Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
myriad of issues (VST3,PDC,CRASHING)
(05-29-2022, 04:25 PM)JanS Wrote: me too... I like mixbus very much, but suddenly you work maybe like two hours on a session just to find out that nothing has been saved...

HOFA plugins also just won't respond im Mixbus.
(and as a HOFA formed Audio Engineer HOFA plugins are my way to go..)

Awkward ... because in Cubase everything is flawless... even after major crash or freeze (which btw hardly never happens..)... when you open up your last session you find that everything was neatly saved.

JanS, it would really help if you provide some detail in your posts: what Mixbus version are you running ? What flavour of WIN ?
Not being able to save is a serious issue and if it was a bug this forum would be on fire with posts about that...
In your case it may point to a path / name change or no path being set for the project drive, or that you do not have the necessary Write permissions.
Session/Properties/Locations should list a valid destination.
https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...-a-session
You should also check to see if you have backups in your project folder.
https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...ser-topics
With your HOFA plugins, have you tried trashing the cache and ignore lists and re-scanning ?
You might also try trashing Mixbus preferences and re-installing from scratch.
If you are still having issues email support: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Hi,

I'm using Mixbus 7.2 on Windows 10.

Yes... when a session froze or the asio (focusrite Scarlet) crashed (why is that in the first place?)... no more saving... even after computer restart... this is serious because it tears away my trust in ths wonderful DAW.
JanS,
I have had issues with my Scarlett 18i20 occasionally dropping off the system. This seemed to happen regardless of the DAW I have been using. I changed the USB cable from the long red one provided to a much shorter quality cable and am not having the same issues.
Check out this article about USB issues with Scarlett
https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/a...nce-issues
And here is guide to optimise for Windows.
https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/a...Windows-10.
In version 6 of Mixbus the save function was changed to allow saving even if the audio engine is not present (this was not the case previously), so even if your Focusrite drops out and the audio engine is not functioning you SHOULD be able to save and close a session.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(05-29-2022, 06:04 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(05-29-2022, 04:25 PM)JanS Wrote: me too... I like mixbus very much, but suddenly you work maybe like two hours on a session just to find out that nothing has been saved...

HOFA plugins also just won't respond im Mixbus.
(and as a HOFA formed Audio Engineer HOFA plugins are my way to go..)

Awkward ... because in Cubase everything is flawless... even after major crash or freeze (which btw hardly never happens..)... when you open up your last session you find that everything was neatly saved.

With your HOFA plugins, have you tried trashing the cache and ignore lists and re-scanning ?
You might also try trashing Mixbus preferences and re-installing from scratch.
If you are still having issues email support: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

These plugins show up as OKAY but remain unresponsive.
the analyser for example doesn't even show the RTA.

As I remember these issues were already present in Mixbus 7.xx (earlier version) ... strange... all others run normally, just as these plugins run also normally in Cubase 9 and 12.
Comparing Mixbus to Cubase is unfair. I understand the functional need for an end user to do so...but, it's a LITTLE lacking perspective. Did you think the open source, coded by passionate "not full time staff devs"...was going to be as robust a code set as Yamaha built over 35 years of marketing leading sales?
Win10pro(2004) : i7 8700/RX570 8gb/16gb/970evo : RME PCIe Multiface : Mixbus 32c 4.3 & 7.2
Other DAWs: Logic 10.4 (MacBook) Cubase 10.5 (PC)
Music: https://jamielang.bandcamp.com
(05-29-2022, 09:01 PM)JamieLang Wrote: Comparing Mixbus to Cubase is unfair. I understand the functional need for an end user to do so...but, it's a LITTLE lacking perspective. Did you think the open source, coded by passionate "not full time staff devs"...was going to be as robust a code set as Yamaha built over 35 years of marketing leading sales?

I'm not having that, sorry. It matters not one bit how "passionate" the devs are.
I 'll compare it to Reaper - It pales in comparison, feature and stability wise. Reaper is coded by about 2 dudes. Considering Reaper cost me 60 dollars, (and is FLAWLESS), I currently view my purchase of Mixbus 32c as a spur of the moment mistake.  I could have stuck to my copy of mixbus 5 for all 32c is currently worth to me. It's practically broken and i won't be using it until there are substantial improvements, and i absolutely won't be parting with any more funds to see it. Sad
(06-01-2022, 12:58 PM)dna598 Wrote:
(05-29-2022, 09:01 PM)JamieLang Wrote: Comparing Mixbus to Cubase is unfair. I understand the functional need for an end user to do so...but, it's a LITTLE lacking perspective. Did you think the open source, coded by passionate "not full time staff devs"...was going to be as robust a code set as Yamaha built over 35 years of marketing leading sales?

I 'll compare it to Reaper - It pales in comparison, feature and stability wise. Reaper is coded by about 2 dudes.

If only the two products could be amalgamated   Cool  Idea

According to wikipedia, Reaper's first release was about 15 years ago and yet to me, it seems like a more established product somehow...

But in some ways (a bit like Mixbus maybe...) it's a very good product which is also struggling to find its place in the mainstream
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
Cockos started in 2004, and whilst the development team is small it is far more than just two people.
Reaper is great for composing but it is not a Mixing interface.
Mixbus started about 2009 and was designed as a Mixing interface, a real emulation of the legendary Harrison Consoles .
Due to customer pressure the project has recently started to incorporate more creative / compositional tools.
Basically the sound and results are that good that many Mixbus users want to compose / create 'on the desk' so to say.
This is a huge change in direction and will take time to be fully implemented.
(06-02-2022, 06:04 PM)Dingo Wrote: Due to customer pressure the project has recently started to incorporate more creative / compositional tools.

I'm not sure that customer pressure is the right phrase. A big project like this with strong competitors can't survive with bug fixes and improvements over excising functions alone, one has to add new features if one wants to get paid for upgrades or attract new users.  :-)

I'm commenting on this because occasionally, people respond to postings by not wanting new functions and ask the devs to go for bug hunting, fixing, and improvements of existing functions instead. That is understandable, it's very frustrating to have (old) bugs and workarounds (which are often flow-killers when one has a client over the shoulder or is in a creative mood), but wishes for new functions and bells and whistles are nothing less than great opportunities to make the project thrive and continue.

But of course, fixing bugs is extremely important.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
@Jostein, Yes point taken Smile