Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any plans for another V9 update before V10 release?
(02-25-2024, 08:37 PM)maestro777 Wrote: As an example, I've noted subtle issues when using 3rd party plugins that I've only seen as issues when running inside of MB. I own Addictive Drums 2 and when I load it I've noted that I the search field within AD2 when within Mixbus doesn't accept any text input from the keyboard so I can't quickly search for a specific drum kit by typing the text in the search filed. ...

I also own some Solid State Logic plugins and have seen the exact same issue e.g. using the SSL Native Channel Strip 2 plugin; and also noted in other plugins as well.

Btw, I'm on a Mac. So that's worth mentioning as well

Mixbus like many DAWs uses keyboard commands as shortcuts on the Mix and Edit etc... pages.
To enable text entry (keyboard attention) into a plugin, you may need to click on the keyboard icon top RHS of the UI.
When the icon is green it means the Plugin UI has the attention of your keyboard - when it is grey (default) then the keyboard is directed to Mixbus.

This applies across all three OS available to Mixbus.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(02-25-2024, 08:37 PM)maestro777 Wrote:
(02-23-2024, 07:14 PM)jeff_sloan Wrote: What do you mean better support for 3rd party plugins than other DAWs?

Work better with plugins than other DAWs do?

I guess just some examples.

I would love ARA support myself.
I would love SD3 to have ARA as well, but Harrison cant fix that.

Yeah, I guess that was a bit confusing now that I reviewed that comment after seeing you questioning it. What I mean is better support for 3rd party plugins "as" typically and generally other DAW's seem to have. 

As an example, I've noted subtle issues when using 3rd party plugins that I've only seen as issues when running inside of MB. I own Addictive Drums 2 and when I load it I've noted that I the search field within AD2 when within Mixbus doesn't accept any text input from the keyboard so I can't quickly search for a specific drum kit by typing the text in the search filed. To circumvent the issue, I have to type the text I want to use as search criteria in a text editor or notepad, copy it from there and then paste in AD2 to perform a search. In fact, more specifically I have to right-click and select paste b/c Ctrl + V won't even work.

I also own some Solid State Logic plugins and have seen the exact same issue e.g. using the SSL Native Channel Strip 2 plugin; and also noted in other plugins as well.

There are other types of anamolies I've noted with 3rd party plugins within Mixbus but I think what I've listed gives the general idea.

These aren't deal breaking problems b/c I've managed to find workarounds to the most relevant problems enough to still use the plugins. Still, to me this is a bit of a deterent to use Mixbus solely b/c my other DAW's work w/o issue. Notwithstanding I haven't seen any DAW that is 100% without issues with 3rd party plugins but I can deal with them as one off issues.

ARA support would be great but it's not critical for me.

[Image: source.gif]
Have you considered checking this out?
(02-26-2024, 06:30 AM)Studio Saturn Wrote: [Image: source.gif]

No I hadn't. Thanks to everyone who provided this suggestion. Btw, perhaps this is something I may have potentially missed but I've found quite a few areas of Mixbus that maybe I've termed as being issues b/c I never saw any mention or detailed description in the user manual. Could someone please provide a link to where this is actually documented? Or should I rely on fumbling through the UI and seeking tooltips?
iMac Pro 27, 3.2GHz 8-Core Intel XEON, 256GB RAM • iMac Pro 27, 3GHz 10-Core XEON, 64GB RAM • Apollo x8p, UAD Satellite Octo • Yamaha XF8 • KORG Oasis • OSX Monterey • OSX Ventura • MixBus 32c • Logic • StudioOne • Cubase
(02-26-2024, 06:30 AM)Studio Saturn Wrote:
(02-25-2024, 08:37 PM)maestro777 Wrote:
(02-23-2024, 07:14 PM)jeff_sloan Wrote: What do you mean better support for 3rd party plugins than other DAWs?

Work better with plugins than other DAWs do?

I guess just some examples.

I would love ARA support myself.
I would love SD3 to have ARA as well, but Harrison cant fix that.

Yeah, I guess that was a bit confusing now that I reviewed that comment after seeing you questioning it. What I mean is better support for 3rd party plugins "as" typically and generally other DAW's seem to have. 

As an example, I've noted subtle issues when using 3rd party plugins that I've only seen as issues when running inside of MB. I own Addictive Drums 2 and when I load it I've noted that I the search field within AD2 when within Mixbus doesn't accept any text input from the keyboard so I can't quickly search for a specific drum kit by typing the text in the search filed. To circumvent the issue, I have to type the text I want to use as search criteria in a text editor or notepad, copy it from there and then paste in AD2 to perform a search. In fact, more specifically I have to right-click and select paste b/c Ctrl + V won't even work.

There are other types of anamolies I've noted with 3rd party plugins within Mixbus but I think what I've listed gives the general idea.

These aren't deal breaking problems b/c I've managed to find workarounds to the most relevant problems enough to still use the plugins. Still, to me this is a bit of a deterent to use Mixbus solely b/c my other DAW's work w/o issue. Notwithstanding I haven't seen any DAW that is 100% without issues with 3rd party plugins but I can deal with them as one off issues.

ARA support would be great but it's not critical for me.

[Image: source.gif]

I second this for the plugins scan process. Every once in a while, some plugins (some Plugin Alliance stuff and others) will be marked as missing. starting the same project, I think I even got different results in the plugins scan procedure when I did it several times in a row. Seems like hit or miss...
Yeah it's an interesting time we're in. I think the issues are now come down to MS and Apple deciding they need to constantly update their OS's. And in doing so, provide more work for the software companies to try and provide support for the most common OS versions. And then you add in the shift from x86 to Arm based CPU's and things get even crazier. I'm honestly waiting on V10 just to see if it helps with the graphics issues my M1 Macbook Pro is having. If that happens, I may just lock this thing down on the most compatible OS and Mixbus version I find. And not worry about updates for a long time. But something tells the tech will keep moving, I'll want another computer sooner than later, and I'll be searching for the most compatible system I can put together at that point. They do say there's only two constants in life. Death and Taxes.
What OS are you on with the graphics issues, and, are you running 4k?
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.7
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
(03-04-2024, 11:28 PM)Matt Wrote: I think the issues are now come down to MS and Apple deciding they need to constantly update their OS's. And in doing so, provide more work for the software companies to try and provide support

That's undoubtedly true for Apple but if 'MS' stands for Microsoft, I think you're being a bit unkind there...

Admittedly Microsoft no longer supports 16-bit software but one of Windows great strengths has always been its backwards compatibility. I'm still running software here that I first bought in the days of Windows 95 (and still running perfectly almost 30 years later, in Windows 10 !!)

Or did Windows 11 change things? I've never tried it...
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(02-22-2024, 04:47 PM)Nathan@Harrison Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 08:20 AM)BSchmitty Wrote: Will there be another V9 32C update before V10 ?

new version comes out in March

Any updated ETA ?
(02-22-2024, 04:47 PM)Nathan@Harrison Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 08:20 AM)BSchmitty Wrote: Will there be another V9 32C update before V10 ?

new version comes out in March

I currently have v9.2.105 . Where do I find whats new in the 9.2.172 update? Or when will V10 DROP?
Mini Mac i7, 3 GHz, 16GB RAM, OSX Monterey v12.6.5, 4 SSD drives, dual 27" displays. Mixbus 32C Latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie VLZ 1402 mixer and Mackie Mk3 8" monitors. Owner of LOGIC AUDIO PRODUCTIONS, Lake Havasu City, Arizona USA Cool
Details about 9.2.172 in this thread…
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5