Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
32C UPDATE
Just wondering if anyone has any insight as to whether there's
going to be any updates this year for MB4 or 32C..?

Or any ideas of what the updates will be..?
Windows 10 Pro, 64bit, 16Gb memory, Intel i5 quad 4 (3,450Mhz), Audient ID22,
Reaper, 32C Ver5.1 (Rev 5'1), 32C Version 6
++
No idea but it would be interesting.
It would be interesting to find out any plans, ideas for the coming year. The year after the "Big Sales". Anything, chit-chat. It's total silence since quite some time.

Cheers.
personally I find it better if there aren't any updates for years, with a stable and functioning software.

Some time ago I used to work with Cubase 5.5.3 for many years. No updates, no problems. Perfect.
Mixbus32c, Mackie Onyx 1640, Neumann km1, WA 47 jr..MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, UA, etc., iPad2/4/Pro
It would be nice to have a fix regarding the non re-sizing plugin windows when the plugin changes dimensions for a large window (seemingly works fine when downsizing). On Linux, KDE that is. Usually plugins are not resized once set to their working dimensions. However the Melda audio processing plugins can expand if certain modes like 'edit' are chosen, limiting seriously their range of use in Mixbus32C. This problem is totally not seen on the same system when using Bitwig.
I would guess there is a very good chance we will see MB5 sometime this year. The Ardour/Mixbus teams have been working diligently on the new rewrite, and even if MB5 doesn't make it this year, it is possible we may see some back porting from the new project within an update for Mixbus/32C 4.
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 w/AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor 32GB RAM
M-Audio Delta 1010 / Echo AudioFire 12
Mixbus v7.x on Fedora 33 64bit
If you look at the Ardour page, you'll see that Ardour (probably with input from Mixbus developers) are working on some very major updates to the core engine.
Totally reconstructing the way to the code deals with time and MIDI time, anywhere to anywhere latency compensation (will be a major benefit to anyone running a hybrid setup) are just two of these things.
You can read more here. https://community.ardour.org/node/15693

There's no release dates, but I know that Ardour is making headway. Once the Ardour version is released it typically has taken a few months for the Mixbus layer to be added. In the past it's been the standard version a month or 2 before the 32c version. So I wouldn't expect anything this year TBH.
Unless there are critical patches, I doubt we'll see much by way of updates on the v4.x series. OF course, I'm not a Mixbus developer and they could put something out as soon as I post. It's a small developer team so splitting work between the current version (which is very stable) and the new version would slow everything down.

I'm personally very excited for the new version, but am happily working with the current version of 32c for the moment.
That being said, if I can find some time, I will try to compile and run some tests on the Ardour 6 code, my firewire hybrid desk and extensive external MIDI environment would be perfect for giving some of the new features a serious bash.

@jonetsu, why don't you consider using something like XFCE for you window manager, it's a lot lighter on CPU and RAM. I haven't had those issues, but I rarely use non- Harrison plugins anymore, so it might be universal. Can't hurt to try, you can always install XFCE but switch back to KDE if you don't like it.
Allan  Klinbail 

Steam Mastering - www.steam-mastering.com 
A suggestion would be to test the https://nightly.ardour.org/list.php install and to look at.
This should give an approximate insight (snapshot, not suitable for daily use). (& http://tracker.ardour.org/my_view_page.php?)
As far as I have heard, very elementary things are being changed in Ardour (substructure) in order to be able to continue programming new functions more easily in the future.
Clock and MIDI are also a big topic.
Everything IMHO
(08-02-2018, 01:55 AM)khz Wrote: A suggestion would be to test the https://nightly.ardour.org/list.php install and to look at.
This should give an approximate insight (snapshot, not suitable for daily use). (& http://tracker.ardour.org/my_view_page.php?)
As far as I have heard, very elementary things are being changed in Ardour (substructure) in order to be able to continue programming new functions more easily in the future.
Clock and MIDI are also a big topic.
Everything IMHO

Latency compensation on everything and timing rewrites are certainly not elementary. lol The entire subsystem is basically being rewritten from scratch. Paul's blog certainly explains a lot.
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 w/AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor 32GB RAM
M-Audio Delta 1010 / Echo AudioFire 12
Mixbus v7.x on Fedora 33 64bit
It would be cool if Harrison release a statement or a video discussing what they've been up to in regards to mixbus.