Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass flow plugin now via SSL
Harrison Bass flow plugin just appeared in SSL's plugin manager and is now included on the SSL web site.

And SSL sending out emails bundling SSL Guitar strip with Harrison Bass flow for 39.99 !!
(08-29-2023, 02:28 PM)simonzc Wrote: Harrison Bass flow plugin just appeared in SSL's plugin manager and is now included on the SSL web site.

And SSL sending out emails bundling SSL Guitar strip with Harrison Bass flow for 39.99 !!

eMail I got today:
=======================
FREE Bass Flow Update and FREE iLok Upgrade – Coming Soon!
Harrison recently joined the Solid State Logic family, and to say we’ve found our new favorite production partner is an understatement. We’re excited to bring the best of Nashville and Oxford together, developing amazing new production tools for artists, producers, and engineers. 

As an existing Harrison Bass Flow customer, we wanted to let you know that you will soon be able to claim a FREE Bass Flow iLok upgrade, that also includes support for Apple silicon.

In the next few days, we’ll be sending you a detailed email outlining the steps to take to claim your free upgrade. So keep an eye on your inbox!
======================

Looks like Mixbus gets infested with that iLok pest! Thank you SSL!
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
Note that Linux users will still have the old text file authorisation in place.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(08-29-2023, 06:18 PM)Dingo Wrote: Note that Linux users will still have the old text file authorisation in place.

Good to hear - what about the Windows- and Mac- users? Will they be forced to use iLok?
MMM
Linux throughout!

Hopefully,  iLok will not be needed for Windows 10 as well as Linux. I have two systems. One is Win10, the other is AVL-MXE. 
Hey Max,
Thanks for asking the iLok question.
Hope You are well.
Alex
Win10 64 i5 3330 Quad Core, AVL/MXE i5, MB 3-9, MB32C 3-9, Tascam US 20x20(2), Tascam 388, Alesis HD24, Alesis ML 9600(2), A&H GL2400, Soundcraft Studio Spirit 24, Roland Integra7, Roland S-50, M-Audio Hammer 88, ART/ MPA Gold/ TPSII/Pro Channel(2)/Pro VLA(3), lots of tubes
(08-29-2023, 08:33 PM)Theotherguy Wrote: Hopefully,  iLok will not be needed for Windows 10 as well as Linux. I have two systems. One is Win10, the other is AVL-MXE. 
Hey Max,
Thanks for asking the iLok question.
Hope You are well.
Alex

I'm good Alex, thanks, hope you are, too. Just not half as far with Studio1910 as I hoped, hence my rare appearance here.
I wish the iLok fans have their fridges, cupboards and loos "protected" with iLok, too. Of course I wish their iLok never breaks  Big Grin

Cheers, MMM
Linux throughout!

Mac and Windows will require iLok for new & updated AVA plugins.

Prior AVA Bass Flow customers will be provided with a free iLok license to replace the old license. That process isn't in place yet, but I think it is just a few days away.

As much as I liked our old license mechanism, it doesn't meet the needs or expectations of many plugin users. iLok is an established solution, and it allows for things like timed demos and subscriptions that let you use a plugin temporarily for a project. In the case of our more expensive plugins like the 'Flow' plugins and the MPC Channel, many customers want to know that they can install a plugin on a studio machine and safely take it with them, when they go. Our old licenses didn't provide that kind of security.

At the moment, we have no plans to switch Mixbus to iLok. Personally I have no problems with iLok, but I know it's a controversial topic for some of our users. So far, by providing free iLok replacement licenses, and retaining our old licensing for linux users who can't access iLok, SSL has made it a really easy transition.

-Ben at Harrison
(08-29-2023, 10:32 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Mac and Windows will require iLok for new & updated AVA plugins.

Prior AVA Bass Flow customers will be provided with a free iLok license to replace the old license.  That process isn't in place yet, but I think it is just a few days away.

As much as I liked our old license mechanism, it doesn't meet the needs or expectations of many plugin users.  iLok is an established solution, and it allows for things like timed demos and subscriptions that let you use a plugin temporarily for a project.  In the case of our more expensive plugins like the 'Flow' plugins and the MPC Channel,  many customers want to know that they can install a plugin on a studio machine and safely take it with them, when they go.  Our old licenses didn't provide that kind of security.

At the moment, we have no plans to switch Mixbus to iLok. Personally I have no problems with iLok, but I know it's a controversial topic for some of our users.  So far, by providing free iLok replacement licenses, and retaining our old licensing for linux users who can't access iLok,  SSL has made it a really easy transition.

-Ben at Harrison
As far as I understand, from a Linux user's point of view, nothing changes. I hope it stays like this and we can continue to enjoy Harrison's products and support your work financially. Our group is growing slowly but surely. I hope SSL understands this too.
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7

The bundle looks very good value apart from the fact that the Guitarstrip is not available for Linux, would need to be run under Wine and therefore an iLok would be needed. Whether either would work under Wine is uncertain of course.
(08-29-2023, 10:32 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Mac and Windows will require iLok for new & updated AVA plugins.

Prior AVA Bass Flow customers will be provided with a free iLok license to replace the old license.  That process isn't in place yet, but I think it is just a few days away.

As much as I liked our old license mechanism, it doesn't meet the needs or expectations of many plugin users.  iLok is an established solution, and it allows for things like timed demos and subscriptions that let you use a plugin temporarily for a project.  In the case of our more expensive plugins like the 'Flow' plugins and the MPC Channel,  many customers want to know that they can install a plugin on a studio machine and safely take it with them, when they go.  Our old licenses didn't provide that kind of security.

At the moment, we have no plans to switch Mixbus to iLok. Personally I have no problems with iLok, but I know it's a controversial topic for some of our users.  So far, by providing free iLok replacement licenses, and retaining our old licensing for linux users who can't access iLok,  SSL has made it a really easy transition.

-Ben at Harrison

I doubt that the partnership will make SSL take a turn towards Linux.
I just really hope it won't affect Harrison's Linux friendly attitude!

What could make Harrison insist on releasing a joint SSL/Harrison plugin or suite or whatever for Linux, and not just as an iLok software?
I'm happy the current AVA plugins aren't affected, but I am a bit conserned about the stuff that's under development or will be developed in the future.

You know, Harrison, we love you in the pro audio Linux community. Your Linux support is one of the reasons I can have the workflow I have, use my studio the way I use it.
Please don't get lost for us!