Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sidechaining external plugins in V3
sidechain-compression now easilySmile

yadi.sk/i/zz6[/align]WtsCQj4AQt

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

We asked using plugin not the built in compressor. let me ask you let say you wanted to send another a different kick drum as an effect to a synth, How are you gonna do it? call me when you have them 100% workable stage. till then, I will be happy with studio one and logic.
(09-01-2015, 09:28 AM)Jouvert Wrote: I still think that we should have a gate on every channel strip.
Some may argue that:
1) mixbus is already bogged down dspwise
2) How often would a gate be used by many people
But in keeping with the spirit of and analog console and workflow, I think that having a gate per channel it does make sense and once it's there, I am sure that a lot of people would find uses for it such as a simple de-esser for vocals, tightening up kick drum hits, and generally creating space in the mix etc.
I don't know how much more dsp it will take to implement these gates, but once mixbus is up and running correctly, i think that the next step should be to see if the dsp load could be reduced so as to give more overhead.
By the way, I am the one who said that not having a gate on every channel is just not civilized.

Jouvert

Jouvert, I don't think Harrison will bring the gate. In fact they strip down every thing from version 2. the side chain is 1980 just compare it to version 2. EQ is the same as version 2.5 you figured.
I like EQ... whats wrong with EQ?
I think it's very good sounding one.
I was able to get it to work in MB3 with ReaComp, which accepts a 3rd (and 4th) input to use as a signal.
It would be much cooler if the > thing had a list of mixbusses to which it should be fed, though.
(09-17-2015, 07:22 AM)Loop D Crook Wrote: I like EQ... whats wrong with EQ?
I think it's very good sounding one.
Not about the sound. Mixbus sound amazing hands down. I don't even open for discussion about the sound. at least 4 band with LPF would have been great. It is ok though, I have the mastering EQ and I can put it at anytime and anywhere. I'm just saying.
Hi,

Happy New Year!

I am new to Mixbus and was searching on the forum about using side chain in a third party plugin like Hornet Autogain. After reading this post I haven,t figured it out yet. Have anyone it working with Hornet Autogain plugin and can tell me how I can get it to work?

I am used to Logic Pro X where side chaining is really simple.

Thanks for support

Eagle.
small video
https://yadi.sk/i/KHKyGMYmnGayQ
Thanks Yriisem it is nice of you to creat a great tutorial. Here is my question, I have bx_dynEQ V2 and I really love to notch 60Hz out from Bass every time the kick hits. Now mixbus doesnt allow me even to add input port. Hell I dont even know if it gives me a latency problem since the aux bus doesnt support compensation.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
BHBstudio if processing is parallel, it is necessary to watch what frequencies will suffer and if isn't present, then likely it isn't critical.
https://yadi.sk/i/7tWEN_O5nGq7K

having looked at what delay the tire gives, then it is possible to compensate, in manual to shift a track (as option) https://yadi.sk/i/36n3pBHunHC2t