Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Online Manual
(07-23-2015, 01:49 PM)Mike@Harrison Wrote: Hi Bender. I'm sure going to really enjoy using Mixbus v3!

Mixbus and Ardour are complex software packages. We tried to make the Mixbus manual thorough enough to pull a basic mix together, but information is power so it wouldn't hurt to read up on Ardour.

(07-23-2015, 12:16 PM)Bender Wrote: I am for all practical purposes new to Mixbus having just purchased v3. (I purchased 1 and 2 but never used it.)

If I want to get a complete understanding of the "Ardour part" of Mixbus, is it all in this manual? Or do I need to refer to the Ardour 4 manual?

Thank you Mike.
Hi Ben,
I hope this is the right place to ask this question. Both MB and Ardour appear to use Firefox to open the manual. Is there a setting I can change to use a different browser? I use SlimJet and want to open the manual with that browser.

Thanks!
Darrel
Hi Darrel, Mixbus uses the "Default browser" set on your system. There is no way to change that selection within Mixbus.

Best,
-Ben
(07-25-2015, 07:33 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Hi Darrel, Mixbus uses the "Default browser" set on your system. There is no way to change that selection within Mixbus.

Best,
-Ben

Thanks Ben. Now I know where to go.Smile
Is it possible to get pdf files that only have the changes of a newer version?
Just for saving paper.
°°°
Mac Mini M1 --> RME Multiface II
MacBook Air M1
Thinkpad T430 16gb --> Ubuntustudio 64bit --> Multiface II / SoundDevices USBpre2
You can print individual pages by clicking on the printer icon in the upper right of each page. Unfortunately, as far an update log goes there is none.

(07-28-2015, 02:40 AM)knutzn Wrote: Is it possible to get pdf files that only have the changes of a newer version?
Just for saving paper.
(07-28-2015, 07:07 AM)Mike@Harrison Wrote: You can print individual pages by clicking on the printer icon in the upper right of each page. Unfortunately, as far an update log goes there is none.

(07-28-2015, 02:40 AM)knutzn Wrote: Is it possible to get pdf files that only have the changes of a newer version?
Just for saving paper.

Yes, an update log would be great.

thank you
°°°
Mac Mini M1 --> RME Multiface II
MacBook Air M1
Thinkpad T430 16gb --> Ubuntustudio 64bit --> Multiface II / SoundDevices USBpre2
Page 171 (PDF version)

[...]utility buses currently do NOT provide latency compensation.[...]you likely won’t find the delay bothersome.[...]the slight delay caused by the plug-in latency will probably be unnoticeable.[...]

Not the most complete advice on the subject. Maybe the following caveat would be appropriate, something along the lines of:

"If you do use parallel effects on a utility bus and you find that the sound inexplicably changes when exported, then you can try printing the output of the bus (recording in real time) to a track before exporting, in order to maintain the exact sound you are hearing and mixing with. Another method is to copy the source tracks and put the effects in question directly on the copied tracks."

The last sentence was an old PT trick.

- the koala
There is a message on the Harrison Consoles website when trying to open the online manual which states that it is no longer available. Will it be available in the future? If not, how do I get an updated version now?
New user here, just installed Mixbus 3 and naturally want to dive in and learn the program from top to bottom. Searched all over for a manual pdf, couldn't find one. Did a web search, clicked through to a Harrison link which said "not available." Clicked the link to the online manual on this thread, page says no longer available. So guess I'm screwed, huh? Smile