Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
detachable mixbus mixer
just 'cause i wished i had that yesterday Wink

it would be great to have the mixbus part of the mixer detachable in it's own window.
because if you have a lot of mixbusses (12 in mixbus 32 c), the normal track mixer gets a bit unconfortable.
I know you can hide them, but the mixbusses in it's own window would be very handy.
Windows 11, 64 GB Ram, AMD Ryzen 3900XT, Nvidia 2700 Super 8 Gb,
Focusrite Clarett 4Pre USB.

Ableton Live, Mixbus 32c, Studio One Pro
This is on our ToDo list for a while.

Problem is: everybody has a different opinion how this should work.

Some other popular requests include:
* just include the mixbuses and VCA's in the scrolling list of channelstrips, and let the user reorder them.
* have 2 or more mixer windows, which can each have their own mix of channels and mixbuses.

These are kinda mutually-exclusive; so, any change will likely make 33% of users happy, 33% angry, and 33% wish we had just left it as-is. Wink

When you start looking at all the implications, it can get complicated. Consider the case of the "spill" buttons in each of these situations. Also consider how this affects the operation of a fader controller ... what order should the channels appear?

We are working on a simple idea which I think will improve things without dramatically changing how Mixbus works. The idea is: keep the dedicated spot for mixbuses: but allow it to be resized to always show 4, 8, or 12 mixbuses ( the size is optional ). Then provide a scrollbar under the mixbus section to access the remaining mixbuses. The checkboxes to hide/show the mixbuses will go away, in this case, to remove that additional layer of complexity. The master, monitor and vca's will remain unchanged.

Would that help?

-Ben
(01-29-2018, 10:18 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: We are working on a simple idea which I think will improve things without dramatically changing how Mixbus works. The idea is: keep the dedicated spot for mixbuses: but allow it to be resized to always show 4, 8, or 12 mixbuses ( the size is optional ). Then provide a scrollbar under the mixbus section to access the remaining mixbuses. The checkboxes to hide/show the mixbuses will go away, in this case, to remove that additional layer of complexity. The master, monitor and vca's will remain unchanged.

If the scroll wheel works horizontally while the pointer is hovering above the bar (just like the normal channels) - yes yes and yes from me Smile
That's so much better than switching them on/off.
MMM
(working on a laptop atm and hoping to get the 4k screen back up next week...)
Sorry to ask,
why not vertical and horizontal scroll bars like with channels ?
Klaus
Macmini core2duo / i7
OS 10.10-10.13
http://www.redmountain.ch/X32CoreFOHandBandclient.jpg
(01-30-2018, 09:42 AM)Klaus Wrote: why not vertical and horizontal scroll bars like with channels ?

I have used apps that allow both vertical and horizontal scrolling in the mixer, and I find it very irritating. "Your mileage may vary" of course.

-Ben
OK,
for now I use the green maximizing button in OSX
to show top or bottom...using only 1 click
Best
Klaus
Macmini core2duo / i7
OS 10.10-10.13
(01-29-2018, 10:18 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Would that help?

Yes, I like it. Can this have some shortcut, please (Show all/Show sector)?

And: thanks for your explaining words!
Maybe we can choose which windows or mixbuses we want to show on that extra window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01-30-2018, 10:49 AM)Klaus Wrote: OK,
for now I use the green maximizing button in OSX
to show top or bottom...using only 1 click
Best
Klaus

What green maximizing button? Sounds like just what I've been wanting.
OSX ... maybe it's called minimizing button - top left - red/yellow/green buttons ?
Klaus
Macmini core2duo / i7
OS 10.10-10.13