Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any plans for another V9 update before V10 release?
Hahaha! You guys are freakin' entertaining sometimes if nothing more  Big Grin 
Both sides of the coin are legit here.

I agree, more often than not folks (including myself at times) tend to want to jump at the "new new" all the time and probably for various reasons. I typically look for new releases in hopes that it provides more stability than the prior and definitely to fix noted bugs first and foremost. But to Tassy's point, more often than not the old issues are still there at worst or new ones are introduced. I've found this to be true for every software product I own.

And I also side with Tassy b/c I think without giving it much thought, a good many more folks just jump when they hear the word "new" simply b/c it's "new" which is not necessarily a good thing. And if you learn to mix or master on the old (bugs and all) by virtue of simply honing in on the essential skills of the art and dealing with the shortcoming of the software; placing more emphasis on the aspect of skill than looking for the new all the time. It actually benefits you much more. And I personally believe that this overall trend of excitement everytime the word new is mentioned is an engineered product of today's social media and marketing strategy that has many folks brainwashed.

It always benefits the companies far more than the consumers. I know folks that just gotta have a new iphone or android every time marketing flashes it in their face. Absolutely nothing wrong with the one they have but their minds are so conditioned that they do it without justification or thinking it through.

That said, I'm looking forward to "see" what benefits v10 will provide over the existing version and hopefully there will be reasonable justification to upgrade. But I'm looking at the upgrade rationally as to whether it will actually benefit or improve my experience, workflow and/or sound. Not b/c it's "new".

Going to get some popcorn now and continue watching the posts come in on this thread. Please don't let me down  Wink
iMac Pro 27, 3.2GHz 8-Core Intel XEON, 256GB RAM • iMac Pro 27, 3GHz 10-Core XEON, 64GB RAM • Apollo x8p, UAD Satellite Octo • Yamaha XF8 • KORG Oasis • OSX Monterey • OSX Ventura • MixBus 32c • Logic • StudioOne • Cubase
(02-23-2024, 09:35 AM)maestro777 Wrote: Hahaha! You guys are freakin' entertaining sometimes if nothing more  Big Grin 
Both sides of the coin are legit here.

I agree, more often than not folks (including myself at times) tend to want to jump at the "new new" all the time and probably for various reasons. I typically look for new releases in hopes that it provides more stability than the prior and definitely to fix noted bugs first and foremost. But to Tassy's point, more often than not the old issues are still there at worst or new ones are introduced. I've found this to be true for every software product I own.

And I also side with Tassy b/c I think without giving it much thought, a good many more folks just jump when they hear the word "new" simply b/c it's "new" which is not necessarily a good thing. And if you learn to mix or master on the old (bugs and all) by virtue of simply honing in on the essential skills of the art and dealing with the shortcoming of the software; placing more emphasis on the aspect of skill than looking for the new all the time. It actually benefits you much more. And I personally believe that this overall trend of excitement everytime the word new is mentioned is an engineered product of today's social media and marketing strategy that has many folks brainwashed.

It always benefits the companies far more than the consumers. I know folks that just gotta have a new iphone or android every time marketing flashes it in their face. Absolutely nothing wrong with the one they have but their minds are so conditioned that they do it without justification or thinking it through.

That said, I'm looking forward to "see" what benefits v10 will provide over the existing version and hopefully there will be reasonable justification to upgrade. But I'm looking at the upgrade rationally as to whether it will actually benefit or improve my experience, workflow and/or sound. Not b/c it's "new".

Going to get some popcorn now and continue watching the posts come in on this thread. Please don't let me down  Wink

Mix mix mix, Bah humbug!
?
Love Mixbus, but having to go back and forth from one DAW to another for creation, editing, and mixing is a pain in the tookus!

"New" for Mixbus these last few years brings new features making MB more capable as the one app to do it all in.

On the other hand, I guess I could pull out an old Gateway computer, put an OS on it that MS ended support for back in 2015, and tout that my studio is "vintage"!
Tongue
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.7
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
(02-23-2024, 09:55 AM)jeff_sloan Wrote: Mix mix mix, Bah humbug!
?
Love Mixbus, but having to go back and forth from one DAW to another for creation, editing, and mixing is a pain in the tookus!

"New" for Mixbus these last few years brings new features making MB more capable as the one app to do it all in.

Totally agree about switch between DAW's and I hate it too. But I'll gladly put out $100 if I'm wrong in saying the new version will still lack an adequate intuitive GUI  for MIDI editing and better support for 3rd party plugins vs. other DAW's. That is something that is going to take more than 1 "new" release to fix. 

That said, my point is as much I like MB as well; it's still not going to be able to be the single DAW solution that you're looking for. "Unless" your use isn't as extensive as others and you dont need as many functional features. I never said the "new" release wouldn't be viable.

