Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
32C Channel on Youtube
(09-27-2022, 04:54 AM)Dingo Wrote: @Atilla S. - thanks for the schematic - nice piece of history to reference

I found it here:
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threa...on.320638/
(09-20-2022, 11:39 AM)Holger Wrote: May I draw your attention to the following YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSHexh1yNoc&t=5s
Dan Worrall tested the 32C Channel some time ago and expressed some criticism, mainly about the marketing but also about the technical implementation of the equaliser.
He has now received a reply from Harrison, which I find quite impertinent, as it makes the customers - i.e. us - responsible for false assumptions.
Beyond the fact that the justifications put forward are technically very questionable, I also think it is very counterproductive not to admit to a marketing error.
I think we all know here why we use the Mixbus DAW, but as a new customer with at least basic knowledge of audio processing, Harrison's statements would probably discourage me from trying out a product.
Would it perhaps be advisable to give the marketing department - and I very much hope that they are the ones causing this - a hint that they are mainly dealing with (semi)professionals here who see through such arguments and to publish a corresponding apology?

So, I was a bit hard on the Harrison company on my own channel as well when this was discovered, even uninstalled Mixbus 32C, everything.  But... I came back and removed my video.  What the problem was, is that I expected Mixbus 32C and the plugins to be something they are not.  The things that it is not... an analog console in the box.  The plugins... direct copies of the actual 32C channel with the non-linearities.  

So, now on to the things that it is.  Mixbus is a superior in the box mixing system with some analog vibe. The EQ cramps, but so does the metric halo channel that huge Grammy award winning mix engineers use on a daily basis. So, is EQ cramping really that much of a problem? No! If the EQ is the problem, are their alternatives? YES! As you can use them in Mixbus 32C because of VST3 support. Dan Worrall mentions the compressor is wondeful, indeed it is! Do we want more control over the compressor? Maybe there are times when you might want some more control, then use a compressor plugin for that duty. Harrison also makes plugins AVA, and use the compressor from that, as it is more detailed.

Things that are undeniable. Mixbus 32C has the fastest workflow because everything is in front of you. All the routing is taken care of. Just start mixing. You have a favorites box for your favorite plugins, plus the Mixbus 32C DSP is also second to none! For someone who knows how to mix, to some who does not, the layout of Harrison Mixbus is easy. Plus, the ability to mix audio files to video is also done very well in Mixbus 32C.

I also like the fact that Analog Obsession plugins work flawlessly in Mixbus 32C with no crashing. If I need a Harrison 32C EQ that doesn't cramp, I can reach for the Harqules plugin. Most of the time I am not changing the frequency knob when mixing anyhow, or I will use a high shelf. If Serban Ghenea can mix top 40 hits with a cramping EQ, then I can mix my music just fine.
Hi vigilantestylez, welcome to the Mixbus forum - good first post ....
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5