Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't understand performance
(12-13-2022, 07:39 AM)johne53 Wrote: Those figures look more reasonable... presumably you're running at 44.1KHz?

I've a small session here at 48KHz and no plugins. When I set its buffer size to 256, Jack shows me 8% DSP and non-Jack varies between 11% and 19% (those are with Windows 10)

So nowhere near the figures that you've been seeing  Huh

For me, a blank session no plugins, 48k, 256 buffer, also shows about 17%.
But a session with 16 or so tracks, 2 Harrison plugins on only 2 busses, 256 hits 90% at first, then goes between 60 to 80, but not very comfortable to me...
I want/will be using more plugins than that...
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.7
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
It's not easy to say if this is an i7 issue or a Win11 issue - but people using i7 + Win11 do seem to be having performance issues... Do either you or @arthie have an earlier version of 32C you could try? (i.e. pre version 8)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
Yes I have earlier versions and even tried standard mixbus v7 with the same results. Today my notebook seller will do a remote session and look into everything, perhaps they can figure it out as pro audio-selling company.
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
It might be worth mentioning that there are lots of online reports about Windows 11 performing very badly (and esp. with the i7 CPU). In fact, Windows 10 had similar problems when first released. Maybe for the first year or so, Microsoft don't fully optimise their new releases?
So result after check from expert is: something is terribly wrong with the notebook, I have to send it over to them and they‘ll fix it aaaand hopefully afterwards everything works fine Smile
Just out of interest... what is a DAX notebook? I tried a Google search but it literally came up with notebooks (i.e. paper ones!!)
DAX stands for Digital Audionetworx, it is a company from Berlin which is specialized on optimizing notebooks for Audio-Dudes who do not want to study IT before buying a good tool ;p Here you find my notebook: https://www.da-x.de/de/pro-audio-noteboo...rator.html
Well let's hope they can fix it for you but AFAIK the whole point of a notebook is to be a low performance machine  Sad
(12-16-2022, 12:07 PM)johne53 Wrote: Well let's hope they can fix it for you but AFAIK the whole point of a notebook is to be a low performance machine  Sad

As an IT manager, each place I have worked, I got a new laptop.
Each laptop I got was more powerful processor wise than any computer and server the company had.
Of course, that doesn't say a lot for how old their machines were, but there are plenty of mobile workstations that are monster machines...
The point of a notebook is to be portable, not to be low performance.

I can see it now, someone walking into a computer store, and asks... "Give me the lowest performance machine you have!"
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.7
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
Notebooks are lightweight for sure... but in performance as well as portability.Take a look at the Advantages & Disadvantages section here