(02-23-2024, 09:55 AM)jeff_sloan Wrote: On the other hand, I guess I could pull out an old Gateway computer, put an OS on it that MS ended support for back in 2015, and tout that my studio is "vintage"!
Tongue

Really??? That's quite an overkill of a statement to simply make a point my friend. I get it.
iMac Pro 27, 3.2GHz 8-Core Intel XEON, 256GB RAM • iMac Pro 27, 3GHz 10-Core XEON, 64GB RAM • Apollo x8p, UAD Satellite Octo • Yamaha XF8 • KORG Oasis • OSX Monterey • OSX Ventura • MixBus 32c • Logic • StudioOne • Cubase
I was referring to Windows 7 which ended maid support in 2015, not you. Smile
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
(02-23-2024, 07:01 PM)jeff_sloan Wrote: I was referring to Windows 7 which ended maid support in 2015, not you. Smile

My bad.  Cool
What do you mean better support for 3rd party plugins than other DAWs?

Work better with plugins than other DAWs do?

I guess just some examples.

I would love ARA support myself.
I would love SD3 to have ARA as well, but Harrison cant fix that.
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
It seems to me that some software houses confuse "better" with "different". The problem, as I see it, is that for development departments to justify their existence, they have to keep "improving" a product, even when it is already entirely fit for purpose. (Ebay?) This leads to headlines like "Brand New User Interface" which is the copywriter's way of saying "We've Introduced A New Learning Curve". Fortunately, I don't put Harrison in that group. I've been using 32C since it became available and I can see real world improvements in each and every version and upgrade. Granted, I've skipped the odd upgrade because it didn't improve my way of working, but that's always been an option. As it is, I'm looking forward to v10 if only because I'm expecting to see pre-post sends, which I asked for some time ago. As long as Harrison keeps adding REAL improvements I'm happy. When that stops I can always bail out.
For my mixing sessions I found Mixbus plugin support is much more superior than others. It is the DAW capable of running nomad factory plug-in. I love to use the SSL channel strip for drum. I can get faster result using that. That’s because of the adjustable Q value. Time to time I fiddle into Reason 12 and that DAW won’t support the plug-in of my choice. I have found Mixbus to be the opposite.
(02-23-2024, 07:14 PM)jeff_sloan Wrote: What do you mean better support for 3rd party plugins than other DAWs?

Work better with plugins than other DAWs do?

I guess just some examples.

I would love ARA support myself.
I would love SD3 to have ARA as well, but Harrison cant fix that.

Yeah, I guess that was a bit confusing now that I reviewed that comment after seeing you questioning it. What I mean is better support for 3rd party plugins "as" typically and generally other DAW's seem to have. 

As an example, I've noted subtle issues when using 3rd party plugins that I've only seen as issues when running inside of MB. I own Addictive Drums 2 and when I load it I've noted that I the search field within AD2 when within Mixbus doesn't accept any text input from the keyboard so I can't quickly search for a specific drum kit by typing the text in the search filed. To circumvent the issue, I have to type the text I want to use as search criteria in a text editor or notepad, copy it from there and then paste in AD2 to perform a search. In fact, more specifically I have to right-click and select paste b/c Ctrl + V won't even work.

I also own some Solid State Logic plugins and have seen the exact same issue e.g. using the SSL Native Channel Strip 2 plugin; and also noted in other plugins as well.

There are other types of anamolies I've noted with 3rd party plugins within Mixbus but I think what I've listed gives the general idea.

These aren't deal breaking problems b/c I've managed to find workarounds to the most relevant problems enough to still use the plugins. Still, to me this is a bit of a deterent to use Mixbus solely b/c my other DAW's work w/o issue. Notwithstanding I haven't seen any DAW that is 100% without issues with 3rd party plugins but I can deal with them as one off issues.

ARA support would be great but it's not critical for me.

Btw, I'm on a Mac. So that's worth mentioning as well
(02-24-2024, 05:52 AM)ROG Wrote: It seems to me that some software houses confuse "better" with "different". The problem, as I see it, is that for development departments to justify their existence, they have to keep "improving"  a product, even when it is already entirely fit for purpose. (Ebay?) This leads to headlines like "Brand New User Interface" which is the copywriter's way of saying "We've Introduced A New Learning Curve". Fortunately, I don't put Harrison in that group. I've been using 32C since it became available and I can see real world improvements in each and every version and upgrade. Granted, I've skipped the odd upgrade because it didn't improve my way of working, but that's always been an option. As it is, I'm looking forward to v10 if only because I'm expecting to see pre-post sends, which I asked for some time ago. As long as Harrison keeps adding REAL improvements I'm happy. When that stops I can always bail out.

Yes, I for one agree with this.