Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any plans for another V9 update before V10 release?
Any news about v10? System requirements maybe? Old Harrison plugins will only work with ilok in the new version? The whole program maybe?
@Lese: Mixbus v10 won't require iLok.

System requirements will be largely the same. We might require a slightly newer macOS version if you want to use Dolby Atmos.

There will be 3 tiers: Mixbus, Mixbus Plus, and Mixbus Pro. All tiers will have the 32C EQ and full bussing!

That's enough hints for now....

-Ben
(04-02-2024, 08:58 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @Lese:    Mixbus v10 won't require iLok.

System requirements will be largely the same.  We might require a slightly newer macOS version if you want to use Dolby Atmos.

There will be 3 tiers:  Mixbus, Mixbus Plus, and Mixbus Pro.  All tiers will have the 32C EQ and full bussing!

That's enough hints for now....

-Ben

Now I got worried. What does this mean? So the old upgrade priced is no longer valid?

Hopefully Linux support and XT plugins will remain.
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7

@Ben: Thanks for the info. Personally, 32C EQ and full bussing is all I need. I use Mojave 10.14.6  (I have many 32bit peripherals). I hope one tier will support this system - for the time being at least.
Sounds like a new subscription model...
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.7
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
(04-02-2024, 11:59 AM)jeff_sloan Wrote: Sounds like a new subscription model...

1 level basic 32C eq
2 level additionally SSL eq
3 level Atmos
at each level the price doubles.

Will what Avid did to Pro Tools users happen here now? Which was pretty sad. That's when I stopped using Pro Tools.
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7

(03-04-2024, 11:31 PM)jeff_sloan Wrote: What OS are you on with the graphics issues, and, are you running 4k?

If you're asking about my issues, I'm on MacOS 13. I'm running the stock 16" screen with a secondary 27" 1440p monitor through a TB4 dock. And sometimes the UI gets a bit choppy and the program becomes slow to respond. And then I'll even get crashes after a while. It seems to be at least somewhat heat related. I have installed a fan control app so that i can spin the fans up sooner and it seems to help, but hasn't totally remedied it. Seems like once the proc gets to around 55-60 C things start to go down hill. And even if it stays in the upper 40's to low 50's for a long enough time things start to happen. And I realize this is a laptop. So the fact that it stays as cool as it does is pretty impressive. And I actually bought it just to see what the hype about the m-series processors was really about. I have a PC I built for using as a DAW. But this thing does just as well and it's nice to be back in the Mac ecosystem. I just like it better than windows. So I figure my next step is a Mac Studio. I'm waiting to see what the M3 version looks like and will probably get one of those or find a good deal on a refurbished m2.

FWIW when I started using mixbus around v1 or v2, I had a core2duo macbook pro. That thing lived at like 90+ C. Not sure how it survived. And things are vastly improved.
(03-05-2024, 05:13 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(03-04-2024, 11:28 PM)Matt Wrote: I think the issues are now come down to MS and Apple deciding they need to constantly update their OS's. And in doing so, provide more work for the software companies to try and provide support

That's undoubtedly true for Apple but if 'MS' stands for Microsoft, I think you're being a bit unkind there...

Admittedly Microsoft no longer supports 16-bit software but one of Windows great strengths has always been its backwards compatibility. I'm still running software here that I first bought in the days of Windows 95 (and still running perfectly almost 30 years later, in Windows 10 !!)

Or did Windows 11 change things? I've never tried it...

Yes I'm referring to Microsoft. And in my experience, since windows 8 or so, they have had regular updates. There are patches and hotfixes like normal. But then it seems every month there's an update with some kind of "added features", and then every six months or so a "version update". They're normally named like 24H1. Which would mean 2024 first half of the year. Then later there's a 24H2, for the second half of the year. Maybe W10 doesn't get these now since 11 is the newest version. I'm not sure. And honestly I can't say an update ever caused a problem for me. I'm not even sure exactly what's included in all the updates. But when you have a schedule like that, it seems to me you're adding/fixing things just to meet a schedule, instead of actually fixing things that need to be fixed and leaving well enough alone. But again I see both MS and Apple doing this.

And I too have really old windows boxes still chugging along. Most of mine are XP machines though. My earliest was a pentium 386 running windows 3.1. Anyway the XP machines have been unsupported for years now. If I still had my old G4 mac mini, I'm sure it would probably still be chugging away too. But the windows boxes were from a business who's POS software needed windows xp. The mac machines are my personal machines and when I upgrade I sell the old ones to recover some of my money. And honestly I have done alright doing that. Probably helps that I rarely buy my macs new. Anyway it is what it is, and both apple and MS are going to keep doing what they're doing. Regardless of what I think about it.
I got V9.2.172 now. Any newer V9's?  Anyword on V10 Release that's not an April fools joke?
Mini Mac i7, 3 GHz, 16GB RAM, OSX Monterey v12.6.5, 4 SSD drives, dual 27" displays. Mixbus 32C Latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie VLZ 1402 mixer and Mackie Mk3 8" monitors. Owner of LOGIC AUDIO PRODUCTIONS, Lake Havasu City, Arizona USA Cool
(04-06-2024, 06:03 PM)rdesanti Wrote: I got V9.2.172 now. Any newer V9's?  Anyword on V10 Release that's not an April fools joke?

v9.2.172 is the most current version available.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5