Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus32C : UPDATE v8.1.376
We have published a new, free software update for Mixbus32C : version 8.1.376!

These small but important fixes are implemented in the new version:
  • Further fixes to make sure that starting playback between 2 Cue Markers will be synced with the metronome, and obey all Follow Actions that might have been performed by the prior Cue Marker
  • Several fixes for AudioUnit window resizing and showing when using ‘bridged’ Intel AudioUnit plugins on a Mac M1 system
  • Better centering of the text in Cue buttons and Cue Markers
  • In the Editor sidebar list : indicate the currently open snapshot
  • In the Editor sidebar list : require a double-click before recalling a snapshot
  • Fix ‘Session->Archive’ data-loss errors related to nested regions and Clips in the Cue page
  • Fixed some issues related to guard-points of automation controls, when working on a Range
  • Fixed an offset when copy-pasting audio region envelopes and other automation data
  • Fixed some issues related to offset of region-associated automation (i.e. region gain or MIDI CC’s)
  • Fixed "when refilling, cannot write" disk-reader error which was being erroneously reported in the Log window
  • Better handling of the case when loading a session and the currently selected audio device cannot open the desired sample rate
  • Fixed a rare transport-freeze when locating between 2 Cue Markers
This software update is FREE for both Demo and Licensed users of Mixbus32C.  If you have a license for v8, it will be found by the new v8.1 software with no additional steps required.

You can get the new Mixbus32C software from the Mixbus32C demo store page.  Due to high download volume, we use the FastSpring download service to provide you with localized, fast downloads of the Mixbus32C software.  You will be prompted for your email address and area-code so FastSpring can provide you a fast download link.

As always, I look forward to your opinion of these new features and I hope you'll write us (mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com) to tell us your thoughts!

Best,
-Ben Loftis
Harrison Mixbus product manager
Great!
I'm really happy the issue where MIDI automation would become partly unavailable in split tracks (long story, but Paul from Ardour solved it) now is fixed!
A rather minor thing with this new version is that it for some reason doesn't launch in fullscreen, but in a smaller window. Well, at least on my Linux setup. No biggie, of course. Just strange.
Anyway, thank you so much for the update!
One slight annoyance on Windows...

1) System Preferences->Plugins->VST
2) Clear the caches, close System Preferences and than restart MB
3) Click the Mixer in a Plugin area and you'll be asked if you want to scan for VST plugins
4) At the end of the scan, two dialogs will appear:- Plugin Manager dialog and Plugin Selector dialog

But with both dialogs showing, MB remains hung (unresponsive) until you close one of them. It hasn't actually crashed but it sure looks like it has.

Caught me out a few times at first!!  Sad

[Edit...] In fact is there any point in launching the Plugin Manager window here? Because it's totally unresponsive whenever the Plugin Selector window gets shown. I'd suggest that Plugin Manager should only ever be launchable manually - or if Plugin Manager does need to get launched here, it should be getting launched INSTEAD OF Plugin Selector, rather than launching both windows together.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
Sessions in this version open on the screen somewhere in the midle in a small window, the full size (right corner square) is there but the custom (two squares ) does not show, though it is a "custom" size.
best
Tassy
win7/64

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(08-20-2022, 01:39 PM)Tassy Wrote: Sessions in this version open on the screen somewhere in the midle in a small window, the full size (right corner square) is there but the custom (two squares ) does not show, though it is a "custom" size.
best
Tassy
win7/64

Same here, Win10/64.
Today, I will update on AVL/MXE. 
I'll post if the result is the same or different.
Alex
Win10 64 i5 3330 Quad Core, AVL/MXE i5, MB 3-9, MB32C 3-9, Tascam US 20x20(2), Tascam 388, Alesis HD24, Alesis ML 9600(2), A&H GL2400, Soundcraft Studio Spirit 24, Roland Integra7, Roland S-50, M-Audio Hammer 88, ART/ MPA Gold/ TPSII/Pro Channel(2)/Pro VLA(3), lots of tubes
Same here 
Kind Regats Dannie
Windows pro 10 ,Intel i9 CPU 10900k,32GB RAM,500 GB C Samsung 970 m2,1000 GB D 970 m2,RME Fireface  802 FS ,Yamaha NS 10 m,Dynaudio Bm5mklll,Icon Qcon pro G2,PT HD 12,5 HMB 32C V. 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 pro
Same in AVL-MXE
Win10 64 i5 3330 Quad Core, AVL/MXE i5, MB 3-9, MB32C 3-9, Tascam US 20x20(2), Tascam 388, Alesis HD24, Alesis ML 9600(2), A&H GL2400, Soundcraft Studio Spirit 24, Roland Integra7, Roland S-50, M-Audio Hammer 88, ART/ MPA Gold/ TPSII/Pro Channel(2)/Pro VLA(3), lots of tubes
Small window issue also occurring on Mac Intel/Big Sur.
(08-18-2022, 06:28 AM)johne53 Wrote: One slight annoyance on Windows...

1) System Preferences->Plugins->VST
2) Clear the caches, close System Preferences and than restart MB
3) Click the Mixer in a Plugin area and you'll be asked if you want to scan for VST plugins
4) At the end of the scan, two dialogs will appear:- Plugin Manager dialog and Plugin Selector dialog

But with both dialogs showing, MB remains hung (unresponsive) until you close one of them. It hasn't actually crashed but it sure looks like it has.

Caught me out a few times at first!!  Sad

[Edit...] In fact is there any point in launching the Plugin Manager window here? Because it's totally unresponsive whenever the Plugin Selector window gets shown. I'd suggest that Plugin Manager should only ever be launchable manually - or if Plugin Manager does need to get launched here, it should be getting launched INSTEAD OF Plugin Selector, rather than launching both windows together.
The old plugin managaer was good, the new selector and the upcoming window full of "errors" is not a good idea. Should return to the old one...
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Interesting that my reply on plugin manager ("the old plugin...") appeared in John's post as if he has written it.
Some bug in the forum site?
best
Tassy