Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolby/Atmos coming to Mixbus

Ok, so the NAMM e-mail revealed that v10 will get workflows for Dolby/Atmos (and I'm guessing other multichannel options).
I think this is such great news!
And Mixbus seems like a natural DAW to do this kind of work in, the console style. Can't wait to try it out.

Really looking forward to the "new premium processing tools" as well. 
I wonder what they are.
Personally I'm hoping for a de-clicker for mouth sounds (either built-in or as an XT plugin), even though I'd be really surprised to get one there. I just need it all the time.

Anyone else excited about the news?
What are you hoping for in v10?
(01-11-2024, 04:29 AM)krans Wrote: Personally I'm hoping for a de-clicker for mouth sounds (either built-in or as an XT plugin), even though I'd be really surprised to get one there. I just need it all the time.
I second that..... but add de-pop as well.

(01-11-2024, 04:29 AM)krans Wrote: Anyone else excited about the news?
What are you hoping for in v10?

Yes looking forward to it
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
will for sure check it out...
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
Looking forward to seeing v10 with the new features
Regards,

Thomas

Conf : win 10, i7 7820x 3.60 GHz, 32 G ram, HD sata, rme ufx.
I also hope that there are improvements for editing tasks, automation and so on, I seriously think that it is a very weak point in mixbus, although I don't know if the problem comes from arduor since I have not used it, normally it is difficult to work fluently due to the behavior erratic when working with the mouse on curves or points. greetings
I've got my fingers crossed that V10 will introduced MIDI "freezing" (with an "unfreezing" option).  I gather it's been worked on so I'm hoping it will be ready for prime time!
Automated stretching of audio to follow tempo changes.
I know that Dolby Atmos supports 5.1 / 7.1 etc but how many recorded channels does it need? I've just been reading on Google that most mobile phones support Dolby Atmos but surely they've only 2 x audio channels available  Huh
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(01-15-2024, 03:16 AM)johne53 Wrote: I know that Dolby Atmos supports 5.1 / 7.1 etc but how many recorded channels does it need? I've just been reading on Google that most mobile phones support Dolby Atmos but surely they've only 2 x audio channels available  Huh

Dolby Atmos itself does not have a fixed number of recorded channels, as it is an object-based audio technology. It allows audio to be treated as individual objects, each with its own position and movement in a three-dimensional space.

In the case of mobile phones equipped with headphones, Dolby Atmos delivers a binaural render, aiming to deliver a three-dimensional audio experience using only two audio channels. This technique leverages head-related transfer functions (HRTFs) to simulate the way sound interacts with our ears, producing a sense of direction and space even without dedicated speakers. While Dolby Atmos content can technically contain up to 128 audio objects, it only requires the two-channel format to deliver the immersive effect on mobile devices.
Intel | Ventura | www.brownsound.net
Interesting stuff Brownsound and thanks for the explanation...

(01-15-2024, 03:36 AM)Brownsound Wrote: While Dolby Atmos content can technically contain up to 128 audio objects, it only requires the two-channel format to deliver the immersive effect on mobile devices.

So I wonder how many 'tracks' it'll need within the digital domain - i.e. while still in the DAW? Does each object need to occupy a track of its own  Huh

Or does Atmos 'create' the objects according to their position in the audio space?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!