thanks for the response.

Win 8.1
(10-21-2015, 09:14 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @Greatlife: please write our support email at: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

We need to know what OS you are using (including the version number) and whether you are using 32bit or 64bit.

Best,
-Ben

Yosemite 10.10.5
MacBookPro i7/16Gb/512Gb
64Bit
The version 2279 fixed the problem, it starts up as it should now Wink Thanks
I'll try 2279 too tonight...
Maybe it gets fixed.
Benny
Hi,

I pm'ed Ben Loftis about the Windows Vst mono/stereo issue I described in a few replies earlier today.
He replied that Harrison is working on a solution to get the routing managable individually per plugin, by the ability of manipulating the "pips" between inserts if MB fails to see a seperate mono version of a plugin, or makes one of 2 channels dissapear audio wise.
That would mean routing could become very configurable in a future (interim ?)release!

Its great to know Harrison's developers are carefully monitoring people's needs, and care a lot about quality.

Benny
I've noticed that 3.0-2279 seems very peppy and snappier overall …
Also noticed with each passing interim release my CPU and DSP is getting lower and lower ….
That is nice since I'm running a couple of older spec Macs ….
On the Windows side of things , yeah 2257 is screaming along even better since my PC has much better specs than my old Macs .
either way I'm happy

thank you Harrison

Kenny
(10-25-2015, 11:12 PM)kennywtelejazz Wrote: I've noticed that 3.0-2279 seems very peppy and snappier overall …
Also noticed with each passing interim release my CPU and DSP is getting lower and lower ….
That is nice since I'm running a couple of older spec Macs ….
On the Windows side of things , yeah 2257 is screaming along even better since my PC has much better specs than my old Macs .
either way I'm happy

thank you Harrison

Kenny

I've find it's the same here, gets snappier after every I.release.
Yesterday, on a busy project, my CPU ran out of juice a couple of times... (low spec every day use laptop)
MB only popped up a small window to annaunce the CPU was struggling.
After stopping the transportbar and hitting play again, emmediate response... I didn't search for the most optimal CPU settings in the preferences menu yet, only samplerate and latency of the soundcard.
It's usability is really in a contrast compared to the very first release version, I am really enjoying using it as my only DAW now.
Piece by piece it's getting one fine piece of equipment!
Where is DSP going when CPU falls overboard?
In my experience DSP goes to sky long before CPU is beginning to seem getting tired. (win7)