Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Loop issues fixed soon????
I'm just wondering if there's a fix for the well known loop problem coming in a near update, cuz this problem really f***s with my workflow. It's a big problem.

And please, don't give me the "This is a common problem in many daws" bulls**t, cuz its not. Every single daw Iv'e tried apart from Mixbus handles this with no problem, no crackles or anything. It just works as long as long as the notes are aligned inside the loop.

Or maybe you should decide wheter this is just a mixing tool or a fully fledged daw. It's not a daw if you can't edit properly cuz featuers don't work.

Extremely frustrating not to able to loop.

And while I'm at it, why not implement bounce in place? This is another hassle that f***s with my workflow, having to record midi to audio. it's time consuming and f***s with creativity.

These two (major) features are in this day pretty much standard and working in other daws. Don't try to tell me different, please.

Just f***ing fix it already, enough with the exuses. It p***es me off.

Apart from above, I love Mixbus (can't say the same for Ardour unfortunately), and editing in many other respects are really nice.

Thank you
So, what's the problem actually ? Care for a description or not ?
That is also my question ok it doesn't work at all. I always wonder how people are looping in Mixbus. Every single DAW works but in mixubs it will become out of time, sync whatever you want to call it. The audio will become a noise. That is why I always tend to use space bar in Mixbus every time I want to repeat rather than putting it in loop mode.
Then we do not have the same definition of loops.

In my very basic - if not neanderthal - way of seeing it, I see the playhead that indicates where Mixbus is reading audio at a given moment. It moves forward while audio plays. The playhead can be made to loop between any two points in the session and I use that A LOT without any problems at all, and for years at that. For instance these are looping intervals. Any of them can be made to loop:

Very likely you are talking about some other kind of looping, of a very different nature. I would like to learn about it as it might be useful.
now add plugins which are capable of introducing latency including from UAD and loop a certain region. Tell me how it is going to loop. It is a mess in my end or shall I say was. I haven't used Mixbus for a month or two.
Like what plugins ? This is very vague. I should now measure the latencies of several plugins to determine which ones can be used for the test scenario you mention because you do not say exactly which ones ? I work with plugins.
(07-13-2017, 05:27 PM)jonetsu Wrote: Like what plugins ? This is very vague. I should now measure the latencies of several plugins to determine which ones can be used for the test scenario you mention because you do not say exactly which ones ? I work with plugins.

Yeah, very unclear here. The only clear things in this thread so far are the expletives of the OP.
Come on guys, put your money where your mouth is, show us a session, name some plugins, maybe you upload a little video which shows the exact problem.
I'm happily looping for years now, too, and that with plugins like Voice character, which introduce some audible latency (try in a voice-over-scenario...).
Maybe it is not such a "well known problem", I for example have read about it the first time in this thread.
So what's the deal, BHB and Jopol?

MMM
Confused
Ok,

I'm talking about looping between 2 loop markers. plugins or not it doesn't work.
sometimes audio tracks work better, and always with "seamless" unchecked, but then always with a crackle in the sound.
If I check Seamless it works sometimes. but never always.
With midi, never works. even if the notes begin within the loop. if I uncheck seanless its noisy, and I always have to set the start marker before the bar I actually which to loop from.
otherwise, theres no sound on the second time around.

I'm guessing this is a Ardour thing rather than a mixbus thing. Either way. It should just work, without having to check different options or setting the start of the loop ahead of the fact.

Anyways, just got a Console 1, so Im giving mixbus a rest. To much of a hassle that catches up over time. Maybe in 5 years it'll be mature enough, but considering the how it evolved historically, not likely. more like 10.

Peace
Just wow! I've worked on projects before and know how, after putting in untold amounts of time and effort you get slammed. So, for all the Harrison team, I appreciate the hard work...

Bruce
(07-15-2017, 06:20 AM)Jopol Wrote: I'm talking about looping between 2 loop markers. plugins or not it doesn't work.

Yes it does. Period.

(same level of details)