Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus 6.2.70 crashes when loading any included plugins
(01-02-2021, 03:23 PM)CurtZHP Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 03:04 PM)pepe44 Wrote: It works indeed, using the generic controls. So what is the cause of the crash ?
Graphical issues ?

That's my theory so far. But the fact that you are having the same problem on a completely different system has me wondering.

A couple questions for you....
1. What happens in your session when you try XT-series plugins?
2. What graphics card/driver is your system using?

I changed the audio drive to MME just to take out of the equation the ASIO4ALL, but no good.
On this laptop i have a nvidia geforce MX150.
When using xt plugins it crashes instantly, leaving no message , just closes MB.

Im not able to test this in the studio machine, next week only.

Hope this is a small issue that can be solved with an update.
(01-02-2021, 03:30 PM)pepe44 Wrote: I changed the audio drive to MME just to take out of the equation the ASIO4ALL, but no good.
When using xt plugins it crashes instantly, leaving no message , just closes MB.

If you're up for it, try dragging an XT plugin to a track, and then right-clicking to edit with generic controls. It should work that way. Just curious to see if your symptoms are exactly the same as mine.

What's interesting is that I tried the same thing on an old laptop I use around here that has Intel HD graphics, and that had no issues at all opening ACE or XT plugins.

Hopefully on Monday the Harrison folks can chime in on this.
(01-02-2021, 03:35 PM)CurtZHP Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 03:30 PM)pepe44 Wrote: I changed the audio drive to MME just to take out of the equation the ASIO4ALL, but no good.

If you're up for it, try dragging an XT plugin to a track, and then right-clicking to edit with generic controls. It should work that way. Just curious to see if your symptoms are exactly the same as mine.

What's interesting is that I tried the same thing on an old laptop I use around here that has Intel HD graphics, and that had no issues at all opening ACE or XT plugins.

Hopefully on Monday the Harrison folks can chime in on this.
I tried already the generic controls , work on both ACE and XT plugins, no crash.
Sounds like the "OpenGL" drivers might be the issue. Similar problems have been reported in other threads here for some time.
I even experienced this issue a couple years back when I upgraded the versions of Chrome and Audacity on the computer I
use for music production. That caused me to use the "Open with Generic controls" until I was eventually able to do load up
a new version of my OS (AVLinux); numerous attempts to restore my computer to its previous working version failed.
Search this forum for other articles regarding "OpenGL" and the exact wording of the "Use Generic Controls" message for more info.

BTW... I do see that you are using Windows... but I would not be surprised if your current video drivers are the causing the issue.

Cheers!
Patrick
If this helps to developers, here is the windows event logger:

Nome da aplicação com falha: Mixbus.exe, versão: 0.0.0.0, carimbo de data/hora: 0x5fb3f593
Nome do módulo com falha: dxgi.dll, versão: 10.0.18362.1049, carimbo de data/hora: 0x4029f10d
Código de exceção: 0xc0000005
Desvio de falha: 0x000000000003a526
ID do processo com falha: 0x2d94
Hora de início da aplicação com falha: 0x01d6e15216574973
Caminho da aplicação com falha: C:\Program Files\Mixbus6\bin\Mixbus.exe
Caminho do módulo com falha: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dxgi.dll
ID do Relatório: f5e9d287-0003-4775-b848-a7ff3d0003a0
Nome completo do pacote com falha:
ID da aplicação relativa ao pacote com falha:
(01-02-2021, 04:52 PM)PBuryk Wrote: Sounds like the "OpenGL" drivers might be the issue. Similar problems have been reported in other threads here for some time.
I even experienced this issue a couple years back when I upgraded the versions of Chrome and Audacity on the computer I
use for music production. That caused me to use the "Open with Generic controls" until I was eventually able to do load up
a new version of my OS (AVLinux); numerous attempts to restore my computer to its previous working version failed.
Search this forum for other articles regarding "OpenGL" and the exact wording of the "Use Generic Controls" message for more info.

BTW... I do see that you are using Windows... but I would not be surprised if your current video drivers are the causing the issue.

Cheers!
Patrick

If its an opengl problem wouldn´t it happen to most plugins, why only MB stock plugins ?
(01-02-2021, 06:12 PM)pepe44 Wrote: If its an opengl problem wouldn´t it happen to most plugins, why only MB stock plugins ?

Exactly. I'm not a programmer by any stretch, but those plugins don't strike me as graphics hogs.
Just got the chance to try this on my Main Machine and nothing crashes. All GUIs open OK.
There might be something with graphic drivers on my laptop going on i guess.
Maybe that´s the same issue for you.
(01-04-2021, 07:33 AM)pepe44 Wrote: Just got the change to try this on my Main Machinne, and nothing crashes. All GUIs open OK. There might be something about some graphics drivers thing going on i guess.

In your main machine's Device Manager, what does it list for Display Adapter?
(01-04-2021, 07:49 AM)CurtZHP Wrote:
(01-04-2021, 07:33 AM)pepe44 Wrote: Just got the change to try this on my Main Machinne, and nothing crashes. All GUIs open OK. There might be something about some graphics drivers thing going on i guess.

In your main machine's Device Manager, what does it list for Display Adapter?

I have a NVIDIA GTX 1060 on this machine.