Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AV Linux 2016.8.30 with Mixbus 3.6 Released!
(09-02-2016, 09:45 AM)GMaq Wrote: Hi fellow Mixbussers

Just passing on the release of AV Linux 2016.8.30 with Mixbus 3.6 and Ardour 5.3.0 all set up on a ready-to-run platform!
http://bandshed.net/forum/index.php?topic=3827

Best Regards and thanks to Ben (and Mike for the fancy new wallpapers!)

Glen
Curious if the hydrogen drumkits, patterns and hydrogen songs
created in older hydrogen versions (9.4x 9.5x early 9.6x etc) can be loaded in
the Hydrogen contained in your current release?
Cheers
Hi,

Sorry, busy weekend, I missed this post. I have not done extensive testing of this, I can only tell you that my own Hydrogen AVL Drumkits are intended to work on all versions, I've gotten away from H2 lately but if time permits I'll try opening some old projects and see if they work.
(09-26-2016, 09:56 AM)GMaq Wrote: Hi,

Sorry, busy weekend, I missed this post. I have not done extensive testing of this, I can only tell you that my own Hydrogen AVL Drumkits are intended to work on all versions, I've gotten away from H2 lately but if time permits I'll try opening some old projects and see if they work.
Being busy sure beats the alternatives!
Can I use Bitwig with AVLinux?
Bitwig works flawlessly on my computer running the latest version of AVLinux.
* Mixbus 32C 3.6 | Mixbus 3.6 | AV Linux 2016.8.30
Great! I'm demoing the DAW right now and I'm loving it. I just wanted to know before I spend cash. It has great tools the workflow is easy but it is making me to read the manual and watch tutorial video. More or less I loved this DAW.
Yes, Bitwig is awesome for songwriting and production. Can't beat Mixbus when it comes to mixing though. :-)
* Mixbus 32C 3.6 | Mixbus 3.6 | AV Linux 2016.8.30
(09-19-2016, 07:37 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(09-19-2016, 07:40 AM)GMaq Wrote: OK it appears the 'Ubuntuzilla' repo (provides 3rd party Mozilla builds of Firefox and Thunderbird) is misbehaving (or down), what if we comment it out:

LOL I could have come to that myself... anyway, that works, thank you again. Now I can take my "real" laptop into holidays instead of the kids' Windows thing Smile

Cheers,
MMM

Update: reactivated the apt-list entry for Ubuntuzilla, it still complains about missing stuff but doesn't fail apt-get update/upgrade or Synaptic anymore. However, Firefox is not updated. Is there any better repo we can use instead?

Cheers,
MMM
Do you know this one: http://mozilla.debian.net/
(10-10-2016, 05:32 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(09-19-2016, 07:37 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(09-19-2016, 07:40 AM)GMaq Wrote: OK it appears the 'Ubuntuzilla' repo (provides 3rd party Mozilla builds of Firefox and Thunderbird) is misbehaving (or down), what if we comment it out:

LOL I could have come to that myself... anyway, that works, thank you again. Now I can take my "real" laptop into holidays instead of the kids' Windows thing Smile

Cheers,
MMM

Update: reactivated the apt-list entry for Ubuntuzilla, it still complains about missing stuff but doesn't fail apt-get update/upgrade or Synaptic anymore. However, Firefox is not updated. Is there any better repo we can use instead?

Cheers,
MMM

Hi,

Wow that is weird, Are you selecting the 'firefox-mozilla-build' package in Synaptic and updating it? Firefox can't update itself, it has to be done through Synaptic. It is working that way here.

The post above by rutsch is also an alternative that works, in the past they didn't support 'oldstable' Debian versions but since AVL is based on Debian Testing now it is probably a viable alternative to the mozilla builds.

I have to say in general the frequency of browser and flash updates required is getting beyond ridiculous...