Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Icon Qcon Pro X and Mixbus 32C thread
(05-12-2017, 06:05 AM)superb Wrote: The easiest thing to do is edit the existing Logic Pro map and save it under a different name and then load the user define firmware along with your new map. I was not pleased with the fader response and lack of timecode display in this mode so I am still running it as described in the first post of this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's not the 1.02 user define firmware, but a newer one 1.03,
so i hope there are some improvements on the issues you noticed.

i will test it this weekend, and let you know

i am looking for a chart to help me setup the qcon for my needs, plus to test different variations, so it would be nice to have a chart on hand, so i'am quicker in finding the right midi commands for the actions i have in mind.
Windows 11, 64 GB Ram, AMD Ryzen 3900XT, Nvidia 2700 Super 8 Gb,
Focusrite Clarett 4Pre USB.

Ableton Live, Mixbus 32c, Studio One Pro
Ok cool. Worst case, if you can't find a chart. you could create one by using the Mixbus midi logger and seeing what midi messages trigger what actions. With setup described above, the button labels will match Mixbus controls - you could see what midi note/controller data triggers which functions.

Where were you seeing version 1.03? I see it on the Platform X page but not the Pro X page. Please don't load the Platform X firmware into the Pro X. I'd hate for you to "brick" your Pro X and have to send it back to Icon...

I got it through Eko, the italian distributor of icon, they got it directly from icon.
it is labled as Qcon proX firmware

sorry the dumb question, i am new to mixbus 32c where do i find the midi logger you mentioned?

Window Menu -> MIDI tracer

(05-12-2017, 10:43 AM)superb Wrote: Window Menu -> MIDI tracer

thank you,
you are very helpfull

David

So i tested the 1.03 user define firmware, faders and operation is fine, but no timecode.

so i'am fiddeling with the midi translator now.

what message do i have to set to be able to switch on and off equilizer per track, (i can access the eq setting with my qcon pro X, but not turn it on or off)

is there a way to controll high and lowpass filter settings and lowpass filter on/ off too?

what is the right midi setting for the modifieres: command/ctrl, alt?

thank you all

Presently there is no EQ on/off, so you will need to use the mouse for this. I know Ben has been working on some MCU improvements, but I don't know if this will be fixed in the next update or not. LP/LP filters are available in the compressor section by pressing "Instrument".

I had to remap only two or three buttons for studio one mode to match.

(05-13-2017, 12:41 PM)superb Wrote: Presently there is no EQ on/off, so you will need to use the mouse for this. I know Ben has been working on some MCU improvements, but I don't know if this will be fixed in the next update or not. LP/LP filters are available in the compressor section by pressing "Instrument".

I had to remap only two or three buttons for studio one mode to match.

ok thanks,
can you tell me better how to access HP/LP Filter, by pressing instrument, which should be a 4F note, mixbus shows me my midi tracks.

What mode/template is the Qcon set to?

Have any of you had crashes whilst mixing on the Pro X on Mixbus?

I twice had the faders stop responding on touch and mixbus froze completely when I tried to restart it.

Trying it on mixbus 4.1 and plugging into my pc's USB 3 port seems to have stabilised it.