Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AVLinux 2016 is available now
64 bit or 32 bit? gcc-4.9 or gcc-5? Questions, questions. And now with answers in: http://bandshed.net/pdf/AVL2016.3UserManual.pdf

Nice job GMaq..

best, john
Congrats
Cool news, thanks!
Good morning guys, I have managed to download the AV Linux but I couldn't be able to install it yesterday on vmware virtual. Every time I start the installation, it is asking me to enter a username and password. Did I do something wrong or something?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
(03-26-2016, 02:09 AM)BHBstudio Wrote: Good morning guys, I have managed to download the AV Linux but I couldn't be able to install it yesterday on vmware virtual. Every time I start the installation, it is asking me to enter a username and password. Did I do something wrong or something?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

The user name and password are in the iso filename as described under "Downloads" at the bottom of this page Smile

http://www.bandshed.net/2016/03/23/avl2016/
Thanks Domino. I'm just checking it and it is very interesting. Now I will buy just one i7 laptop just to mess with this Linux. Interesting how clean this OS is yet always Microsoft getting crappier year by year. You have no idea how many times windows 10 refused to start on bootcamp.
Great distro! I was spinning live dvd for month ,testing it before installing it on my desktop and laptop,few days ago.I have bought Mixbus3 version right after that No more need to customize Debian install for my music. AVLinux is just what I need.After reformating HD from Gparted live cd to ext4,and making partition bootable install worked like charm
If you make your own live system from your harddisk install and include user data, you can put it on a fast USB3 stick, even if it exceeds the 4GB limitation you have for iso systems. + you can include your harrison licenses into this system.
Use the included Systemback for writing to the bootable stick. The live system then loads super fast into the RAM and runs also super fast from there, beating every SSD. I was blown away seeing it booting up like this in the studio, directly into a session with Mixbus opened. Linux and Mixbus is a great combination. Stable, fast, safe, reduced to what you really need and greatly customizable...love it.
I did not even need an additional harddisk to test things out in my computer at home, where i prepared a custom AVLinux. I installed it into a VirtualBox VM on a virtual hd in Win8.1. I did not get functional guest additions in VirtualBox, but you can mount the virtual HD in other systems to exchange data, live system ISOs etc...
Great possibilities.
(05-02-2016, 01:21 AM)smallbutfine Wrote: If you make your own live system from your harddisk install and include user data, you can put it on a fast USB3 stick, even if it exceeds the 4GB limitation you have for iso systems. + you can include your harrison licenses into this system.
Use the included Systemback for writing to the bootable stick. The live system then loads super fast into the RAM and runs also super fast from there, beating every SSD.

I've always wondered how to make these Live images, found a lot of instructions but I can't remember finding one that actually worked for me.

Are you using Systemback for this ?
instructions would be welcome (or a link to those instructions).
MIX3US 32C | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 | Debian GNU/Linux with OpenBox
[Image: 4280.png]
(05-02-2016, 11:03 AM)Patrick Kox Wrote: I've always wondered how to make these Live images, found a lot of instructions but I can't remember finding one that actually worked for me.

Are you using Systemback for this ?
instructions would be welcome (or a link to those instructions).

Your on linux : disk dump the iso on a usb stick ?

dd if=isofile of=/dev/stick ?

I often see all kind of tools around, but old mighty dd does the trick i think

regards
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1