Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't understand performance
And when writing to Harrison, do mention that changing the font size was very detrimental to your DSP reading. I'll bet they're probably not aware of that !!
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
@arthie: based on your description, my guess is that Mixbus's attempt to use hardware-accelerated graphics features are conflicting with your computer's other peripherals.

Switching to a different USB port on your motherboard is a possible fix. You might also try changing some of the video settings in windows.

@jeff_sloan: how is that M1 treating you? We are just as passionate about Windows performance as we are for mac; BUT mac really provides a much better set of tools for low-latency performance, and there are FAR fewer hardware combinations that can cause trouble.
@arthie - it might also be worth trying a simple session without any plugins and let us know what DSP reading you see (and what buffer size).
Hi Ben, I tried all usb ports already and none got me better performance. Which video settings should be done? The selling company (DAx specialized on audio computers) mentioned they did every optimization for realtime audio already and I think they have done a good job (a much better one I could do).
I did a session: no Plugin, just blank and got about 30-45% DSP, while windowswise CPU is chilling at 5%. Buffersize is at 256 samples (which is maximum when I want to play any instrument into my computer).
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
(12-13-2022, 05:30 AM)arthie Wrote: Buffersize is at 256 samples (which is maximum when I want to play any instrument into my computer).

Does your Audient have its own Control Panel? And if so, does it let you see the buffer size? I remember a problem once where Mixbus would request a buffer size for the audio interface but some interfaces would then set themselves to a different value. I think it got fixed but that might be something worth checking.

Also, try changing your buffersize to 1024 temporarily and let us know how it affects your DSP reading (with and without Jack).
Hi Johne, Yes the Audient shows up my selected buffer size and it follows correctly when I do changes. With 1024 Samples Buffer Size I get without any PlugIn and just one track in my session 13% DSP and with Jack around 12%DSP. When I add any plugIn it's about 40% or with Jack 20% DSP. Which is quite a lot and when I try doing a whole Song project with it, I will not be able to work even in this setting.
Last hope for using Mixbus will be my support request, hopefully they hav a idea, otherwise I will have to take a look in a different software, sad but I have no other options I fear.
Those figures look more reasonable... presumably you're running at 44.1KHz?

I've a small session here at 48KHz and no plugins. When I set its buffer size to 256, Jack shows me 8% DSP and non-Jack varies between 11% and 19% (those are with Windows 10)

So nowhere near the figures that you've been seeing  Huh
actually I tried different samplerates because the audient seams to prefer 96kHz (as it works in Windows just with 96kHz correctly), but it made no difference at all.
as I don't want to give up I did a try with another audio interface I have and it is even worse behaviour with that (Roland Quad Capture), even shuting down mixbus, when trying to start audio engine with 44,1kHz and 256 Samples Buffer. With jack it starts, but has at least 40% DSP while having no plugIn in my session.

So @Ben what are the video/grafik tweaks you suggest? Seams to be the last possible rescue.
(12-12-2022, 07:00 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @arthie: based on your description, my guess is that Mixbus's attempt to use hardware-accelerated graphics features are conflicting with your computer's other peripherals.

Switching to a different USB port on your motherboard is a possible fix.  You might also try changing some of the video settings in windows.

@jeff_sloan:  how is that M1 treating you?  We are just as passionate about Windows performance as we are for mac;  BUT  mac really provides a much better set of tools for low-latency performance, and there are FAR fewer hardware combinations that can cause trouble.

Ben,
Just got it turned on yesterday!
Then it required I upgrade my screen monitor solution... sheeze!
Went from a screen with HDMI 2.0 no HDR to one with 2.1 and HDR, now I can get full resolution from the Mac Studio.
(The monitor was locking up from time to time before, and with trying to go back and forth on inputs to switch between Win system and Mac, it would just lock up, so an excuse to upgrade I guess)
So, I just got the interface loaded on the Mac, and was about to go download the Mac version of Mixbus 8.1, when I thought I would check the forums 1st. I just read about Ardour 7.2 coming out today, and I just KNOW as soon as I install MB 32C ver 8.1, 8.2 is going to be announced!!!
I will be testing as soon as I get it downloaded and my session I am currently working on copied over.
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.7
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders