Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus Essentials for Linux
The Essentials plugin pack was once included with Mixbus for Linux. I cannot find anything about it on the purchase site. Is this still included with all Linux version purchases? I am only asking because a friend wanted to know, and I really was not able to find out from the purchase page. My purchase included it, which was a very nice bonus! Smile

On a Bb note, your purchase page also states the plugins only work with Mixbus and MB32C. Well, this needs to be corrected as we all know (well those of us who pay attention) they are also available with Ardour now, with proper licensing of course.
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 w/AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor 32GB RAM
M-Audio Delta 1010 / Echo AudioFire 12
Mixbus v7.x on Fedora 33 64bit
(02-07-2017, 01:35 AM)Lexridge Wrote: On a Bb note, your purchase page also states the plugins only work with Mixbus and MB32C. Well, this needs to be corrected as we all know (well those of us who pay attention) they are also available with Ardour now, with proper licensing of course.

Only on systems which know LV2, but there for everything which can use LV2 plugins. However, you must purchase Mixbus to get the LV2s, you can't purchase them separately.
MM
(02-07-2017, 03:12 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote: Only on systems which know LV2, but there for everything which can use LV2 plugins. However, you must purchase Mixbus to get the LV2s, you can't purchase them separately.
MM

I am pretty certain that is not the case MMM. Whenever I build Ardour for Linux from source code, it creates a file named harrison_lv2s-n.linux64.zip and then installs the LV2s alongside the Ardour LV2s.
As far as i remember only the GVerb+ was free for Linux users. I don't know if it's still the case.
And yes, the LV2s are included with Ardour5.
(02-07-2017, 11:07 AM)youki Wrote: As far as i remember only the GVerb+ was free for Linux users. I don't know if it's still the case.
And yes, the LV2s are included with Ardour5.

Yea, that is what it was. It was not the full Essentials, just GVerb+. Thank you youki.
The GV+ plugin was originally free on linux. We later added more controls ( predelay, and input filtering as I recall ), and it became a paid add-on with the other "Essentials". If you have the old version, it will probably still work in latest Mixbus and Ardour.

Ardour (and Mixbus v4) includes a suite of simple plugins, including a reverb: "a-reverb". So it's no longer necessary to provide a basic reverb on linux.

-Ben
Thanks Ben.
(02-07-2017, 12:05 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: The GV+ plugin was originally free on linux. We later added more controls ( predelay, and input filtering as I recall ), and it became a paid add-on with the other "Essentials". If you have the old version, it will probably still work in latest Mixbus and Ardour.

Cool, I didn't know that.

I still have an old no longer used Mixbus 2.5 here, where GVerb+ was included for free if I remember correctly. But it was installed automatically inside of Mixbus, not as a a separate install. How can I "extract" GV+ from MB 2.5 and use it with MB 3.6 (or MB 4 in a short while)?
Somewhere inside the application bundle you should find an "LV2" folder with the various plugins.

Please note, though, that we haven't tried this here, so I can't guarantee that it will work. For one thing, it will likely conflict with the settings of the newer GVerb+; for that matter, I'm not sure what will happen if you try to install both; the new one is backwards compatible with the old settings, but the reverse is almost certainly not true.

On second thought, I'd discourage you from trying it Smile
(02-07-2017, 11:07 AM)youki Wrote: And yes, the LV2s are included with Ardour5.

Oh, didn't know that... Still, that means you can use them with anything which knows LV2, it's just a matter of path setting (like with /opt/Mixbus-xx/lib/LV2)
MMM