Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
32C UPDATE
Thanks for the heads up, Ben! I was just looking how and if there was a way for me to categorize my growing list of plugins last night! :-) I can wait a few weeks.

This is the first version update since I bought Mixbus 32c 4.x less than a year ago. How do upgrades work for Mixbus?
Sharing channel settings between songs easily will be a very welcome feature! I just moved to 32c from regular mixbus when it was on sale last month- I can’t believe how awesome 32c is. Really enjoying working on it, even on a laptop screen.
I will have to start putting nickels aside, as I'm sure the 4 to 5 jump won't be cheap (relatively speaking... Mixbus is a bargain compared to oyher software).

Bruce
(08-07-2018, 02:45 PM)Black Jacque Shellac Wrote: How do upgrades work for Mixbus?
Updates: v4.0 to v4.1 etc... are free.
New Releases: v5.0, v6.0 etc are paid.
Upgrades are normally offered.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(08-07-2018, 11:25 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: The "massive overhaul" that is mentioned above ( which includes varispeed recording and simultaneous Input/Disk monitoring ), will *not* be included in v5. It's still too far away from a commercial-release quality. But work is still underway, and will be available in a future version. Parts of it might appear in a v5.x update. We aren't sure yet.

That's a little bit sad but completely understandable. If I can put a small bid to include the latency compensation everywhere into a 5.x version that would be excellent for those of us in hybrid studios.

The core timeline/timing e.t.c. changes obviously need to be rock solid before rolling out commercially.
Allan  Klinbail 

Steam Mastering - www.steam-mastering.com 
(08-03-2018, 07:57 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 07:01 PM)Lexridge Wrote: Latency compensation on everything and timing rewrites are certainly not elementary. lol

It could be that khz is German - there are a lot of "false friends" between German and English - words which are spelled and look all the same but mean different in either language. I'm pretty sure "essential" or better "substantial" was meant.
I remember vividly when I called in at work and told them I'm in bed with an Angina.... they almost had a heart attack themselves Big Grin
Angina in German on the other hand means Tonsillitis Big Grin

MMM

I read his usage as "base"/"primary"/"foundational" (like how simple building blocks, like at the base of a pyramid, become.. hard things to change).