Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I think Mixbus crashes on Windows
thank you Ben. As you can see, it's not a serious pb for Ardour's users but for MBs customers.
Quote: it acts like a DAW with Alzheimer's Big Grin (it doesn't remember the new sample rate, even though you saved the project with the new settings).
Big Grin
Thanks for the reply Ben. On a different subject; is it just mine, or has anybody else noticed that the correlation meter seems a bit jumpy (even with no audio being played).
Is it normal for the yellowish region of the meter (mono area)to be visible as soon as mixbus is started?
It was not visible on v2, so I don't know if it is a new feature in v3.

Jouvert
Mixbus/Windows- VST Plugins
(07-18-2015, 08:01 AM)PascalC Wrote: As you can see, it's not a serious pb for Ardour's users but for MBs customers.

I confirm Ardour 4 works perfectly on my machine (ASIO), no bugs.
WIN7 64 - Eleven Rack or Roland quad capture.
We must face the facts, Mixbus 3 should never have come out to the public quickly.
Even if it works "good" in some users, for the majority Mixbus 3 is not working properly, sorry.
Thierry - France/Suisse
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eleven rack - M-Audio audiophile 2496 / Hoonteck DSP24 - Tracktion 6 - Mixbus 3 - Mixbus 2.5 - KXStudio
(07-18-2015, 08:41 AM)Thierry_FR Wrote: I confirm Ardour 4 works perfectly on my machine (ASIO), no bugs.

This is very weird. The Audio-Engine code is 100% identical and Mixbus and Ardour are also built using the same system. The ASIO back-end should behave exactly the same.

Are you sure that it's 100 reproducible? Some systems show intermittent behavior. As Ben noted the rapid scan of available samplerates sometimes works, sometimes does not.

Waves Tracks Live is also using identical code (but has a different configuration GUI).

That being said. there are known issues for all of them for some soundcards & systems.
Yet with two big companies on the case chances are good that things will be resolved.
I hope that no one took my 'Alzheimer's" joke seriously. There was no Mal- intent. i just used the term metaphorically, as a way to describe what I observed happening in my system.
So my apologies to the developers or anyone else, if that is how it was perceived.
Jouvert
(07-18-2015, 08:18 AM)Jouvert Wrote: has anybody else noticed that the correlation meter seems a bit jumpy
Jouvert

Hell ya. I'm using unregistered version of x42
I really admired the developer. He is totally genius. His products are precise
I just blew my studio monitor the other day so I will be short on cash. Otherwise those plugin would be mine.
[img][Image: Screenshot_2015_07_19_00_43_37.jpg][/img]

I like that the meter even follows when I go to Edit. Like any plugin.
I reinstalled my Eleven Rack driver now version 1.1.10 and started getting crashes. I couldn't record and when I managed to get a take down it was out of sync. Then I remembered this very important tweak.

Start/Control Panel/Sound/
For each entry under Playback and Recording of your interface select properties.
Under device usage select: Don't use this device (disable)

... just finished a tracking session without a single issue.
Hi BHB Studio, great you see the jumpy meter also, so i am not crazy.
Yes x42 plugins are great. The free organ VSTi sounds like it could replace the one I currently use.
Have you tried his free plugin - Stereo route( I believe). He recommended it to me in my thread (Things I would like to see in MB v3.1) and i made use of it just last night, where I used the swap channel function.

Keep the levels low on those speakers bro

Jouvert
MB3 offered, (saw, found, showed) less audio engine sources than mb2.5 found and properly worked with.
Just got MB3. Same problem here - for some reason it keeps switching my RME audio driver to 44.1khz. It never accepts 48khz. Even when I manage to get RME to set 48khz at the session setup dialog, it just simply switches back to 44.1khz and I get the message, "Could not create session in 'projectdirectory'".

Gotta have 48khz, but guess I'm stuck here in the meantime. Need help.

Btw I managed to get a 44.1khz session going, and did some test comparisons. MB3 DEFINITELY sounds different from a neutral DAW. No plugins, no adulteration..just plain importing of the audio tracks and exporting the mix. The dynamics and transients seem to sit much better in MB3. Everything sounds clearer and each element seems to have its own place in the mix.