Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AVLinux 2016 is available now
(11-07-2016, 12:13 PM)BHBstudio Wrote: I downloaded the new version but the password is not working for me

AV LINUX LiveISO LOGIN :

Login Username and Password Required:
AV Linux 2016 now requires a login to the LiveISO, previous versions used an auto-login. When the LiveISO finishes booting and proceeds into the SliM login screen you will need to enter the following Username and Password:
AV Linux 32bit :
Username: isotester
Password: avl32
AV Linux 64bit :
Username: isotester
Password: avl64
* Please note: A “Root” or Administrator account Password is not provided on the LiveISO for security

Copied from the man page

worked for me : maybe you have the ..

Siyo katika kiswahili bwana !!

Kwa heri
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
hahahaha Thanks Frank you are right. Actually it was an old laptop which I found from the toilet and there was a key which was not working and it was keep rebooting me as if I wrote the wrong password which I did. Now I'm cleaning up the keyboard.
(11-07-2016, 01:13 PM)BHBstudio Wrote: hahahaha Thanks Frank you are right. Actually it was an old laptop which I found from the toilet and there was a key which was not working and it was keep rebooting me as if I wrote the wrong password which I did. Now I'm cleaning up the keyboard.

Vizuri !

Ungekisafisha kabla kuanza kazi ;0

Kwa heri
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
After I installed Fedora. Other OS looks so 1990. Why did AVLinux chose Debian?
The visual arts and gui choices in most major linux versions are in your control,
a few hours of eye-candy tastings can totally transform your workflow
and enjoyment, so the stability and performance of the underlying system should be
a high priority. Typically, there will be more effort and passage of time
to maintain non-debian audio systems, since most audio apps appear
as debian packages first. And compiling those apps from source
for use in other distros has a learning curve
which some musicians wish to avoid.

Historically, a lot of early progress in linux audio arrived via CCRMA for redhat
derivatives, various early debian/ubuntu studio distros, focused live-cd releases
like dyne:bolic, and Jacklab for Suse (which pioneered the wineasio system).

It's not hard to change the outward appearance of AVlinux or Fedora
and it is not easy for a new linux user to craft a fully functioning
media studio. As it is, we are spoiled with great choices, and more are
always on the way.

Here is a list giving the scope of just one aspect of the linux community:

https://livecdlist.com/
Cheers
(11-16-2016, 12:36 PM)BHBstudio Wrote: After I installed Fedora. Other OS looks so 1990.

The Desktop manager is entirely separate from the distribution. It's just the default of Fedora vs the default of AVLinux.

AVLinux deliberately chose a Desktop environment that is lean and needs very few resources. Besides it does not really matter does it? Start Mixbus full-screen and the desktop env itself makes no difference at all Cool

FWIW, default for Debian is gnome3, just like Fedora, give or take some theme colors.

(11-16-2016, 12:36 PM)BHBstudio Wrote: Why did AVLinux chose Debian?

In AVlinux' case that's mostly historical. Although for a small team building and maintaining a stable dedicated distro it makes lot more sense for both technical and packaging policy reasons to base it off Debian.
(11-16-2016, 12:36 PM)BHBstudio Wrote: After I installed Fedora. Other OS looks so 1990. Why did AVLinux chose Debian?

Hi,

As stated AV Linux uses XFCE4 which is a much leaner environment than Gnome3. Also the default theme of AV Linux is intended to be familiar, functional and easy to read, but if you looked around you would see that AV Linux includes several optional system and window manager themes to choose from, if you don't like the default theme simply change it!

Secondly I have to chuckle a bit, the default themes in AV Linux are actually the most popular and downloaded themes from gnome-look.org which is the go-to place for those who want to check out optional themes, if you think AV Linux is so 1990 then check out a vanilla install of Debian with the default XFCE theming, there is a significant difference.. Wink