Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus32C : UPDATE v8.1.376
@Tassy you had inserted your reply within the quoted area of Johne53's post. I have corrected the format error.
About nine months ago the Forum software was updated and the way quoted text is handled can be 'simple' or 'advanced'....when you reply there is a page icon right of the UI this will display text as source (with html code) or as rendered (WYSIWYG).

You should switch to show source it makes it easier to quote as you can see the html markup.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Thanks Dingo for the correction

How could I insert it in someone other's text? The "reply" option shold not allow to write/edit into the original post by somebody else than the author.
There was two ways for an answer: 1. where the quote appeared above my answer and 2. a new reply. Maybe it was simpler to use.

To have the html shown somewhere is a good idea to get it if I want to refer to some post for example in an email or other reference.
best
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
The 'small window problem' also occurs in Linux.
MB 32C 9.1.324 / Ubuntu 22.04 LTS - KDE / Kernel 5.14.0 / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core / NVIDIA GP108 Driver 390.147 / Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
loop range still does not loop, but playhead goes on
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(08-22-2022, 02:12 PM)Tassy Wrote: loop range still does not loop, but playhead goes on

Strange!
My looping seems to work just fine.
That's on Linux, don't know if that's relevant.
(08-23-2022, 03:28 AM)krans Wrote:
(08-22-2022, 02:12 PM)Tassy Wrote: loop range still does not loop, but playhead goes on

Strange!
My looping seems to work just fine.
That's on Linux, don't know if that's relevant.

My looping seems to work just fine, with Windows 11 Pro Mixbus32C v8.1.376
V5, V6, V7, loop works fine, but v8 loop does not work. Cannot be due to my pc setup
(08-23-2022, 10:51 AM)Tassy Wrote: V5, V6, V7, loop works fine, but v8 loop does not work. Cannot be due to my pc setup

Hi Tassy,  sorry to hear you are having issues. 

Here is what I am doing
1. select region or draw a range
2. press right bracket to insert loop points
3. press L key to start loop playback.

Is this what you are doing?
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio
Thanks Nathan
Yes I do it as years before in earlier versions: select range/right click to get the rolldown menu/choose loop range, and it does not loop but playhead goes on. I have found and posted it on beta that when ticking "play loop as transport mode" in the preferences, loop works well, only has to be started first to play but then returns and returns... as expected...
All previous versions this option should be unticked and worked.
Cannot be some little bug/change there?
HI Tassy,

there are some fine details here. "play loop as transport" left unchecked will play a loop when you drag a range and choose Loop Playback in the right click menu. This won't work when that box is checked in preferences.

Lots of changes to looping and BBT are currently in development so perhaps what you are used to has changed a bit. In both variations I can get a range to loop with no issues "in my preferred method".
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio