Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Customizing MB with logo's, etc. WHERE?
Big Grin 
I have successfully done this on my MAC many times, however I have no idea the procedure to do it on my mobile Linux Ubunto laptop. I have no idea where to look for the folders, or what changes if any are needed to my custom png files to make them work correctly. On my MAC I replace all the splash screens with my custom ones. 
Not really advanced in linux, but I know my way around it's file structure and terminal if needed.
Any help would be sincerely appreciated! Big Grin
Mini Mac i7, 3 GHz, 16GB RAM, OSX Monterey v12.6.5, 4 SSD drives, dual 27" displays. Mixbus 32C Latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie VLZ 1402 mixer and Mackie Mk3 8" monitors. Owner of LOGIC AUDIO PRODUCTIONS, Lake Havasu City, Arizona USA Cool
(11-21-2021, 01:56 PM)rdesanti Wrote: I have successfully done this on my MAC many times, however I have no idea the procedure to do it on my mobile Linux Ubunto laptop. I have no idea where to look for the folders, or what changes if any are needed to my custom png files to make them work correctly. On my MAC I replace all the splash screens with my custom ones. 
Not really advanced in linux, but I know my way around it's file structure and terminal if needed.

The file names on Linux and on Mac should be the same in the same subfolders under the Mixbus directory. Linux Mixbus installations are sitting in /opt/Mixbusxxx.. Replace the respective files there (as you would do on a Mac) and you should be good to go. Make safety copies of the originals first though.
That's off the top of my head, it's been a few years since I felt the need.

Cheers, MM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(11-21-2021, 10:20 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 01:56 PM)rdesanti Wrote: I have successfully done this on my MAC many times, however I have no idea the procedure to do it on my mobile Linux Ubunto laptop. I have no idea where to look for the folders, or what changes if any are needed to my custom png files to make them work correctly. On my MAC I replace all the splash screens with my custom ones. 

The file names on Linux and on Mac should be the same in the same subfolders under the Mixbus directory. Linux Mixbus installations are sitting in /opt/Mixbusxxx.. Replace the respective files there (as you would do on a Mac) and you should be good to go. Make safety copies of the originals first though.

Cheers, MM
OK MM I need to change permissions in the /opt/Mixbus32C-7.2.0 folder as it's set to root! Too much work 4 me. I tried a few chmod things with no avail.
Mini Mac i7, 3 GHz, 16GB RAM, OSX Monterey v12.6.5, 4 SSD drives, dual 27" displays. Mixbus 32C Latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie VLZ 1402 mixer and Mackie Mk3 8" monitors. Owner of LOGIC AUDIO PRODUCTIONS, Lake Havasu City, Arizona USA Cool
(11-23-2021, 05:40 PM)rdesanti Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 10:20 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:

Cheers, MM
OK MM I need to change permissions in the /opt/Mixbus32C-7.2.0 folder as it's set to root! Too much work 4 me. I tried a few chmod things with no avail.

A.f.a.i.r. you drop them in there as root. But you're right, too much hassle just for the ego - that's why I don't bother anymore.
MMM
Linux throughout!

It's not that much of a hassle folks!

Just make the folder resources in ~/.config/mixbus*/ (yes, mixbus, not mixbus32c) folder, looking like this: ~/.config/mixbus*/resources/ and have your icon in the resources folder. That's it, long live the ego! :-)
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
(11-24-2021, 03:01 AM)Jostein Wrote: It's not that much of a hassle folks!

Just make the folder resources in ~/.config/mixbus*/ (yes, mixbus, not mixbus32c) folder, looking like this: ~/.config/mixbus*/resources/ and have your icon in the resources folder. That's it, long live the ego! :-)

But you still need root privileges. Can SUDO do this? Give me the command line! PLEASE!
(11-24-2021, 04:14 PM)rdesanti Wrote:

But you still need root privileges. Can SUDO do this? Give me the command line! PLEASE!

Code:
~/
means your home directory, you don't need root privileges there, that's the whole point. So ~/ for me means /home/max, for you it may be /home/rdesanti or whatever you chose for your username. Underneath there exists a directory .config (like /home/rdesanti/.config). The leading dot means it's hidden, but you can see it with ls -a in a terminal or in Thunar and other graphical file managers wirh ctrl+h.
 ./config is where you find/create mixbus[version#]/resources where you put your icons and png. That should all work without root permissions as it's your personal home.
But yes, if you want to be master of the universe, you can do sudo su and become permanent root in this terminal window Smile

Cheers
Linux throughout!

(11-24-2021, 04:59 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:

Code:
~/
means your home directory, you don't need root privileges there, that's the whole point. So ~/ for me means /home/max, for you it may be /home/rdesanti or whatever you chose for your username. Underneath there exists a directory .config (like /home/rdesanti/.config). The leading dot means it's hidden, but you can see it with ls -a in a terminal or in Thunar and other graphical file managers wirh ctrl+h.
 ./config is where you find/create mixbus[version#]/resources where you put your icons and png. That should all work without root permissions as it's your personal home.
But yes, if you want to be master of the universe, you can do sudo su and become permanent root in this terminal window Smile

Cheers
(11-24-2021, 04:59 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:

THANKS! I had to mkdir resources dir in the mixbus7 directory, then I added my custom tiny_logo, splash, and small-splash png files into the resources folder and BOOM!
Looks GREAT! Thank you for you kind help sir. Big Grin - RESOLVED

Code:
~/

Cheers