Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixbus 3.0-1508 "Interim Release"
"Interim Releases" are Mixbus packages that allow users to view the current state of Mixbus development between official releases. Interim releases are best-suited to technical users who are comfortable installing and managing multiple versions of software on their machines.

You can determine which version of Mixbus you are using by visiting the "About" page. If the version says 3.0-1508 then you are already using this release.

You should only download an "interim release" if it fixes an important bug for you. Interim releases allow us to fix specific issues for our users, or beta-test new features. They are not as thoroughly tested as official releases, so you may find that an interim release is not as stable as the official releases. They might even cause damage to your session files (although we test to avoid this), so please make a backup of any important sessions before opening them in an interim release.

Currently, we are providing these packages to our registered forum members. Mixbus v3 is still a very new product and we want to provide fast and free access to updates without the delays associated with an official release schedule.

In the future, we expect Interim Releases to become an exclusive benefit of our "Plugged-In Membership"
NOTE: official updates such as v3.1 will remain free to all users.

Please do not post these links outside our forum, because the links are not permanent, and they do not represent a finished state.

If you have questions or comments, please reach us at: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

This package solves several major issues on Mac and Windows (listed below).

Mac 64bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...x86_64.dmg

Mac 32bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...8-i386.dmg

Windows 64bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...-Setup.exe
NOTE 1: If the installer shows an error when installing a font file, just click "Ignore".
NOTE 2: If you are using an ASIO device, please select the setup:
Audio System: PortAudio (default)
Driver: ASIO
Input&Output Device: {your device}

Windows 32bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...-Setup.exe
NOTE 1: If the installer shows an error when installing a font file, just click "Ignore".
NOTE 2: If you are using an ASIO device, please select the setup:
Audio System: PortAudio (default)
Driver: ASIO
Input&Output Device: {your device}

Linux 64 bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...0.1508.tar

Linux 32 bit:
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...0.1508.tar

Interim build 1508 includes 700+ changes since the initial 3.0 release. A selection of notable changes is listed below:

Windows-specific fixes:
Fixed various issues with non-latin names on Windows
Greatly improved Audio/Midi setup dialog
Greatly improved support for some ASIO devices ( less finicky when choosing sample rates )
New PortAudio backend can use MME and WASAPI devices directly ( removes the need for ASIO4ALL )
More fixes for VST scanning, with complete separation of 64/32bit cache and blacklists
Fix audio buffering for VST plugins (fixes lack of output or phased output from a variety of VST plugins)
Take advantage of SSE and AVX processor extensions ( decreases DSP load, allows more tracks and plugins )
Fixed file metadata tagging on Windows

Mac-specific fixes:
Fixed crash in Native instruments virtual instruments ( Kontakt and Reaktor )
Ensure that copied AU plugins retain settings of the original

Locale & language fixes:
Improved support for non-English accented characters
I thanked for it in the ....1508 issues thread

Now the basic things seem working even on my laptop, most VST ok, ASIO ok, DSP ok. It plays! No freeze so far.
And I always ask for bigger leds in order to SEE them.
ASIO is still a little sketchy, but with these improvements...TOTALLY useable! Also love the spacebar always handling transport (I work with dual monitors and always have the mixer window open...used to do some funny stuff). THANK YOU!!!!
Previous version was better for me. I tried to load a 20 tracks session but mb3 freezes when importing the 3rd track. I have to force quit it. In another session there was like a low level noise that makes the meters moving on every single channel even if the playback was stopped.

Another thing. I'm on windows 8.1 and I don't have the plugin tab in the preference menu. Is this normal?
Could it be that the solofunktion of the subgroups gives up after some time? i just was away from the laptop for an hour and exactly that happened, when i started the session again, everything was ok. Strange.
(08-14-2015, 12:47 PM)indelible Wrote: Previous version was better for me. I tried to load a 20 tracks session but mb3 freezes when importing the 3rd track. I have to force quit it. In another session there was like a low level noise that makes the meters moving on every single channel even if the playback was stopped.

Make sure to use:
Audio System: PortAudio ( not ASIO )
Driver: ASIO or MME or WASAPI

Regarding the noise, the most likely issue is that the channel inputs have a little noise on them, and when you "stop" the transport, it monitors all the inputs into your mix.

Alternatively, if it's a blast of white noise every 2 minutes or so, you might need to install your license file (see below)

Quote:Another thing. I'm on windows 8.1 and I don't have the plugin tab in the preference menu. Is this normal?

This indicates that Mixbus is unlicensed; look in your installation email for the license link and directions to install it.
(08-14-2015, 04:50 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote:
(08-14-2015, 12:47 PM)indelible Wrote: Previous version was better for me. I tried to load a 20 tracks session but mb3 freezes when importing the 3rd track. I have to force quit it. In another session there was like a low level noise that makes the meters moving on every single channel even if the playback was stopped.

Make sure to use:
Audio System: PortAudio ( not ASIO )
Driver: ASIO or MME or WASAPI

Regarding the noise, the most likely issue is that the channel inputs have a little noise on them, and when you "stop" the transport, it monitors all the inputs into your mix.

Alternatively, if it's a blast of white noise every 2 minutes or so, you might need to install your license file (see below)

Quote:Another thing. I'm on windows 8.1 and I don't have the plugin tab in the preference menu. Is this normal?

This indicates that Mixbus is unlicensed; look in your installation email for the license link and directions to install it.

Ok. I'm still with mb 2.5. I want to be sure that it will works with my system.
(08-14-2015, 04:50 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Alternatively, if it's a blast of white noise every 2 minutes or so, you might need to install your license file (see below)

The license file is correctly installed, the license worked, but the noise at times as a demo in this release

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

mac pro nehalem 8-core, 256GB SSD boot, 32GB RAM. 1508 crashes upon selecting New Session. in fact, everything since 3.0 has. totally puzzled. 2.5 still opens.
(08-15-2015, 05:10 PM)Yriisem Wrote:
(08-14-2015, 04:50 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Alternatively, if it's a blast of white noise every 2 minutes or so, you might need to install your license file (see below)

The license file is correctly installed, the license worked, but the noise at times as a demo in this release

I had the same problem on version 2.5. Somehow, i deleted the license file and installed everything again and it worked.