Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UAD Linux support
Anyone feeling that way can certainly make contributions to those developing the product.
For example: Glen MacArthur has been the provider of AVLinux (a FANTASTIC Linux distro for Music Production) for years.
A few $$ from its users would go far to allow him to keep this effort moving forward.
Personally, I'm quite happy to provide $$ support to the providers of the tools I use to produce music today
and consider it "paybacks" for previous years when I could not afford to.

Cheers!
Patrick
what is holding me back from switching is that most of my goto plugins are not officially supported and I did so far not have the time to digg so deep into linus that I could try making them run... especially concerned about plugin alliance, addictive drums, vienna synphonic and softtube.. perhaps someon has them running, would be interested.
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
@arthie -
Yes, Those are significant concerns.
I would not recommend your switching to Linux, per se. Rather, try out Linux (I highly recommend AVLinux) on another machine so
as to not interrupt your current productivity. That will allow you to download the Linux image of your current Mixbus release -
Yes, you can download all three platform types of the Mixbus release you purchased! THEN you can test out all the plugins in your inventory.

Cheers!
Patrick
(01-19-2022, 10:59 AM)PBuryk Wrote: @arthie -

...THEN you can test out all the plugins in your inventory....

Cheers!
Patrick

And/or find Linux-native replacements.
MMM
(I'm not a big friend of wine)
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
I should probably do that and invest that time. By the way, do you guys have any good website about this whole linux switch, where someone like me could gather information about the "how to"?
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
(01-20-2022, 03:16 AM)arthie Wrote: I should probably do that and invest that time. By the way, do you guys have any good website about this whole linux switch, where someone like me could gather information about the "how to"?

To get things under Linux going, there's the AV Linux manual - good old Glen not only created and maintained AV Linux over a decade or more, but also an excellent handbook for new-Linuxer. Btw the latest versions of AV Linux make it possible to boot from live USB and make this "installation" permanent on this stick without hard drive installation, so it preserves all your settings and installations during reboot. In times of 128GB+ USB-3 sticks being dirt cheap you wouldn't even need a second computer at first.

Cheers,
MMM

http://www.bandshed.net/avlinux/
http://bandshed.net/pdf/AVL-MXE-User-Manual.pdf

P.S.: AV Linux is the only Linux distribution which comes with a Mixbus demo officially preinstalled - that's how I discovered Mixbus (v2 back then)
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths