Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Loop issues fixed soon????
Wow thought I was going mad

Just started using midi and VSTi then my excitement turned to oh it doesn't work
How can it not loop lol
Is it fixed in v5?
Have you looked into my thread of today marked "[SOLVED] MIDI: How to loop ?".

Is that the 'problem' you are seeing ?
No jonetsu that's not the problem.

The problem is that it doesn't loop seamlessly.
It gets an unwanted hickup/crackle noise at the looping point.

Every other DAW I've ever tried (20+ something) can do this seamlessly, but not Mixbus.
Wouldn't that be a problem of the tracks themselves ? For instance in the session below there will be a glitch heard at the end of the loop between the markers snapped to the bars just before it starts the loop again. The glitch is caused by the long attack and release sequencer pattern on the two tracks that are illustrated as muted in the screen shot. Because of the nature of these tracks they will not loop seamlessly. OTOH if the piano track is looped and soloed it will loop perfectly w/o glitch. Same with the drum and other tracks.

Nope, not in this case unfortunately. It's a Mixbus/Ardour bug.
(09-04-2018, 06:35 PM)autowah Wrote: Is it fixed in v5?

EDIT: Nope. looping MIDI seamlessly still don't work
Hi @Ben,

Any updates on this topic?

also i'm note sure whether this is the OP issue as well
https://vimeo.com/554235215/b9acc264e3

Thanks
I've also been experiencing this issue with MIDI tracks on Mixbus and Ardour running macOS.  I solved the problem (adequately enough) by installing Jack and using that as a backend instead of CoreAudio, which it would seem isn't very well integrated.  The CPU generally runs hot under CoreAudio when compared to other DAWs but it gets really bad when looping and goes xrun crazy when it returns to the start of a loop.  Jack improves overall CPU performance a lot, and has cured the looping problem so far, although I still sometimes get warnings about disk access errors for short loops (< 2s).  They don't seem to affect the audio, though.  Anyway, Mixbus is definitely usable now.

There are packages for Mac, Windows, and Linux available from the jackaudio.org website, but I installed it via Homebrew using the formala at formulae.brew.sh/formula/qjackctl.  You have to start the Jack server *before* you run Mixbus, and you'll want to make sure that you've set the sample rate to match that of whatever project you're loading.  You may also have to route inputs and outputs depending on your setup.

I would urge the Ardour/Mixbus developers to look at CoreAudio performance because there is definitely something wrong there.
(07-15-2017, 06:20 AM)Bejcon Wrote: Ok,

I'm talking about looping between 2 loop markers. plugins or not it doesn't work.
sometimes audio tracks work better, and always with "seamless" unchecked, but then always with a crackle in the sound.
If I check Seamless it works sometimes. but never always.
With midi, never works. even if the notes begin within the loop. if I uncheck seanless its noisy, and I always have to set the start marker before the bar I actually which to loop from.
otherwise, theres no sound on the second time around.

I'm guessing this is a Ardour thing rather than a mixbus thing. Either way. It should just work, without having to check different options or setting the start of the loop ahead of the fact.

Anyways, just got a Console 1, so Im giving mixbus a rest. To much of a hassle that catches up over time. Maybe in 5 years it'll be mature enough, but considering the how it evolved historically, not likely. more like 10.

Peace
+1
Cool