Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus 3 in AVlinux 6.04 problem GLIBC 2.15
FYI: The new "Interim Release" forum has a 32bit Linux package that works on AVLinux and other distro's with older GLIBC.
(07-22-2015, 09:48 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: FYI: The new "Interim Release" forum has a 32bit Linux package that works on AVLinux and other distro's with older GLIBC.

Thanks! It works now. I can't get my license for Harrison Mixbus 3.01 to attach in AVLinux 6.04, though. But I'm probably doing something wrong. I do things wrong sometimes, (for example, I have to use 2.5 (demo) - according to the 'Audio' menu - even though my name is attached when Mixbus 2.5 actually runs). The main thing is that Mixbus 3 (3.01) now runs on AVLinux 6.04 - and it runs well.

Congratulations!

best, john
Hi John,

With regard to the license key I'm not sure what to tell you, my key works as expected. Are you certain you have the key '.txt' file in your user's home folder before you launch MB3?

The launcher saying that the 2.5 version is a 'Demo Version' even after you register with your key is not Harrison's fault.. When I first started shipping the Mixbus 2.X demos in AV Linux there was some confusion that people were getting a full registered version on the LiveDVD, to clarify this I modified the Mixbus launcher to say 'Demo Version'. To make this go away the Mixbus launcher '.desktop' file in /usr/local/share/applications/ needs to be manually edited with a text editor (gedit for example)..
(07-23-2015, 06:00 PM)GMaq Wrote: ...
With regard to the license key I'm not sure what to tell you, my key works as expected. Are you certain you have the key '.txt' file in your user's home folder before you launch MB3?
Never could find the 'perfect' dir to start from (long before Harrison Mixbus and AVLinux). So when I get a program to work, I leave things alone. I'll keep trying, though. But I like to avoid bothering the Mixbus folks too often.

Quote:...modified the Mixbus launcher to say 'Demo Version'. To make this go away the Mixbus launcher '.desktop' file in /usr/local/share/applications/ needs to be manually edited with a text editor (gedit for example)..
Cool. I'll try when I login next time.

Thanks, john