Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixbus 3.0-1508 "Interim Release"
Not a big deal, but the Mixbus icon (for the short cut) isn't showing up right. I just see a white windows icon with no Mixbus 3 pic. This is since installing 1508.
Still no luck. I tried everything. Port audio + Asio4all, port audio + MME, port audio + Wasapi but nothing. After importing some wav files from mb3 there is a feedback noise which never goes away even if restart the daw or after changing the audio settings. In the support forum I started a thread about the same problem. I solved the feedback noise by installing asio4all 2.10 but I was using the previous interim release. With the new version the problems are back.
(08-15-2015, 03:58 AM)indelible Wrote: Ok. I'm still with mb 2.5. I want to be sure that it will works with my system.

(08-16-2015, 01:11 AM)indelible Wrote: Still no luck. After importing some wav files from mb3......

Does this mean you're trying use the update on MB 2.5? Huh
W7 home Premiumx64,,,, AVlinux.
I started out with nothing & still have most of it left! (Seasick Steve)Big Grin

In buses after a time cease to work correctly the button solo.
all buses are allocated. After you restart the project, everything works good but not long Smile Windows 7x64 sp1

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-16-2015, 01:44 AM)jiff 41 Wrote:
(08-15-2015, 03:58 AM)indelible Wrote: Ok. I'm still with mb 2.5. I want to be sure that it will works with my system.

(08-16-2015, 01:11 AM)indelible Wrote: Still no luck. After importing some wav files from mb3......

Does this mean you're trying use the update on MB 2.5? Huh

As a registered member I want to try mb3 with the interim releases before upgrading. I got a new notebook with windows 8.1 and there isn't a 2.5 installation on it.
(08-16-2015, 06:16 AM)Yriisem Wrote: In buses after a time cease to work correctly the button solo.
all buses are allocated. After you restart the project, everything works good but not long Smile Windows 7x64 sp1

The green outline indicates "implicit solo" eg. a track or bus upstream is soloed, and if the Mixbus in question would not be soloed as well there'd be silence.

Track A -> Bus B -> speakers ;; soloing "A" implies solo "B"

There are some reports where there this implicit solo can currently become stuck, but there is no recipe to reproduce it reliably. It seems to be related to changing connections while soloing is enabled and is workflow related (order of doing things matters).
So after un-installing and re-installing trying to get the freaking icon to show up right...I can now get neither interim releases to boot up at all. I've tried both...nothing. I'm thinking at this point it may be best to wait for 3.1 and then try again.
(08-16-2015, 06:36 PM)clintmartin Wrote: So after un-installing and re-installing trying to get the freaking icon to show up right...I can now get neither interim releases to boot up at all. I've tried both...nothing. I'm thinking at this point it may be best to wait for 3.1 and then try again.

Nobody else had this issue (not yet anyway) so there is little chance that 3.1 will be different.

The icon is taken from the application itself (mixbus.exe, usually in C:\Program Files\Mixbus3\bin\mixbus.exe or C:\Program Files (x86)\Mixbus3\bin\mixbus.exe).

Can you see the icon on the application itself?

Maybe it's simply that the start-menu entry points to some wrong location. Do you have 32 and 64 bit versions installed or switched 32/64bit versions?

I don't see how re-installing Mixbus could solve anything. However, deleting the Mixbus user-preferences for your user may make a difference (or simply try running Mixbus as different user). Maybe the config/preference files became corrupt due to a crash.

Mixbus itself stores everything inside its application folder (usually C:\Program Files\Mixbus3\). That part will be identical every time you re-install it.

There are two things outside: A Registry Entry for the uninstaller (current install dir), and your user's preferences in %localappdata%\Mixbus3\ (You can type %localappdata% in the Explorer location bar and it'll go to C:\users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\ where you'll find a Mixbus3 folder).

Anyway, in classical window style, I suggest to reboot (just to be sure), then uninstall Mixbus, also make sure the start-menu entries are gone(!),
re-download the installer again (just to be sure), delete the preference dir and then re-install.

hope that helps.

PS. some shots in the dark: it could be a permissions problem: the user who want to run Mixbus has no permissions to read or run mixbus3.exe. That would explain why you can't see the icon and not run Mixbus. An other possibility is that some antivirus software gets in the way and prevents complete installation of Mixbus.
However, in either case I'd expect there to be some popup warnings.
I'll try again tomorrow and see if I can make some headway...Clearing things out completely and afresh re-start seems like a good place to start. I did use the windows uninstall and cleared the start menu and C:/programs folder (64bit). I'll look at your suggestions and try those too. Thanks X42.

I've got the icon back and it will boot up now, but the dsp is at 150.0 + and my cpu is at 75%. It will also not shut down. I have to open task manager to kill it.
I did look in %localappdata% and basically deleted all of the old stuff.
I don't think this is a Mixbus 3 1508 problem. I believe I have caused this somehow, but I'm not sure where to go from here. Contact support I guess.