Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Icon Qcon Pro X and Mixbus 32C thread
(05-06-2017, 07:55 AM)superb Wrote: I contacted Icon support about this. You need to download the 1.02. (User define) firmware and load it into the Qcon. This will allow you to load in a map created in imap. Unfortunately, this doesn't work very well. Fader movement was slow/erratic and their was no timecode display. I quickly reverted back to the latest firmware and the setup in my first post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi, thanks for your answer.

how do you set up outgoing messages on the Bome MIDI translator Classic Edition software?
how do you set the right values, with a midi keyboard?

what virtual midi port software do you use?
Windows 11, 64 GB Ram, AMD Ryzen 3900XT, Nvidia 2700 Super 8 Gb,
Focusrite Clarett 4Pre USB.

Ableton Live, Mixbus 32c, Studio One Pro
You may use the virtual output in the bone program. In mixbus, set this as the "control surface sends via". The "control surfaces receives via" is set to the Icon Qcon Pro X. If you download the map I created (above), it will be configured for use with the Qcon in studio one mode with the studio one template.

(05-08-2017, 09:09 AM)superb Wrote: You may use the virtual output in the bone program. In mixbus, set this as the "control surface sends via". The "control surfaces receives via" is set to the Icon Qcon Pro X. If you download the map I created (above), it will be configured for use with the Qcon in studio one mode with the studio one template.

the bone program doesn't show me any virtual midi out... i'am running it still in demo mode though...

It's there, when I get home I'll check to see how it's accessed

(03-27-2017, 08:08 PM)superb Wrote:
(03-27-2017, 04:20 PM)tedma Wrote: Thanks for your time on this. I am considering this unit as well.

You're welcome. All of these years of easily finding reviews and product info.. looks like I got to be one of the guinea pigs for this time.

Overall I am very happy with it. There are a few quirks being that there isn't full support by Harrison or Icon (yet, hopefully someday) , but to me they are minor considering the quality of the product and the functionality gained. I am hopeful that these minor inconveniences will be ironed out in the future.

I bought an Icon ProX too, and reading this post,I must thank you up to the year of 2050 at least for the ' studio one hint'; I was very sad 'cause when I lauched my new MB32C V4 yesterday I just got the 'play, stop and master fader' working... no faders.
But now, when I setted my Pro X /studio one and saw faders moving I became a child with a big icecream. But the master led meter is still not showing ( just the other 8 ones).. Do you have this issue? In Reaper it is dead too. I'm in contact with people from Icon too.
They sent me a beta firmware 1.,11(attached) if you wanna try -but still did not worked- besides some irritating 'tickling' in the fader's pots they're trying to solve since I bought it. ( it is a general issue, not just mine).
People from Icon are nice, but too slow in answering. .. guess I picked up the bad habit of having the best support in the world here with Harrison people,.. lol
Cheers

Attached Files
.zip   QCON_PRO_X_V1.11 (1).zip (Size: 19.23 KB / Downloads: 7)
(05-08-2017, 09:45 AM)Soundivad Wrote:
(05-08-2017, 09:09 AM)superb Wrote: You may use the virtual output in the bone program. In mixbus, set this as the "control surface sends via". The "control surfaces receives via" is set to the Icon Qcon Pro X. If you download the map I created (above), it will be configured for use with the Qcon in studio one mode with the studio one template.

the bone program doesn't show me any virtual midi out... i'am running it still in demo mode though...

I'm using the "Classic" version of Bome's MIDI translator. For MIDI out devices, you should be able to select "Bome MIDI translator 1" from the MIDI out menu. In the "Options" menu, make sure "MIDI Thru" is checked. Make sure you set this up before starting Mixbus. You may need to enable "Bome MIDI translator 1" as a MIDI device in Mixbus.

(05-08-2017, 04:45 PM)Tony Pelosi Wrote: I bought an Icon ProX too...

Thanks and you're welcome! I have tried the 1.11 firmware but didnt notice any difference. My Pro X does make some ticking noises, but they are quiet enough that it usually does not bother me. Seems like Icon said somewhere that the issue with the master leds is that most DAW's have not implemented this feature yet. Despite these shortcomings, I'm very happy with it.

Yes, Icon support is very slow. I submitted a help request on their website and waited a couple of weeks before reaching out to them of facebook. Their rep on facebook responded very quickly and within a couple of days I had a response from their tech support department.

I'm really loving this thing now that Mixbus can run lua scripts. I've found that if you add one as "EditorAction", it shows up in the list of functions that can be assigned to any of a MCU devices push buttons! How cool is that!
(05-08-2017, 08:28 PM)superb Wrote:
(05-08-2017, 09:45 AM)Soundivad Wrote:

I'm using the "Classic" version of Bome's MIDI translator. For MIDI out devices, you should be able to select "Bome MIDI translator 1" from the MIDI out menu. In the "Options" menu, make sure "MIDI Thru" is checked. Make sure you set this up before starting Mixbus. You may need to enable "Bome MIDI translator 1" as a MIDI device in Mixbus.

(05-08-2017, 04:45 PM)Tony Pelosi Wrote: I bought an Icon ProX too...

Thanks and you're welcome! I have tried the 1.11 firmware but didnt notice any difference. My Pro X does make some ticking noises, but they are quiet enough that it usually does not bother me. Seems like Icon said somewhere that the issue with the master leds is that most DAW's have not implemented this feature yet. Despite these shortcomings, I'm very happy with it.

Yes, Icon support is very slow. I submitted a help request on their website and waited a couple of weeks before reaching out to them of facebook. Their rep on facebook responded very quickly and within a couple of days I had a response from their tech support department.

I'm really loving this thing now that Mixbus can run lua scripts. I've found that if you add one as "EditorAction", it shows up in the list of functions that can be assigned to any of a MCU devices push buttons! How cool is that!

where did you get the 1.11 Firmware?

Icon offers it if you have a support ticket with them, but I didn't notice any changes in operation from 1.09.

I got a new user define firmware from icon.
I will test some customization with imap this weekend.

does somebody know where i can find, a mixbus 32c controller, midi layout chart?

thanks

The easiest thing to do is edit the existing Logic Pro map and save it under a different name and then load the user define firmware along with your new map. I was not pleased with the fader response and lack of timecode display in this mode so I am still running it as described in the first post of this thread.