Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waves vocal Rider Sidechain
(07-08-2020, 02:20 PM)vicenzajay Wrote: @Tassy - you are correct.  you can add the F6 Dynamic EQ to that list as well.  MB does not generate the extra pins necessary to use it as it is designed.

I'm glad that TDR Nova works, but it is highly disappointing that such a mainstream set of products like Waves cannot be used in this fashion within MB.

Guys, I have no problems side chaining my F6 to a vocal bus and allowing the Dyanmic EQ to carve out some space from my music bus. I am using Mixbus 32C 7. Check the attached GIF.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Pabloquintana,

Yes, I am successfully using Waves F6 as well: loaded on the bass channel, side chain from the kick. Works great. 

Dingo,

I will try to capture some visuals of how the Vocal Rider pins are set up, both with the sidechain connected and without. And, yes, I will thoroughly evaluate the signal chain to see if something jumps out. I may also try creating the "band" bus either on a different bus, or build it one channel at a time and see if I can zero in on what is causing the feedback loop.
SUCCESS!!  YAY!!  I'm not sure why, but when I set my "band" bus (with no vox) to use bus 8, instead of bus 12, the feedback loop went away and vocal rider works with sidechain.  To find a fix, I first used a single channel (acoustic guitar) and sent it to bus 12 to be the sidechain trigger. But as soon as I selected bus 12, the feedback loop light lit up. Then I tried the same on bus 11, 10, 9, and got the same result. Finally when I hit bus 8, it worked. I added all of other band channels to bus 8, and it works great. Buses 1-8 have the option of feeding busses 9-12. Busses 9-12 can not feed anything else.  Not sure what the issue is there, or if that has anything to do with the feedback loop, but Waves Vocal Rider Live Stereo works fine with Mixbus 32C v6.   Big Grin