Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
myriad of issues (VST3,PDC,CRASHING)
Many of my VST3 plug ins that work fine in Reaper do not get their outputs seen by Mixbus, therefore preventing mutli-timbral operation.

When i use a plugin that has latency. it is not compensated for,  throwing the timing off.

I tested pitch shifting a region (one little snare sample) which results in a guaranteed crash.

This is all a bit much to accept, even at sale price.

Wintel10 x64

New user of V8 since yesterday.
(05-25-2022, 02:32 AM)dna598 Wrote: Many of my VST3 plug ins that work fine in Reaper do not get their outputs seen by Mixbus, therefore preventing mutli-timbral operation.

Hi dna598 welcome to the Forum.
This video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khUdu0L9VLI might help you route multi-timbral plugins.

(05-25-2022, 02:32 AM)dna598 Wrote: When i use a plugin that has latency. it is not compensated for,  throwing the timing off.

Preferences/Appearance/Toolbar/Display Latency Compensation Info - check this option, then on Edit page make sure Disable PDC is not on (you should see a value above zero). If not what plugins are you having latency issues with?

(05-25-2022, 02:32 AM)dna598 Wrote: I tested pitch shifting a region (one little snare sample) which results in a guaranteed crash.

Are you using your System drive for Audio ?

(05-25-2022, 02:32 AM)dna598 Wrote: This is all a bit much to accept, even at sale price.

Wintel10 x64

New user of V8 since yesterday.

Hopefully some of the Windows users might be able to add more.
What you describe is not the norm, give it more time the speed of sound is worth it.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
The pitch shift problem exists on Linux as well. Pitch shift and time stretching both results in an immediate crash. I already informed Nathan about that.
(05-25-2022, 08:23 AM)Holger Wrote: The pitch shift problem exists on Linux as well. Pitch shift and time stretching both results in an immediate crash. I already informed Nathan about that.

Is that in 8.0.17 or 8.0.106?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(05-25-2022, 08:39 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(05-25-2022, 08:23 AM)Holger Wrote: The pitch shift problem exists on Linux as well. Pitch shift and time stretching both results in an immediate crash. I already informed Nathan about that.

Is that in 8.0.17 or 8.0.106?

Sorry for not mention it: Mixbus 32C 8.0.17
Ah, I wondered if it might be related to the waveform crash but that didn't come until 8.0.106 (8.0.106 can crash if anything needs to redraw any region waveforms  Sad )
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
Using Kirchhoff EQ in linear phase mode on a vsti multi timbral snare track introduces latency which makes it unusable. I have PDC enabled. It doesn't compensate. I've tried my best with all the menu options to no avail. It just doesn't seem to work over here.

Thank you to the other users for the report on incomplete VST3 implementation, and the known fatal time stretch bug. How do those even make it into a paid and advertised release?. And I'm not using the system drive for audio, as if that should matter.

If i may mention the Clip (cue) feature. Yes, I was aware it wasn't exactly going to compete with Ableton, but i'm not sure if it should even be advertised in it's current state. No recording to arrangement, basic re-triggering, midi....It's in Alpha state. 

It's my intention to make Mixbus something i can enjoy to use for composing as it has a wonderful crunch and squeeze I haven't found in my current DAW line up (including using the Harrison strip and bus plugs). But so far it's (still) one step forward, two steps back, for anything beyond carrying out an imported stem mix using only the built in processing.

I very much hope the essential improvements come thick and fast. (undo in the mixer anyone?)
@dna598: Maybe ask for an older version(key) and try if that fits your needs for the time being.
(05-25-2022, 12:54 PM)dna598 Wrote: And I'm not using the system drive for audio, as if that should matter.
It does matter... every studio I have ever worked at has kept audio and video off the System drive.

There are a heap of articles about this.... here is one.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
me too... I like mixbus very much, but suddenly you work maybe like two hours on a session just to find out that nothing has been saved...

HOFA plugins also just won't respond im Mixbus.
(and as a HOFA formed Audio Engineer HOFA plugins are my way to go..)

Awkward ... because in Cubase everything is flawless... even after major crash or freeze (which btw hardly never happens..)... when you open up your last session you find that everything was neatly saved.