Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus 6.2.70 crashes when loading any included plugins
Over on the AVA forum someone's just reported that the bug has apparently been found!!
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(01-04-2021, 10:03 AM)johne53 Wrote: Over on the AVA forum someone's just reported that the bug has apparently been found!!

Dont know if they share something in common but we´re having issues with XT and ACE plugins, not AVA.
I guess the fact that so many of their plugins are affected suggests a common cause (hopefully !)
(01-04-2021, 02:05 PM)johne53 Wrote: I guess the fact that so many of their plugins are affected suggests a common cause (hopefully !)

Guess I'll hold off on buying anything just yet.
Yeah hold on there... I don't want to put any words in their mouths... they told me a fix for the problems I was reporting was forthcoming and my specific problems were only with AVA plugins. XT plugins work just fine on my system.

So, could it fix ALL of the problems reported in this thread? Sure, it's possible but again, I ONLY inquired about AVA in my bug report and the wording led me to believe that the fix was in the AVA plugins, not in Mixbus.

So hold the phone... wait for the fix and then we'll take it from there.
i5-8400 - 16GB - Big SSD & HD - Win10 Pro - Mixbus - Studio One
UAD Apollo Quad Firewire - Quad FW satellite - PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8 - Console 1
Lots of guitars - I build all my own tube amps

(01-04-2021, 06:08 PM)MakerDP Wrote: Yeah hold on there... I don't want to put any words in their mouths... they told me a fix for the problems I was reporting was forthcoming and my specific problems were only with AVA plugins. XT plugins work just fine on my system.

So, could it fix ALL of the problems reported in this thread? Sure, it's possible but again, I ONLY inquired about AVA in my bug report and the wording led me to believe that the fix was in the AVA plugins, not in Mixbus.

So hold the phone... wait for the fix and then we'll take it from there.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I'm waiting to see what happens before I start throwing money at the problem.

I'm sort of hoping they pick up on this one at some point.
well I got all the AVA plugs (except Vocal Flow) for only $39 for the whole lot. I couldn't pass on that. I'm willing to wait until they work... they are not "must haves" for me but I like the Mastering EQ concept and the DeEsser is super easy to use.

Now what I REALLY want in AVA format is the XT-TomTomGate! That thing is awesome and I wish I could have it in Studio One!
FaderPort 8 - Console 1

(01-04-2021, 08:19 PM)MakerDP Wrote: Now what I REALLY want in AVA format is the XT-TomTomGate! That thing is awesome and I wish I could have it in Studio One!

So are your current AVA plugins crashing for you in other DAW's or only when used in Mixbus?
For me, all AVA plugins crash Mixbus32c, Studio One and Reaper. I have not tried any others. The "default" XT plugins and the ones I have purchased all work just fine for me in Mixbus32c. Oh, and I have NOT tried Vocal Flow - just all the others.

I should add, in case you are reading this and have not read the other thread... support also told me that using the VST2 versions of the AVA plugins do work as a work-around in the meantime. I actually have not tried that though... I have bigger fish to fry at the moment so I will wait for their release. It's not a show-stopper for me at all.
FaderPort 8 - Console 1

For me, at least, upgrading to Windows 10 solved my problem. It seems my motherboard is so new that they didn't have drivers for Windows 8.1. This forced the graphics chip on my board to use the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver. With the upgrade to 10, the motherboard's graphics chip can now use a proper OpenGL driver. Plugins open without crashing now.