Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
detachable mixbus mixer
(04-05-2018, 11:30 AM)Shailesh Wrote: Hi !

* 1st has editing/arranging window.
* 2nd has mixer.
* 3rd has meter bridge [I Love meter-bridge], metering plugins and SSL-G Duende compressor.

So, I am wishing 4th visual monitor. On which I'll dedicate for Bus section... if possible.

Smile

same here : except i have my desktop stretched over two monitors.

and Both the mixer and the edit window stretched so all chennels and busses fit.
The whole windows is swiped left right to give me view of the section i need.

I understand that you have problems with the hieght of the Mixer windows. Have you ever considered Putting the monitor on it side, turn 90 degrees? I think you will have full height for mixer view.

regards
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(04-05-2018, 12:41 PM)Frank Wrote: Have you ever considered Putting the monitor on it side, turn 90 degrees? I think you will have full height for mixer view.

I'm glad, that method works for you. I tried in v3.
Win 7 x64(Desktop), Win 7 x32(two Laptops) and Win 8 x64(Laptop)

Audio-interface :
  1. Soundcraft analog mixer [USB]
  2. Komplete Audio 6 [USB]
  3. Roland Adirol [USB]

mixbus32c
(01-29-2018, 10:18 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: We are working on a simple idea which I think will improve things without dramatically changing how Mixbus works. The idea is: keep the dedicated spot for mixbuses: but allow it to be resized to always show 4, 8, or 12 mixbuses ( the size is optional ). Then provide a scrollbar under the mixbus section to access the remaining mixbuses. The checkboxes to hide/show the mixbuses will go away, in this case, to remove that additional layer of complexity. The master, monitor and vca's will remain unchanged.

Would that help?

-Ben

I like that idea. I have also wished for a more elegant way of managing the track / bus real estate so thumbs up from me
(01-29-2018, 10:18 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: This is on our ToDo list for a while.

Problem is: everybody has a different opinion how this should work.

Some other popular requests include:
* just include the mixbuses and VCA's in the scrolling list of channelstrips, and let the user reorder them.
* have 2 or more mixer windows, which can each have their own mix of channels and mixbuses.

These are kinda mutually-exclusive; so, any change will likely make 33% of users happy, 33% angry, and 33% wish we had just left it as-is. Wink

When you start looking at all the implications, it can get complicated. Consider the case of the "spill" buttons in each of these situations. Also consider how this affects the operation of a fader controller ... what order should the channels appear?

We are working on a simple idea which I think will improve things without dramatically changing how Mixbus works. The idea is: keep the dedicated spot for mixbuses: but allow it to be resized to always show 4, 8, or 12 mixbuses ( the size is optional ). Then provide a scrollbar under the mixbus section to access the remaining mixbuses. The checkboxes to hide/show the mixbuses will go away, in this case, to remove that additional layer of complexity. The master, monitor and vca's will remain unchanged.

Would that help?

-Ben

Hey Ben,
Is this item already solved ? Possible detaching view/window for the mixbusses alone. Not only a split on the same window but a possibility to put the mixbusses or mixer-tracks in another window/screen.
Thanx & Greetz,
BeBoy
If we're taking a poll, my ideal layout would be:
Add the ability to detach the mixbus section of the mixer window.
Hopefully this would allow the user to display that section on a separate monitor
or as a "top" window (eg, like the editor and mixer windows currently work.).
And, thinking ahead to much bigger mixes, maybe do the same for the VCSa as well.

For those of us who currently use only two monitors this should help as Frank offered:
Stretch each window (editor, mixer, mixbuses, VCAs, etc) across both monitors for the
widest possible view of that focus. Then, change the focus to any one of the other
detachable windows using hot keys. THAT would suit me much better than my current
setup which displays the editor window on one monitor, mixer on a second and all other
support windows on my third.

The super wide view of any of these windows gives me
more of a "large console" feel which Mixbus is essentially trying to emulate.
Being able to hot-key in these different sections and completely fill your displays
is like rolling your chair over to the portion of the console where those features are located.

Cheers!
Patrick
(12-11-2020, 04:48 PM)PBuryk Wrote: If we're taking a poll, my ideal layout would be:
Add the ability to detach the mixbus section of the mixer window.
Hopefully this would allow the user to display that section on a separate monitor
or as a "top" window (eg, like the editor and mixer windows currently work.).
And, thinking ahead to much bigger mixes, maybe do the same for the VCSa as well.

For those of us who currently use only two monitors this should help as Frank offered:
Stretch each window (editor, mixer, mixbuses, VCAs, etc) across both monitors for the
widest possible view of that focus. Then, change the focus to any one of the other
detachable windows using hot keys. THAT would suit me much better than my current
setup which displays the editor window on one monitor, mixer on a second and all other
support windows on my third.

The super wide view of any of these windows gives me
more of a "large console" feel which Mixbus is essentially trying to emulate.
Being able to hot-key in these different sections and completely fill your displays
is like rolling your chair over to the portion of the console where those features are located.

Cheers!
Patrick

i totally agree with your comment Patrick
Hopefully Harrison will fix this asap.
Greetz
Beboy
Ben's proposal re Mixbus window, gets my vote. Sounds very useful.
I agree that Ben's suggestion of a more confined space for the mixbuses would be better than the current layout,
as it would preserve more of the audio channel view.
But, I would still opt for making the mixbus, VCA and Master/Monitor views detachable.

Cheers!
Patrick
Is there a correct way to slide the Mixbusses without having to use the mouse to try to grab the extremely narrow line bordering the left of the first Mixbus? I know about shift B but when I have all but say four mixbusses slid out of sight and I need to get to a spill button that’s off screen, I either have to squint and attempt to drag that few-pixel line over, or squint to find the handle at the bottom of the mixbus area to find the handle that is precisely the same color and shade as it’s background field, thus invisible. Can there be some at least good easy way to simply see the methods to drag the mixbus group since the real dream of having the mixbuses detach like the editor and mixer currently does seems impossible because there is no universal consensus on how to do that.
Could I at least change the color of the sliders? This seems like a needless frustration.
Or failing that, an “unspill” button sort of how Ardour does with it’s sends button?

I’m saying it’s necessary to slide the curtain of mixbuses often and it seems that with either a better handle, something wider or something visible with clear contrast or the ability for the user to change the window handle slider, I know at least one dedicated user and cheerleader would have a much better and productive user experience.
Oh, sorry about being a jerk- I want to also praise whatever was done to 6.2.200 with regards to how plug-in windows now behave in a much more logical manner- they used to vanish when I dragged them to the second monitor (mac) but now the drag over and sit there where I put them as planned, thank you-
and thank you for the continued improvement on stability and compatibility with the never ending changes of plugins and you guys are dealing with three operating systems at once, and two variants of mixbus (normal and 32c).
All for such amazing prices and I can tell you have actual users of your product, giving in-house feedback that means something before we ever see releases.

Maybe something as trivial sounding as being able to easily gain access to the mixbusses movement handle/method or the dream of the busses being on a separate window seems to fall between the cracks,
I’m saying for myself, just seeing the contrast of the window slider or a thicker frame would be awesome.