Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't take the instability...
As to waves read their specification requirements. Some laptops do not meet it, like mine. Not even waves center can be installed properly.
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(01-14-2019, 09:26 AM)Tassy Wrote: As to waves read their specification requirements. Some laptops do not meet it, like mine. Not even waves center can be installed properly.

Ah yes - I never thought to look because they were always working fine in Logic on both macs, but when I checked one of my current favourite Waves ones, the Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain which I've noticed it's pretty CPU heavy, sure enough I'm at the minimum (8GB) of required RAM.

The heaviest are Acustica's Viridian (it works in a different way to most plugins, and boy do the CPU meters show it...) and Oeksound Soothe/Spiff which are total lifesavers sometimes, but they have clever brains and 2x/4x oversampling which sends CPU crazy unless I'm careful.

Today has been a lovely day in MB so far - doing a load of TV edits, minimal plugins, no crashes! Woo!!
And the snapshot system is such a great way of dealing with making lots of edits of the same root material - I love it.

It's pretty funny that if you try to make "cmd + W" your "close" shortcut, MB just closes the keyboard shortcuts dialogue! At least thats an endearing shortcoming, like "aw bless - you just did exactly what you were told - not quite what I meant, but I'll think of another shortcut, just for you...". Like parenting... Except my kids rarely do as their told, and I often fail to find alternative shortcuts...
iMac 3.1 GHz i5 16 GB/MBP 2.3 GHz i7 8GB
Antelope Orion 32+/RME FF800
Mixbus 32C
Hey Guys

Im new here. Using Mixbus on Windows. It is an absolute nightmare. I am sure there are countless users who
do not have my problem, but unfortunately for me it just wont work. I have tried all the workarounds I could find, including the 
ones at startup. No joy, BSOD within 2 minutes without fail.  which is a real pity as the sound is gorgeous. I am using Win 10 build 19042.804

Any help would be appreciated. I will try with a different audio interface in the coming week just to make sure, but I honestly dont know that it will help.

Regards

CeeJay
@Ceeyay112 -
Please provide details about the computer you are using:
- Is this an off-the-shelf computer or home-built?
- CPU type?
- Amount or RAM
- Is Mixbus installed on an internal HDD or external HDD?
- Have you loaded all the latest drivers for your computers components?

What version of Mixbus are you using?

Cheers!
Patrick
(03-07-2021, 11:16 AM)Ceejay112 Wrote: BSOD within 2 minutes without fail.

It's a huge long shot but maybe try disconnecting from the internet temporarily and then disable your Antivirus software. Do you still see the BSOD issues when running Mixbus?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!