Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waves vocal Rider Sidechain
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to set up waves vocal Rider and the Sidechain feed. While I'm able to set-up a Sidechain feed in the pin section, but the green light indicator in plug-in doesn't response. Not the does the sound within the plug-in seems to react to any Sidechain feed.

Any help is welcome
Software: Mixbus 5, Mixbus 32C 3, Waves and Harrisson plugins. Cubase 10 Pro.
Hardware: APB Dynasonics Pro desk 4, Allen heath Ice 16, Mindprint envoice, Mindprint T comp.
Laptop Model: Asus GL 5522VW i7 6700 HQ CPU @ 2.6, 16 GB ram, 64 bit Windows 10, GeForce GTX 960M
where are you creating a send TO said side chain input? Vocalrider is on the vocal track, you enable its side chain input and send from....?
Win10pro(2004) : i7 8700/RX570 8gb/16gb/970evo : RME PCIe Multiface : Mixbus 32c 4.3 & 7.2
Other DAWs: Logic 10.4 (MacBook) Cubase 10.5 (PC)
Music: https://jamielang.bandcamp.com
(04-04-2019, 10:03 AM)csvk Wrote: Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to set up waves vocal Rider and the Sidechain feed. While I'm able to set-up a Sidechain feed in the pin section, but the green light indicator in plug-in doesn't response. Not the does the sound within the plug-in seems to react to any Sidechain feed.

Any help is welcome

In Mixbus you definitely cannot use any side chain for vocal rider.
You can check the pinout in any of your open pulgins. If in the stereo version you find empty input pins on the right as in picture (2 pieces) then you can connect sidechain to this plug.
Remember even if a plug has its own SC knob it will not work if the pinout does not show the extra pins. I speak abot external sidechain.

Among my million plugins I found only the following to have SC possibilities in Mixbus:
Nova (free), The Glue, Fabfilter Compressor SC, G8 (free), Gliss eq, Span.
and some that has no sense to have: Oscirazor, Correlometer (both free)
You can check also in the Plugin manager (drag wider on the right) the inputs should be either 2 more than the outputs or both more than 4.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(04-04-2019, 12:15 PM)Tassy Wrote:
(04-04-2019, 10:03 AM)csvk Wrote: Hi,

Any help is welcome

In Mixbus you definitely cannot use any side chain for vocal rider.
You can check the pinout in any of your open pulgins. If in the stereo version you find empty input pins on the right as in picture (2 pieces) then you can connect sidechain to this plug.
Remember even if a plug has its own SC knob it will not work if the pinout does not show the extra pins. I speak abot external sidechain.

Among my million plugins I found only the following to have SC possibilities in Mixbus:
Nova (free), The Glue, Fabfilter Compressor SC, G8 (free), Gliss eq, Span.
and some that has no sense to have: Oscirazor, Correlometer (both free)
You can check also in the Plugin manager (drag wider on the right) the inputs should be either 2 more than the outputs or both more than 4.

Thanks for the response, feels like a shame. Would be nice though if it would be possible
Hardware: APB Dynasonics Pro desk 4, Allen heath Ice 16, Mindprint envoice, Mindprint T comp.
Laptop Model: Asus GL 5522VW i7 6700 HQ CPU @ 2.6, 16 GB ram, 64 bit Windows 10, GeForce GTX 960M
Yeah, I forgot that Waves did that with their VST2 stuff. I hadn't used VST2 in 10+ years (on Windows at least) before coming to Mixbus.
Win10pro(2004) : i7 8700/RX570 8gb/16gb/970evo : RME PCIe Multiface : Mixbus 32c 4.3 & 7.2
Other DAWs: Logic 10.4 (MacBook) Cubase 10.5 (PC)
Music: https://jamielang.bandcamp.com
Vocal rider is currently on sale for $29. Does it definitely not work in Mixbus 5?
Vocal rider works well in all Mixbus versions.
Only the side chain function is not for MB.
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(05-30-2019, 07:25 AM)isoneedacoffee Wrote: Vocal rider is currently on sale for $29. Does it definitely not work in Mixbus 5?

I haven't tried after this, it does do vocal leveling, but it does not see the music level in reference.
It is this and more other shortcomings in creating music that made me move to Cubase (and their major discount now...-sorry). I might use MixBus as a Summing device. Or mastering DAW. Though I like my analog APB pro 4 better as a Summing mixer.

It's a shame though, because the sound of the DAW is good, the mixer workflow is nice. Even more there plugins are really good.
(05-30-2019, 07:45 AM)Tassy Wrote: Vocal rider works well in all Mixbus versions.
Only the side chain function is not for MB.

But the side chain is a rather important feature of this automated vocal rider, no? How else can it adapt to dynamics present in different sections of a song? I feel that getting it with this feature unavailable to me is perhaps not worth it.

As a side note, I do mainly hard rock and I’ll be using lots of drive, saturation and compression anyway so perhaps the vocal rider wouldn’t even be that useful for me.
- As to sidechain in vocal rider I do not need it. I mean do not consider it an important option.
Vocal rider mainly, for me, is a plugin saving me not to bother with manual fader riding and in my vocal chain* this function is enough.
- As to the vocal and the band relation I use a bus receiving all the tracks but the vox and use Nova free dynamic EQ sidechained by the vox so it gives space for the vocal when present without increasing the vocal volume.
-As to the different sections of the song I never use automation, riding and such but put the certain sections in separate tracks and treat as I want.

*My vocal chain in 90% of cases:
0. autotune if needed melodyne if needed, (maybe at a later point)
1. raw clip gain edit for a rather even volume (boos cut or gain line) to give less work for compressors
2 compressor (CLA 3A)
3 another compressor (Rvox) or limiter (fabfilter) (no reduction only making it more even)
4. sends to reverb and delay buses
5. if needed insert delay and reverb
6. vocal rider
Tassy