Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
detachable mixbus mixer
I agree doing something with the MixBus section would be great. I also get cramped easily if I have all 12 busses showing. Lately I've been grouping Mixbusses into Rhythm, Instruments, Vocals, and Effects and showing/hiding them as needed and that has helped alot. Also, the spill feature seems a little odd sometimes. If I spill out a bus, I have to unspill it if I need to show other one that's not currently visible. But yes, this would help tremendously if there were a way to improve access to as many busses as possible and spill them as needed to see the channels you'd like. I don't like to call it this, but wouldn't it be similar to track folders? With the spill button, the busses also act as track folders correct?

Donny
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
(01-29-2018, 10:18 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: This is on our ToDo list for a while.

Problem is: everybody has a different opinion how this should work.

Some other popular requests include:
* just include the mixbuses and VCA's in the scrolling list of channelstrips, and let the user reorder them.
* have 2 or more mixer windows, which can each have their own mix of channels and mixbuses.

These are kinda mutually-exclusive; so, any change will likely make 33% of users happy, 33% angry, and 33% wish we had just left it as-is. Wink

When you start looking at all the implications, it can get complicated. Consider the case of the "spill" buttons in each of these situations. Also consider how this affects the operation of a fader controller ... what order should the channels appear?

We are working on a simple idea which I think will improve things without dramatically changing how Mixbus works. The idea is: keep the dedicated spot for mixbuses: but allow it to be resized to always show 4, 8, or 12 mixbuses ( the size is optional ). Then provide a scrollbar under the mixbus section to access the remaining mixbuses. The checkboxes to hide/show the mixbuses will go away, in this case, to remove that additional layer of complexity. The master, monitor and vca's will remain unchanged.

Would that help?

-Ben

Is it not possible to have all three solutions, so that the user decides whether that the mixer/mixbus channels are fixed, or in floating windows, and having the ability to reorder and hide, with the checkboxes?

Thanks for considering.
Regards,
Jsts1970
Sunds, Denmark
MB32C & MB
www.music4you.dk
(01-29-2018, 10:18 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: We are working on a simple idea which I think will improve things without dramatically changing how Mixbus works. The idea is: keep the dedicated spot for mixbuses: but allow it to be resized to always show 4, 8, or 12 mixbuses ( the size is optional ). Then provide a scrollbar under the mixbus section to access the remaining mixbuses. The checkboxes to hide/show the mixbuses will go away, in this case, to remove that additional layer of complexity. The master, monitor and vca's will remain unchanged.

Would that help?

-Ben

I like this idea a lot. I don't use the checkboxes much right now, and if I could scroll the mix busses, I would not need them at all.
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
(01-29-2018, 10:18 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: This is on our ToDo list for a while.

Problem is: everybody has a different opinion how this should work.

Some other popular requests include:
* just include the mixbuses and VCA's in the scrolling list of channelstrips, and let the user reorder them.
* have 2 or more mixer windows, which can each have their own mix of channels and mixbuses.

These are kinda mutually-exclusive; so, any change will likely make 33% of users happy, 33% angry, and 33% wish we had just left it as-is. Wink

When you start looking at all the implications, it can get complicated. Consider the case of the "spill" buttons in each of these situations. Also consider how this affects the operation of a fader controller ... what order should the channels appear?

We are working on a simple idea which I think will improve things without dramatically changing how Mixbus works. The idea is: keep the dedicated spot for mixbuses: but allow it to be resized to always show 4, 8, or 12 mixbuses ( the size is optional ). Then provide a scrollbar under the mixbus section to access the remaining mixbuses. The checkboxes to hide/show the mixbuses will go away, in this case, to remove that additional layer of complexity. The master, monitor and vca's will remain unchanged.

Would that help?

-Ben

Scrollbar on Bus section; such as left-right and up-down will solve each and every mixbus32c's GUI problem. This is an urgent need.

Separate window for mixer and bus section will be nice too. But not urgent need.

Thank you !

PLUS

will it be corrected in detachable windows ?

Green DOT (low level noise, below -140 dB) which is under each and every fader is confusing. It gave me few days work to understand it. I checked each and everything, mixer, audio-interface, microphone etc.

Thanks !
Win 7 x64(Desktop), Win 7 x32(two Laptops) and Win 8 x64(Laptop)

Audio-interface :
  1. Soundcraft analog mixer [USB]
  2. Komplete Audio 6 [USB]
  3. Roland Adirol [USB]

mixbus32c
Allow multiple view of the mixer in multiple windows. Let the user hide or show whatever channels they want in each view. Those who want this specific view can put all the mixbus channels in one window and all the others in another window.
Thumbs Up 
(03-28-2018, 07:11 PM)bayswater Wrote: Allow multiple view of the mixer in multiple windows. Let the user hide or show whatever channels they want in each view. Those who want this specific view can put all the mixbus channels in one window and all the others in another window.

Heart
:like:

Audio-interface :
  3. Roland Adirol [USB]

mixbus32c
(03-29-2018, 12:00 PM)Shailesh Wrote:
(03-28-2018, 07:11 PM)bayswater Wrote: Allow multiple view of the mixer in multiple windows. Let the user hide or show whatever channels they want in each view. Those who want this specific view can put all the mixbus channels in one window and all the others in another window.

Heart
:like:

+1 from here. Or at least the opportunety to seperate the mixer from the editor, so you can have the editor on one screen, while having the mixer on another screen.
Regards,
Jsts1970
Sunds, Denmark
MB32C & MB
www.music4you.dk
(04-02-2018, 03:49 PM)Jsts1970 Wrote: .........Or at least the opportunety to seperate the mixer from the editor, so you can have the editor on one screen, while having the mixer on another screen.

What you ask for here are already implemented and it's easy to configure:

Menu bar -> "Window", "Editor", "Attach" or "Detach"

or "Window", "Mixer", "Attach" or "Detach"

If you do "Attach" and "Detach" right, then you should be able to have the transport controls over either the mixer or the editor window. Then just move the two windows to the monitors as you like.

:-)

Mixbus Pro 10.0, Kubuntu Linux 64 23.10, Stock Low latency kernel, KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM CPU@2.60GHz, 12 Gb RAM, nvidia GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2, X.org nouveau driver, Zoom L12 Digital mixer/Audio interface
(04-03-2018, 04:09 AM)Sthauge Wrote:
(04-02-2018, 03:49 PM)Jsts1970 Wrote: .........Or at least the opportunety to seperate the mixer from the editor, so you can have the editor on one screen, while having the mixer on another screen.

What you ask for here are already implemented and it's easy to configure:

Menu bar -> "Window", "Editor", "Attach" or "Detach"

or "Window", "Mixer", "Attach" or "Detach"

If you do "Attach" and "Detach" right, then you should be able to have the transport controls over either the mixer or the editor window. Then just move the two windows to the monitors as you like.

:-)

Ups, sorry. And thanks!

I actually have used that feature before, but forgot about it.
Regards,
Jsts1970
Sunds, Denmark
MB32C & MB
www.music4you.dk
Hi !
(to clear confusion)

with tight budget I can not have big/huge/XXL visual monitor. And, my bedroom is not enough (it's definitely not a pro-studio). Thus, I've small(compared to XXL) multiple visual monitors. I use 3 of them.

* 1st has editing/arranging window.
* 2nd has mixer.
* 3rd has meter bridge [I Love meter-bridge], metering plugins and SSL-G Duende compressor.

So, I am wishing 4th visual monitor. On which I'll dedicate for Bus section... if possible.

Smile

Audio-interface :
  3. Roland Adirol [USB]

mixbus32c